Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thank you so much. I am a very happy AAR writer right now. :) All I wanted when I started writing RUS AARs was to draw attention to a little known game that has given me a lot of fun hours; hopefully my two AARs can convey some of that excitement. Seeing one of them showcased here, is an honour I never expected.

Thank you all for the kind words and most importantly thank you, Valentian for the nomination. :)

Now I will have to think about all the excellent AARs I have read on this forum and pick one to pass on the honour. A tough choice.

Now that a week has past, I have the pleasure of passing on this award:

Some writers have an astonishing artistic talent as well - Lelouch is one of them. His The Third Counterweight - Norway Kaiserreich AAR, combines exiting gameplay with superb graphics. Moreover it is not the unusal "minor power conquers the world" AAR. Limited by Norway's very finite manpower Lelouch forges a global alliance of dwarfs that may very well rise to become a giant. Imagine the unaligned block of the Cold War gone warmonger. Usually I am no fan of alternative history mods, but Kaiserreich seems incredibly well made. Lelouch truely lets it shine.

Last edited:
I've gotta say, that I'm utterly astonished and honored at the same time by this award.
It's nice to see people taking a liking in my humble photoshop edits. I got into HoI and that very AAR-style back then, when I read robw963's Wielkopolska AAR.
While I'm not updating on regular intervals, the journey I've taken with Norway will definitly be continued until Haakon becomes the Kaiser of the Kaiserreich-world :D

So thank you very much everyone - support like this keeps writers going!

I'll now have to make up my mind about the next person to receive this wonderful award.

Congratulations, Lelouch! I hadn't read any Darkest Hour AARs before, but from now on I'll be following yours!

Congratulation, Lelouch ! Just read your AAR (would not have without the showcase) and it is definitely worth it. I did not know the "central power won" alternative history, but really now I want to play that game ;)

Congrats Lelouch! And Bornego as well, as I seem to have missed your time with the award.

Congratz Lelouch!

Congratulations Lelouch!

Congratulations Lelouch!

Congratulations Lelouch! :D

I'd like to express my deepest gratitude for all the congratulations and support once more.
Now that it's been one week, I've chosen a successor! One, that I was surprised not to see in the list of past winners.

A classic gameplay AAR is something I always look forward to. Even more so, if the writer decides to bring his own storyline, custom events and explanations to what happened instead of just going "lol-hawaii-conquers-the-globe". One of these fine (and long-running) AARs is Rebirth of the Japanese Empire: A Japan MDS 1.6 AAR by Kaiser_Mobius. With slight alterations of the initial timeline for Japan in the great MDS Mod for HoI2, he does not only literally give birth to a new Japanese Empire, but also delivers interesting wars, where neither side achieves total victory or total defeat. All of this nicely told with ingame screenshots and (edited) photos makes a great read for everyone, who is tired of players just going with the flow of predetermined scenarios. This is Japan at it's best!

Congratulations!

Congrats!

Alrighty.

First, my thanks for the honour of being awarded the Weekly AAR Showcase. I was quite surprised to see that I had won it. ;)

Anyways, it is now Sunday, and I believe it is time for me to choose the next winner.

I have chosen to be the next winner of the Weekly AAR Showcase Sweet Home Manitoba-KR Canada in Modern Day, by Asalto. Another in his series of KR-MDS hybrid AAR's, I greatly enjoy reading this one. Not only because he is playing as my homeland Canada, but also, because of his gameplay/narrative writing style and the fact that his MDS scenario's are very exciting to read about. Unlike many other AAR's where the winner of a war can essentially be predicted before the war even begins, in Asalto's scenarios, he faces opponents that are extremely powerful with the prospect of actually being able to lose wars. That makes for VERY exciting scenarios and great reading.

So, join me in congratulating Asalto and his great AAR, Sweet Home Manitoba, as this weeks AAR Showcase winner!