• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Counter attack Landshut with all the surrounding divisions (support attack). You must drive the bolsheviks out of Austria!

I will try something similar, but won´t be of any use. I am redeploying units there, but so are they, and it would not surprise me to find more than 40 divs there in a few days. Not much I can do, TBH.

Damn, 700 divisions!? Completely insase...

Seems like you need a very Führer-esque plan to escape from this, I propose pinning attacks with your forces in Poland and Bavaria against the Reds, while you head to Bratislava after you reinforce your stack in Prague. Seems like you can't ask for a huge pocket or you'd be overwhelmed... But you have to do something!

EDIT: Don't you have any dicisions regarding Vichy France? Since nobody will enter your alliance, that appears to be the only candidate, and any reinforcements help.

Yes, I have to settle with trying to do smaller encirclements like the one I did, but seriously...as you have said, 700 divisions is an insane number, and no matter how well an offensive goes (30 encircled divs is a pretty good number) they willj ust pour more and more divisions. And also I am getting tired and a little frustrated, specially knowing that if I did not focus so much in doing an early sealion perhaps I could have seized initiative and crushed them. If it was a normal non-AAR game, I think I would have already quit. :mad: I am in that awful moment every DH player has experienced, when your screen is filled with reports about enemy air raids, the enemy seems to redeploy units by teletransportation...you know what I mean, I´m sure :).

And no, I don´t have any decisions about that. Being democratic has stopped lots of decisions and events to trigger (gotta report this to the mod creator), such as the German Diplomatic Offensive after France´s fall, the Atlantic Wall, Hendaya meeting... Believe me I have checked almost any country, and no one will join the Axis.

PS: I just realized that the last pciture shows a nearly destroyed Berlin. I shall look for another one tomorrow.

Small encirclements? To me it seems like you either go big (with a proposal like mine or whatever catches a lot of Soviets) or go home

That s what I call small encirclements. By big I understand trapping all Ukraine into a giant pocket, which is normally the best way to do a successful Barbarrossa.

Damn, 700 divisions!? Completely insase...

Seems like you need a very Führer-esque plan to escape from this, I propose pinning attacks with your forces in Poland and Bavaria against the Reds, while you head to Bratislava after you reinforce your stack in Prague. Seems like you can't ask for a huge pocket or you'd be overwhelmed... But you have to do something!

EDIT: Don't you have any dicisions regarding Vichy France? Since nobody will enter your alliance, that appears to be the only candidate, and any reinforcements help.

Vichy France is scripted not to join the war. The chances will still be 0. Unless the meeting at Montoire went ahead, it will be impossible.

I assume we are dealing with similar amounts of divisions even if the provinces are smaller.

It will be useless. No matter how many bolshevik hordes we pocket and nibble away, they will still come.

I will try something similar, but won´t be of any use. I am redeploying units there, but so are they, and it would not surprise me to find more than 40 divs there in a few days. Not much I can do, TBH.

Yes, I have to settle with trying to do smaller encirclements like the one I did, but seriously...as you have said, 700 divisions is an insane number, and no matter how well an offensive goes (30 encircled divs is a pretty good number) they willj ust pour more and more divisions. And also I am getting tired and a little frustrated, specially knowing that if I did not focus so much in doing an early sealion perhaps I could have seized initiative and crushed them. If it was a normal non-AAR game, I think I would have already quit. :mad: I am in that awful moment every DH player has experienced, when your screen is filled with reports about enemy air raids, the enemy seems to redeploy units by teletransportation...you know what I mean, I´m sure :).

And no, I don´t have any decisions about that. Being democratic has stopped lots of decisions and events to trigger (gotta report this to the mod creator), such as the German Diplomatic Offensive after France´s fall, the Atlantic Wall, Hendaya meeting... Believe me I have checked almost any country, and no one will join the Axis.

PS: I just realized that the last pciture shows a nearly destroyed Berlin. I shall look for another one tomorrow.

Do as much damage as possible to the Soviets! Losing AARs are fun and entertaining. A DDR Germany AAR is also fun, overthrowing your government and reestablishing FDR.

Its still only 1943 right? How the hell did the Soviet's build up an army of almost 700 divisions?

Also, have you considered perhaps calling up some Volksturm divisions? Although militia spam may be a bit gamey, I would say it is justified in this case, since all you need are as much warm bodies on the front as you can, perhaps enough to free up your professional army forces to focus on encirclements and major counterattacks? Can you cut off the Soviets in Austria by striking in places like Czechoslovakia? That might be your only hope of destroying not only lots of enemy units, but very critically, shortening the frontlines and safeguarding your nuclear reactors.

I can feel your frustration, but I hope you can keep fighting, and eventually turn things around. At some point, the Soviet AI is going to make some sort of mistake, you must be ready to exploit whatever mistakes they might make, and show them no mercy!

Its still only 1943 right? How the hell did the Soviet's build up an army of almost 700 divisions?

Also, have you considered perhaps calling up some Volksturm divisions? Although militia spam may be a bit gamey, I would say it is justified in this case, since all you need are as much warm bodies on the front as you can, perhaps enough to free up your professional army forces to focus on encirclements and major counterattacks? Can you cut off the Soviets in Austria by striking in places like Czechoslovakia? That might be your only hope of destroying not only lots of enemy units, but very critically, shortening the frontlines and safeguarding your nuclear reactors.

I can feel your frustration, but I hope you can keep fighting, and eventually turn things around. At some point, the Soviet AI is going to make some sort of mistake, you must be ready to exploit whatever mistakes they might make, and show them no mercy!

This. I agree with it. Everything in here.

I assume we are dealing with similar amounts of divisions even if the provinces are smaller.

The same amount of divisions? Well, not exactly, almost each province has 50 Divisions stacked there, so he usual Barbarrossa breakthrough is not as easy to do.

Vichy France is scripted not to join the war. The chances will still be 0. Unless the meeting at Montoire went ahead, it will be impossible.

It will be useless. No matter how many bolshevik hordes we pocket and nibble away, they will still come.

Do as much damage as possible to the Soviets! Losing AARs are fun and entertaining. A DDR Germany AAR is also fun, overthrowing your government and reestablishing FDR.

Yes, and the meeting at Montoire did not occur. That should be corrected for a Demo germany, IMO. And yes, I feel despair when I look at the intel screen and see how more and more divisions appear in the front...the Soviet bulldozer sees unstoppable! As for the GDR AAR, I will continue with the AAR even if I lose, but I don´t know for how mant time; since this mod has not NWO integrated, there will be few things to tell and perhaps it would be better to close it after some post-war history.

I don´t know how they arrived to that number so far, to be honest. As for the militia, it has been one of my biggest mistakes, I was so focused in other things that I just forgot about it; lots of them are now in my production queue, but I am not sure if they will arrive in time; however, no event for Demo germany about it, neither.

Yes, I will keep fighting until the bitter end...although that could mean really few time. And the Soviets would need to make a huge, huge mistake for me to recover and win this war. And for the sake of truth, the one who made the biggest mistake was me when I thought the Eastern Front won´t be at war...in this case, AI Stalin outsmarted me. :(

This. I agree with it. Everything in here.

Me too!

Well, Germans, I think it's time to start practising your new anthem:

:laugh:

Oh, that is cruel!

Well, having read the whole AAR (procrastination strikes again), I'll just say this is your just punishment for the treatment you gave Czechoslovakia :p And I understand you were forced into it by badly scripted events (seems like in 98% of all AARs and mods in any HoI2 game, Czechoslovakia's fate is to be annexed by Germany, no matter who's in charge in Berlin :rolleyes: ), but still - those 50 Czech divisions would come awfully handy now, wouldn't they? :p

In any case, if you don't find a way to sever the Soviet corridor to Bohemia and Southern Germany (also known as Slovakia :D ) and destroy the whole southern Soviet front, then you'll almost surely lose the game.

Well, having read the whole AAR (procrastination strikes again), I'll just say this is your just punishment for the treatment you gave Czechoslovakia :p And I understand you were forced into it by badly scripted events (seems like in 98% of all AARs and mods in any HoI2 game, Czechoslovakia's fate is to be annexed by Germany, no matter who's in charge in Berlin :rolleyes: ), but still - those 50 Czech divisions would come awfully handy now, wouldn't they? :p

In any case, if you don't find a way to sever the Soviet corridor to Bohemia and Southern Germany (also known as Slovakia :D ) and destroy the whole southern Soviet front, then you'll almost surely lose the game.

Hey, it was them who abandoned the alliance, i was very happy with Czechoslovakia as a free Axis country! Other than that, I agree with your analysis.

Hey, it was them who abandoned the alliance, i was very happy with Czechoslovakia as a free Axis country! Other than that, I agree with your analysis.

Can I have the save? I want to see if I can get out of this.

Sorry for the lack of update, but I have been unable to play a single minute this week. Hopefully I will be able to post something on Monday or so.

Tried to play the save on beta 9, its relatively well. i pushed the russians back to danzig before becoming ddr and surrendering. you should play beta 9 next time. they have awesome ddr and democratic german events.

Tried to play the save on beta 9, its relatively well. i pushed the russians back to danzig before becoming ddr and surrendering. you should play beta 9 next time. they have awesome ddr and democratic german events.

Good to know there is not much to do but delay the unevitable, and I still need to try beta 9 of this wonderful mod. I have some spare time today, and finally I will be able to resume the game, hopefully also to write something!

Chapter XXVII: Morgenröte (III)

As Soviet troops advaced towards the German capital, the Government found itself in the need to make desperate choices that were unthinkable just a few years ago, but essential in the present context. After much debate within the OKH, Chancellor Vogel finally agreed to the proposal of Marshal Model, who standed for the creation of a number of popular militias to defend those points where the Russian advance could end up being more critical. While the majority of these troops would consist of teenagers and pensioneers not included in the reserve (which would not hamper the capacity of reinforcing the current regular divisions) and most of its equipment consisted of antiquated rifles and some of the cheap and effective Panzerfausts, the Government hoped that such troops would fight tirelessly to defend not some distant and void ideals, but their own homes and families.

volkssturm7.jpg

A group of German pensioners armed with Panzerfausts for the future defense of Berlin

However, the first of these units would not be ready for deploy until some weeks had passed, and meanwhile the Soviets continued their relentless advance across the eastern and southern borders of Germany. Trying to distract the Wehrmacht from the real objectives, the Red Army launched a series of diversive attacks in Czechoslovakia and Poland, but finally the OKH was right to predict that the real targets were the cities of Prague, Regensburg and Lublin. Instead of just sending more troops to each of these provinces to ensure its defense, the High Command relied on the advice of Rommel, who proposed instead an scheme of "active defense" with various counterattacks, thus surprising the Soviets at their own game. After some quick preparations, the Heer launched different assaults on Chelm, in Poland, and Waldenburg, in Bohemia.

DhRRVfk.png
Ej6fZwv.png

Soviet attack on Lublin and the German counter-offensive in Chelm

Regretfully, the air battle over Germany seemed definitely lost. On the Atlantic coast, the once invincible Focke Wulf aircrafts remained almost unvincible in battle, but just could not make the required number of daily departures to stop all the allied bombers and fighters that were currently attacking the German troops stationed in France. On the eastern front, German interceptors could barely stop the dive bombers in combat zones, and in the other provinces the Russians bombed both troops and civilians, and even managed to bomb some parts of Berlin for several days. Fortunately, the Flaktowers installed years ago annihilated almost all enemy planes, and the enemies of the Reich would think twice before bombing the capital again.

dual128-2.jpg

One of the Flakturme regiments in the victorious Air defense of Berlin

The German air force would receive a fatal blow when the Allies, in an unprecedented move and almost suicidal move, captured the German city of Konigsberg in an amphibious landing and dismantled the city's airport and numerous aircraft stationed there. Overcoming this terrible new , Admiral Dönitz manged to sink more than ten enemy transports in their way to the Prussian city, and one armored unit led by Dennerheim recpatured Konigsberg and the entire motorized division commanded by Montgomery. The allied Prussian adventure had cost the lives of more than 100,000 British and American soldiers.

4quqXNp.png

Even though the allies captured several German aircrafts, Dönitz and Dennerheim captured or killed more than 10 British divisions

The good news would come with the success of Rommel's plan and the defeat of the Soviets in Chelm. This action ensured also the victory in the defense of Lublin, and OKH was able to redistribute the troops in the Polish city all along the front. Similarly, the counteroffensive in Czechoslovakia would quickly capture the cities of Waldenburg or Gleiwitz, trapping more than twenty Soviet divisions in Czestochowa. The STAVKA realized the grave risk in which such units were now, and decided to answer with a series of massive attacks on virtually all border provinces. While this action earned them the opportunity to go further and to capture Regensburg and other provinces in Poland, Soviet efforts were unable to relieve pressure on the surrounded divisions, who finally surrendered in front of the attack carried out by Guderian.

imvQelM.png

Sj3VwsS.png

Soviet troops encircled in Breslau and Czestochowa

But another unpleasant surprise was yet to occur. Exhausted by years of a futile war against Ethiopia and an economy devastated by the complete militarization of all the production sectors of the economy, the Italian society said enough to the tyranny of Mussolin , and Italian partisans helped Soviet troops into the Italian peninsula. The news of the arrival of the Russians served as a warning to all the Italian Communists, who quickly took control in most Italian cities and accepted to be put under the military control of the NKVD. With his regime collapsed, Benito Mussolini asked for asylum to the German authorities, but such request was finally denied to prevent that anyone could accuse the Reich of collaboration with his evil and bloodthirsty fascist regime. Finally, the Duce would be recognized by partisans near Milan trying to flee to France, and was lynched by an angry mob and hanged from a gas station as a mockery to his body and criminal life.

Mussolini61.jpg

"Se la Patria è perduta è inutile vivere"

These were terrible news for Germany, which was now threatened by the possibility that the Petain government collapsed just as Fascist Italy, thus opening a new front on the Mediterranean coast . After tense discussions, the Government finally decided to run "Operation Attila", taking effective control of Vichy France in just a few hours. While some of the French military leaders showed discontempt with this measure, most French population accepted it with resignation, knowing that otherwise they would be quickly absorbed by the Soviet steamroller . Meanwhile, the Allied powers were able to gain control of the French colonies in Africa, and realized too late what a German defeat would mean for Europe: the full spread of communism in the old continent.

3bUzldG.png

The red menace threatens all of Europe and now also Africa, a thing that the Allies refused to understand for years