• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Congratulations, @Qwaszx54321 on the award. I read part of the first post and found the idea fascinating. I could even see Cuba acting as an American proxy in the Spanish speaking countries. BTW, this is a new work that was started in December. Hopefully, he will bask in the glory for a week and pass the torch.

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I'd like to nominate @Qwaszx54321 's The Greater Central America Co-Prosperity Sphere: An Expansionist Cuba AAR in the HOI4 forums. He's done a really great job detailing the build-up/plans for war, and Cuba is just beginning to run rampant across the Caribbean! I've found this against-the-odds tale really fun to read and hope you'll check it out.

Congratulations, @Qwaszx54321 on the award. I read part of the first post and found the idea fascinating. I could even see Cuba acting as an American proxy in the Spanish speaking countries. BTW, this is a new work that was started in December. Hopefully, he will bask in the glory for a week and pass the torch.

Congratulations, @Qwaszx54321

Congratulations, @Qwaszx54321!

Thank you everyone for your kind messages and thank you to @RustyHunter in particular for nominating my humble AAR and the great nation of Cuba! While I enjoyed many of the AARs posted recently I felt that many of them were often 1) focused on major nations 2) narrative heavy so I wanted to try to showcase what could be done with the base game even with a normally insignificant minor power!

From looking at the original post for this thread it appears that the new nominee for each week has consistently been chosen on a Sunday, so I'll do my best to scour AARland and get the next nominee in for Sunday the 23rd of January. I'm not super familiar with other, non-HOI Paradox titles but the basic mechanics are similar enough that I think I'll be able to keep up.

Thanks again to everybody and God Bless Greater Cuba!

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Finally, the weekly showcase is alive.

Empty spaces - what are we living for?
Abandoned places - I guess we know the score.
On and on!
Does anybody know what we are looking for?

Another hero - another AAR for the showcase.
Behind the curtain, @Qwaszx54321 writes.
Hold the line!
Does anybody hesitate to congratulate?
The Show must go on!
The Show must go on! Yeah!
Inside my heart is cheering,
My poetry may be boring,
But my smile, still, stays on!

Whatever happens, I′ll leave it all to chance.
Another congratulatory post by filcat - another failed appropriation.
On and on...
Does anybody know what we are living for?
I guess I'm learning
I must be warmer now.
I′ll soon be turning, round the corner now.
Outside the dawn is breaking,
But inside in the dark I'm aching to write more!

The Show must go on!
The Show must go on! Yeah, yeah!
Ooh! Inside my heart is cheering!
My poetry may be boring...
But my smile, still, stays on!
Yeah, yeah! Oh oh oh!

AAR of Qwaszx54321 is painted like the stars of skies,
Fairy tales of yesterday, will grow but never die,
The words can fly, my friends!

The Show must go on! Yeah!
The Show must go on!
I'll congratulate Qwaszx54321!
I′m never giving in!
On with the Show!

I′ll top the bill!
I'll overkill!
I have all the poems of the world to carry on!
On with the,
On with the Show! [*]​

[*] Appropriated butchered from The Show Must Go On from the album Innuendo by Queen (1991)

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
As it is Sunday, for the week of January 23rd I would like to nominate The Nation of the Tagalogs: A Tondo Megacampaign AAR by @Black Watch , an EU IV AAR with one of the constituent "nations" of the Philippine Islands. He's blazed through decades just the few days since the 14th of January and it's fascinating seeing some of the mechanics of EU IV with which I'm not familiar. In the first part he chose a specific deity for its buffs, which immediately led me to the EU wiki to see what kind of bonuses you could get from Jesus.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
As it is Sunday, for the week of January 23rd I would like to nominate The Nation of the Tagalogs: A Tondo Megacampaign AAR by @Black Watch , an EU IV AAR with one of the constituent "nations" of the Philippine Islands. He's blazed through decades just the few days since the 14th of January and it's fascinating seeing some of the mechanics of EU IV with which I'm not familiar. In the first part he chose a specific deity for its buffs, which immediately led me to the EU wiki to see what kind of bonuses you could get from Jesus.

Wow! Thank you so much! I wasn't expecting this.

It's Hinduism where you can choose a specific personal deity for each of your rulers to give buffs, in the case of Jesus the bonuses and mechanics you get depend on whether you're Catholic, Orthodox, Protestant, Reformed, Anglican, Coptic, or Hussite. ;)

Congratulations @Black Watch !

Thanks so much! :D

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like