• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations Revan68! And I agree that the CK forum doesn't get enough love. ;)

Usually when I wander over to see and congratulate the Showcase, I'm coming from here: A nominates B, I hit the link for B, and so forth.

I like Revan's Durham AAR, and I've checked it out before. Tonight I was thinking, 'I haven't seen this in awhile' and clicked on it. Imagine my surprise when I saw Jon's post!

Well done, Revan! I'm glad to see Durham get some of the attention it richly deserves!

CatKnight said:
Well done, Revan! I'm glad to see Durham get some of the attention it richly deserves!
I couldn't agree more. :D

Congrats on an excellent AAR.

Congratulations, Revan!

To stand out in the CK forum is actually quite a feat. There are a lot of very classy and quality AARs over there!

Rensslaer

Thank you very much, everyone! I didn't realise my readership was this broad... I'm glad all of you enjoy my work. And thank you, Jon Young, for nominating my AAR for the Weekly Showcase. Also, sorry I didn't see this earlier - Shou Shi Da has me working day and night, so I only get to play on the weekends... :)

I usually only hang out around the CK AAR section, but even there, there are some authors who still make me feel like a clumsy newb. (Also, I'd better start doing my research in the other AAR forums - it will probably come off as laziness and also seems to be going against the guidelines if I just nominated one of my fellow CrusadAARs...)

But thank you all very much, and please keep reading! I don't update as often as I should, I know, but the Legacy of Durham's not on the cart yet (and won't be before Henry II's on the throne, not if I have anything to say about it).

Hello, all. I've picked this week's winner after some extensive exploring of the Vicky AAR forum over the past week. I'd like to nominate for this week's AAR Showcase Here to Stay - An Ottoman AAR by Wannabe Tatar.

This one's a relatively new AAR, but it's progressed quite fast. The style is something quite different from my own - more history-bookish, which is by no means a bad thing, especially with W. T.'s flair for dramatic timing. The Turks got off to a rather rocky start in the early game (and didn't end up too well - the AAR recently ended), but that makes the story all the more interesting, and Wannabe Tatar's narrative style drives it right along.

This AAR I found to be really enjoyable reading. Congrats, Wannabe Tatar, and keep up the good work!

Well done, congratulations Wannabe Tatar :)

And just in time too. ;) Congrats, WT! It's a fun read.

Let me add my congrats to a well deserved AAR

Many congratulations. "Here to Stay" is a most excellent AAR, and I have thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

Congrats, Wannabe Tatar!

Gents, my reading has been...unfortunately spotty...last few months, but the last few weeks whenever I realized this was updating I tried to stop by. Tatar wove a very convincing alternate history of an Ottoman comeback.

He lost. Or at least, didn't entirely win. Wannabe's from a similar line to Mettermrck and others who, realizing the game's no longer behaving quite realistically, isn't afraid to craft events or edit to MAKE it. Without spoiling anything, I'll say he makes sure the other great powers of Europe act more or less realistically in peace deals, including making less than reasonable demands on HIM. I can respect that - it takes a good understanding of the game, the time period, and international politics to pull off.

This AAR has just recently finished, so you can now read the entire story of the Ottoman Empire. It's not THAT huge, but large enough to be a gratifying read.

Well done, Tatar!

Congratulations Wannabe Tatar. I haven't finished your AAR yet but it's been a great read so far. :)

Thank you all! And thank you for nominating me, Revan86. It's a real honor. I want to thank my readers for being supportive, as they're the ones responsible for me to continue through some (really) dark times.

I hope that the people who didn't read it yet, will start to read it now. It was certainly an enjoyment to play the Ottoman Empire, and write about it's fortunes and misfortunes.

Thank you all!

Congrats Wannabe Tatar! :)