Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I started this project when I was literally a child, definitely didn't know how to write, and it was in HoI2, not even DH.

I always regretted leaving it undone though. I did wonder who, if anyone, would read a 12 year old story in the Darkest Hour forums using an ancient build of KR if i revived it, so it's amazing to be called out here.

If anyone is happy to tolerate the quality of the older chapters, i would welcome your comments and hope you enjoy the story as I work through it!

• 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations on some excellent Necromancy.

• 3Like
Reactions:
While I am a strong believer in the fact that these awards should always break new ground and point out new works and writers, perhaps the length of time I've been working on One and Indivisible for gives me an affinity for long duration AARs.

Blut und Schlacht (Blood and Battle): A Learner’s Saga, has actually been featured on this thread before....in 2017, and is still going strong. I have a soft spot for CK2, have gotten a good few laughs stalking the story, and think it generates a great amount of engagement from its readers, so it's worth calling out. @Bullfilter is a veteran of AARland as I understand it, so that would be my nomination.

If a repeat (even after 4 years) is out of order, I'm happy to adjust my nomination.

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Well, belated congrats on your showcase win @Aussie Perun , I’ll have to give your story a look! Thanks for this nomination, I suspect four years is enough for the award’s statute of limitations, so I gratefully accept! It is nice to get some attention for it again and I really do appreciate it.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats @Bullfilter ! I really need to check out the AAR, but if it's like any of your other works, it is certainly well deserved.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Many congrats @Bullfilter! One of the best in the game :D

Belated congratulations also to @Aussie Perun. Nice to see an old project back alive and kicking!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Love
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations @Bullfilter , I'll confess that one does keep slipping down my list so I fear I may never sample it's delights. But if it is as good as your others then I am sure this award is well deserved. :)

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
congratulations my dear friend @Bullfilter and do not think for a moment CK2 is going out of fashion. Blut und Schacht is excellent and we enjoy it a lot!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Oh well done @Bullfilter - I'm not hugely acquainted with CKII but will give this a look.

Last edited:
  • 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Oh well done @Bullfilter - I'm not a hugely acquainted with CKII but will give this a look.
Quick reply: thanks so much! Hopefully you will find it easy enough to follow as it was (and still is, four years later) the only game of CK2 I’ve ever played, written as a learning experience where I tend to spell out all the game mechanics I encounter in the AAR, then get the experts to explain how they work, hopefully making it easy to follow the gameplay for those (like me) quite unfamiliar with the game itself.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congrats @Bullfilter! has it really been four years? How quickly they pass.

Reactions:
Thanks to @Aussie Perun for the nomination and to all those who have offered their best wishes since, it is very much appreciated. Yes, four years since the AAR started and 100 years of game time covered! Only another 470-odd to go :eek: I might have to start speeding up the time covered, but there's always so much new (for me) and interesting (i hope for others) stuff to cover! ;)o_O

Anyway, time to pass on the baton. In searching for something relatively new and that hasn't been awarded the showcase yet, I'm going to nominate a work that began only in late May this year. It is only up to its third page, so can be easily caught up on.

Now, the last update was made back on 5 June and I note the authAAR is 'last seen' on the forum on 9 June, but I'm hoping this nomination will catch their attention and encourage them to continue their work - which is very amusing and easy to read! I refer to @Alfred Packer and his work Don't Make Anas Out Of Me: The Legend Of Italian Rus.

Congratulations, please feel encouraged to post another chapter soon! :)

• 3Like
Reactions: