• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I'm going to nominate WC attempt as a Native American by ikkiks.

I know I should have tried for another game - but honestly, I haven't read anything in the other forums for a bit. :(

Promise I'll use the above recommendations to get started on them though!

Is it okay if I nominate another EU4 AAR? I know I should nominate an AAR from another game, but I see that there were multiple suggestions of the same game in a row and this one deserves all the attention it can get.

It's really close to achieve a really hard goal of doing a One-Tag World Conquest as Ryukyu without any exploits, it's an AAR by @atwix

RYUKYU three mountains one tag attempt: start 1.9, no exploits,using PU mechanics

Thanks for the nomination! I need a minute now to learn what this means. I learned of the existance of this thread a short while ago, when Ikkiks got nominated.

I can't write a lot currently, at work. I'll post tomorrow.

Last edited:
Congratulations, atwix!

Make sure if you're reading this thread that you vote in the ACAs! You can find a link in my signature.

Some explanation on my AAR:

The three mountains achievement in EU4 has Always been rated "insane" and "impossible" to do by the brunt of the playerbase.

Most people that post on how they got this achievement bluntly admit they used exploits to get unfair advantages in their Ryukyu run. I wanted to do it clean from the start.

I had been planning for a long while to do a RYUKYU run in Europa Universalis 4.

I Always delayed it, because I thought I wasn't a good enough player to pull it off.

During the year I have been playing EU4, I Always wondered how exactly the personal Union mechanic in this game worked.

In the launching months of this game, I read multiple conflicting explanations of parts of this mechanic.

This led me to delve into it. Not casual delving, but spitting deep and trying to Uncover it completely.

I started a thread on the PU mechanic, that was meant as a guide on the personal mechanic, and how this mechanic can lead to obtaining/owning large masses of land. I can say without blushing that I pretty much uncovered the entire PU mehcnaic in the guide, with the help of many members of the playerbase.

This PU mechanic helped me do 2 one tags. The idea was to use it in this RYUKYU AAR aswell.

I started the RYUKYU AAR with the plan to flip to catholic, and to use the PU mechanic, as a way to prove that thinking out of the box can deliver some wonky/weird campaigns.

Most Ryukyu players usually go HINDU/SUNNI and use big subjects to get the achievement.

My goal was to flip catholic, and to go for another one tag, this time with RYUKYU.

The goal seemed insane. I wrote this AAR real time, once a week progress updates.

After a month, I exceeded even my wildest imaginations on progress. Some pretty weird stuff happened along the way.

Writing this AAR has been very fun, I hope you will enjoy it. I will likely write the last chapter on it very soon.

I want to thanks IKKIKS again for nominating it.

Read it here:

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...rt-1-9-no-exploits-using-pu-mechanics.833582/

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding my nomination:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I Always liked Hearts of Iron, and I'm a sucker for world war II..

I nominate a history of world war II by those who fought it (HOI3)by Avindian.

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-ii-by-those-who-fought-it-tfh-uk-aar.837632/

Its funny, but I read it completely before realising the author is a demi moderator that just said "congrats, atwix" in this thread.

I swear I didn't notice until now :)

I know I nominate this way too early, but I'm in the middle of finishing my nominated AAR campaign, and I might forget to post my nomination if I don't do it now.

Last edited:
Aw, shucks. :) I appreciate the kind words (and the award!) I'll officially "accept" the award next Sunday so we don't interrupt our flow.

I would like to thank atwix again for his selection! Although I find myself with less and less time to read actual AARs, there are a few I follow consistently even to this day. volksmarschall's Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire is one of the best history book AARs I've read in a long time. All of DensleyBlair's AARs, rich with detail and a competency for graphics that far exceeds my own, are worth looking into it, but especially his Biography of Great Men. Eurasia's The Soul of Spain is another fun AAR, which runs everything except the military on AI, which is a fascinating look into how the AI works (or perhaps doesn't) when left to its own devices. Uriah's dedication to AARs like Doppelgänger shows that even those of us who write multiple AARs at one time still have a lot to learn from those who write one extremely detailed AAR. There are too many others to count, even in my limited time available.

However, the AAR I'd like to honor belongs to somebody who has, somehow, escaped this particular award. I am rectifying that now. Michaelangelo's Around the World is a random AAR, which is frankly enough for me to catch my interest, but he's so incredibly detailed that it's that much better. It puts me very much in mind of CatKnight's Random World Order, but it's a more serious AAR (not that CatKnight's occasionally manic posts weren't very entertaining as well!). Congratulations to Michaelangelo, and be sure to check out his new AAR (which I have yet to read), Neapolitan Nightmare!