• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I have read some of this week's awardee, and can therefore say that it is indeed deserving of being showcased.

Congratulations Zorro!

Thanks for the congratulations everyone, and a special thanks to Jape for selecting A Veterans Return to the Fatherland for the weekly showcase! I never expected many people to read the AAR, or for that matter, even find it on the forum. So I’m honored to receive this award.

I decided to pass the weekly showcase on to Seelmeister for his In the Shadow of Greatness - Etienne's War AAR. I enjoy his writing style and the unique idea to follow a single general around as he fights across Europe. It is well written and I’d recommend you take a look, if you haven’t already.

Congratulations Seelmeister!

A fantastic AAR! Good choice, Zorro, and congratulations Seel!

A highlight of March of the Eagles AARs; very well deserved!

Congrats, Seel!

Congratulations, Seelmeister! Keep up the great work.

Congratulations! A great AAR and one that takes core aspects of March of the Eagles (the short campaign and the focus on leaders) and uses it to structure the way the AAR is written. It's a really nice perspective to follow the continent-wide wars through the eyes of a single leader.

Thank you very much for the nomination Zorro! It has been immensely satisfying to see so many comments, both from old and new readers, especially given the relatively low number of visitors to March of the Eagles AARs. A thank you to everyone who for their kind words, both in this thread and in the AAR.

I've got a few AARs in mind for next week's nomination, and will enjoy squeezing in as much reading as possible over the weekend before making my nomination on Sunday.

Well, now that it is Sunday, it is time to nominate next weeks showcase. As always, it has been a very difficult choice, there are a great many very deserving AARs across a large number of games.

However, one recent piece which has caught my attention stands out as an excellent showcase. The author will be familiar to many of you for his lauded Victoria II AAR, and his new EUIV effort looks to be maintaining the high standard of writing we have become accustomed to. As well as being well written, the AAR focuses on England during the Civil War - it is always nice to see an alternative starting date being chosen! Please congratulate MondoPotato for his fantastic Pax Quaeritur Bello: Cromwell's Republic!

Congratulations, MondoPotato! A great AAR!

A great choice, Seel! Many congratulations, Mondo – a really great AAR!