• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good progress so far. But Vichy stil exist? Wasn't it Hitler's plan to take them out in this time line?

Good progress so far. But Vichy stil exist? Wasn't it Hitler's plan to take them out in this time line?

"Terrible Delay" update cancelled it - if you've noticed, we haven't even DoW'd Bulgaria or Yugoslavia. I'll return to the "to-annex list" after SU has been conquered. BTW, their surrender percent is 78.

Ah, missed that part of the update.:) What will you do with the Soviet threat after the BP? Sorry if you've already revealed that too, I'm not 100% well today, so I might be missing more than I think.:p

Ah, missed that part of the update.:) What will you do with the Soviet threat after the BP? Sorry if you've already revealed that too, I'm not 100% well today, so I might be missing more than I think.:p

If BP means Bitter Peace, i'll probably just leave the SU hanging in Siberia and go towards Persia and Africa.

XI: Breakthrough in two fronts(September - December 1940)

30august.jpg

This is the situation in Spain in August 30, 1940.
Hitler's plans include the capturing of all port provinces to cut off their navy so that they can't interrupt our convoys in the Mediterranean.
By the time we capture Madrid, they will surrender.

Mid-September we make a technological breakthrough:

nuc.jpg

Every step is closer to nukes...

10th October in the Eastern Front, we are progressing towards Viipuri. It is worth 10 VP, making it the most valuable VP area remaining in the SU (if you don't count Vladivostok).

By the end of October, We have ensured a "beachhead" (or should i say landhead) in Spain.

progreeswift.jpg

November goes on without any strangeness. We win battles, capture regions. Viipuri is finally taken in 21st November.

21novviipuri.jpg

War has to end soon. Our troops are already suffering from the frozen ground, and if we're here still in 1941, we're doomed.

Luckily our spies had done their mission, and their national unity was really small.

Meanwhile in the west:

ensure.jpg

Victory is certain. By defeating Spain, we have access to Gibraltar. The Allies have cut off us from the Mediterranean using Gibraltar and Suez. Now it's our turn.

Soviet Union loses another VP area in 5th December...

XII: The Peace Treaty of Novosibirsk (6th December 1940)

NOTE: Content of this update is mostly fictional. Only the event and surrender happened in the game. Negotiations, speeches etc. are fictional.

bitter.jpg

6th December 1917 Finland declared independence from Russia. 31 years later it was attacked by Russia. Now it's time for payback.

After hearing of the capture of Yaroslavl, Hitler got a message from Stalin. Stalin asked Hitler and his officers to meet him in Novosibirsk to negotiate for peace. Hitler felt victory.

Hitler honoured the will of the Russian people, therefore sparing them from complete annexation. But he needed lebensraum.

Hitler and his officers had planned the peace treaty since we started to plan the invasion, in summer 1940. It just needed a bit adjusting.

In the evening they called the russian leaders to hear the demands.

Novosibirsk Peace Treaty
1. Josif V. Stalin is removed from the office.
2. Vyacheslav Molotov is removed from the office.
3. Lavrenti P. Beria is the new head of government.
4. Soviet Union will cede Western Russia, Central Western Russia, Baltic States, Bessarabia and Karelia.
5. Soviet Union's number of brigades shall not exceed 300.
6. Soviet Union pays us 75% of their money.
7. Soviet Union is pushed to Siberia.
8. Soviet Union will not start any wars.
---------------------------------------------
Josif Stalin

Hitler had won.

sovv.jpg

If you want the same fix that i have (soviets don't get Karelia of Bessarabia unlike normally), click on the link in my sig.

Nice peace treaty.
What about Caucasus, Ukraine, Ruthenien, East-Poland?
And Stalin demanded German diplomats to visit a soviet town within soviet controlled area? :eek:

But otherwise quite nice update. :D
Except that I find the HoI3 Bitter Peace borders ugly and insane. :rolleyes:

XIII: The European Offensive (December 1940 - April 1941)

Thanks for General War for telling me how he did the strategical maps, trying out in this update.

23th December Tibet joins the axis. We will crush our enemies!
On the next day, Hitler declares war on Turkey. We need access to Africa (Japan has already conquered India), and Turkey is the only nation blocking us.

turkeyphoto.jpg

I learned to make smooth curves! Hallelujah!

December 31st 1940. The situation in Spain is starting to look clear. We've been fighting since September, but only now we're making a real breakthrough. Portugal has been great help in our plan, they've landed on the southeastern corner of Spain.

iberia-1.jpg

Barcelona is captured 18th of January with an encirclement. Only one week later Nat. Spain was annexed. Their story is over. Troops now head towards Switzerland as the only neutral country in Europe (if you don't count Scandinavian nations) must be eliminated.

5th February, with the aid of air operations and fortress busters, Gibraltar falls.
Two days later Yugoslavia is annexed and Croatia created.
20th days will be remembered as the day when the most neutral country in Europe is assaulted. Soon Switzerland is history. And history is written by the victors.

26th February 1941 Bulgaria refuses to surrender and their government escapes. Turkey is next on the line. All troops are now concentrated on Turkey; Switzerland is a secondary objective. Italy captures almost half of Switzerland, but on 14th March they escape.

With all troops heading towards Ankara, Turkey realizes their days are over. 20th day of April they're annexed.

10 transport fleets are on their way, is it hard to guess what island is our next target?

Here's a picture showing what our brigades contain:

armyorg-1.jpg

3 infantry and 1 artillery per brigade. Works perfectly.

And here are the major powers in the world as of April 20th 1941 (NOTE: Comitern is NOT one of them, they're just "backwater fiction" :rofl:)

Status.jpg

Soon starts our Africa offensive, but before it, we'll invade England. Transports are ready on 28th May.

More comments before the new update.

By the way, i've noticed it is much easier to manually control the troops; the invasion of England has gone nice so far when HQ AI is not controlling the troops and deploying them to Siberia.

My experince is that the only thing the hq ai can't handle, is invasion. It won't do it, whatever I tell it.