Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
As per my modus operandi, I am here to distribute this week's honors a day early. I love a lot of the CK2 AARs out there. Honorable mention to SgtSmuckers and his AGOT story on the imbecile warrior of Lannisport. KHUU! KHUU! KHUU!
However this showcase would best be served by pointing out an AAR and user who has already one an award for his CK2 mod. @Silfae has done a tremendous job in weaving his narrative story of a rulers dirty nature into a display of how his in-development mod works.
Sweet Arabyan Nightmare - Geheimnisnacht-dev-AAR deserves about an hour of your time to binge read and then your sub. The AAR is set in the Warhammer universe of which I have no knowledge of and of which silfae lets you know you don't need to know anything about it either. I believe the Geheimnisnacht mod has already won an award.
Congratulations to silfae!
Thank you, everyone, and thank you Italianajt for the nomination and your praises, I'm really flattered by your words.
I would like to point out, though, the mod itself is a group-effort, I'm just a member of the team.
Yes, the AAR is set in an non-lore heavy area of the Warhammer setting, therefore knowing more or less about that universe doesn't change much. For the most part it reads like a particularly dark Arabian Nights story.

Alright, for the showcase of this week, I would like to nominate Dreams of Being the Sword of Morning (aGoT House Dayne AAR), by @JNOGaming.
The story takes place in the A Song of Ice and Fire universe and follows the story of the young Lord Edric Dayne of Dorne and Arya Stark of the North.
The chapters alternate between the action in the realm with some in-depth character-focused chapters dwelving into the thoughts and ambitions of the two main leads, offering some interesting insight on their struggle to conciliate their lust for power and revenge.
A good reading. Congratulation JNOGaming.

A Song of Ice and Fire sure seems to be popular amongst AAR writers for CK2.
Indeed, there are almost as many as there are for vanilla (if not more).