Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Normally I don't venture outside of the Victoria AARs, but seeing as it wasn't allowed to nominate another AAR from the same game, I had to find another game. So I did some exploring

There were some good ones, but most were extremely long (sorry I can't bring myself to read 40-60 pages), I read through various AARs, and found A History of Baden by Fulcrumvale. His writting skills are very good, which makes it pleasant to read, also he makes very good use of pictures in his aar, not too much, not too few.

Congratulation Fulcrumvale!

Fulcrumvale's one of our newer writers, but you'd have trouble telling from his writing. He's doing a great job rebuilding what Baden would have (might have) been like in the late Middle Ages, complete with maneuvering nobles and anti-Hussite inquisition.

Great job Fulcrum!

I've been enjoying this AAR myself. A well deserved showcase! Congrats.

Congratulations Fulcrumvale :)

A very good AAR. Congrats Fulcrumvale!

Wow! Thank you Wannabe Tartar! This is quite an honor, and one which I didn’t really expect, especially on my first AAR. In fact, I never really thought that my AAR would amount to much of anything (it was originally a “bury your sorrow” project for me after I learned that my dog was dying). I always role-play to some extent, and always think about the “story justification” of even the most absurd act that I make in a game, so I finally decided to write an AAR; and look where it is now! And I’m 14 to boot!

Anyway, about the AAR itself: It’s a history book format, but it goes rather deeply into the story (in six pages I’ve only gotten to 1420). Nonetheless, its written in easily digestible, bite sized portions (though it seems quite long initially due to my use of Times New Roman), with plenty of pictures. Because it was only started about a month ago, new readers should still be able to catch up without much difficulty.

Anyway, enough with me babbling. I’d like to once again express my deep thanks at being nominated by Wannabe Tartar. And I suppose that I’ll be back in a week.

Well, I enjoyed my week in the sun, but I suppose that it’s time to pass the torch. I mostly read in the EUII forums, but I’m quite prolific elsewhere also, so it wasn’t that hard a decision to make. For its brilliant writing, excellent characterization, and just general entertainment value, I herby nominate Resurrection of the Romanovs - An Imperial Russia Doomsday AAR, by Thistletooth. Despite being more or less on hold recently due to modding issues, it is still a brilliant read which deserves to have the honor of this award far more than my own AAR did.

Much like CK, I am not able to get to HoI AArs like I would like. However, I did take a brief look at the style and I am intrigued. I hope to have some time in the coming week or so that would allow me to catch up. Congrats on the showcase.

Congratulations Thistletooth, maybe this will motivate you to update soon :p.

Many congratulations Thistletooth!