Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Nice choice. Congratulations RGB:)

Many congratulations and well deserved , old man !

Well, I certainly didn't expect another one :D

Thank you enormously coz1, and it means a lot to get a nod from you.

Likewise, big thanks to Kapt Torbjorn, he of the wonderful visceral fighting scenes; dinofs, of the improbably long and grand title; soulking, for being as impressed with the longevity of this project as I am; Emperor Ike, he of tireless updating in so many AARs it puts most to shame; loki100, who used a great adjective and is thus beloved by the gods of language; King_Richard_XI, who plans to take over the world (narf!); Iain Wilson, the sympathetic Suenikian Shah; Vesimir, discoverer of tree-and-castle-shaped brushes in mapmaking; Qorten, who really should get writing a second chapter in A Road to Tyranny; Lord E, who started writing before me and must thus be a Great Old One; canonized, who has started another fantastic EU3 narrative just lately; General_BT, whose grand historical opera writing skills is the envy of most; Shackel, whose crafty Hapsburg girls kidnap timetravelling teens for reasons unknown; asd21593, as stalwart a reader as any writAAR could wish for; Hardraade, who returned Germany to glory but somehow didn't conquer England; and finally, aldriq, to whom I pass this award to do with as he pleases for the next week.

The AAR that I'm showcasing is Mamma Mia!, which, although there is some Italian content, is probably more globetrotting than most musicals. And it's not even a musical; that's just how good it is.

It is a rare example of a very effective AAR comedy that relies on interaction between the reader and the characters, and a buildup of comedic situations due to variation in repeated skits. If this was a TV show, more kids would study history. Prophetic cuttlefish and green vodoo-fire certainly help.

So, congratulations, aldriq, and may your pen never run dry.

Congratulations Aldriq!

Thank you very much RGB! It's always very nice to receive an AARward, but it's a double honour to receive it from a seasoned writAAR like you.

I shall keep the award safely guarded, away from any tentacles until I find a worthy human -or cephalopod- to pass it to :)

Here we go again, my my.