Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Many thanks indeed, Belgiumruler, for giving my new AAR a shot and nominating it for Weekly Showcase! I'm truly glad that you enjoy it so far and hope you continue to do so! (I know I've been slower than usual about getting out updates for both of my CKII AARs, but I hope to get at least the next couple of chapters in the Botner saga up soon.)

And thank you also to DensleyBlair, Lord Durham, Avindian, Qorten and Fookison - hope y'inz (continue to) drop by and check it out!

Congrats Revan86!

Many thanks indeed, Malurous!

Alright, looks like it's time to be getting a move on!

I know I tend to be a bit parochial in my AAR-reading tendencies (CKII, CKII and more CKII, with perhaps a touch of EUIII for flavour), and haven't gotten the chance to read all the way through it yet - I'm about halfway - but from what I've read so far of Apokatastasis - Macedonian Glory in the Byzantine Empire by Lucius Sulla, it seems to be a very worthy piece for the Weekly AAR Showcase! Brilliant characterisation, immersive narrative and a dense style, it's got everything I love in a narrative AAR. Congrats, Lucius Sulla, and great work; step on up!

(Also, sorry to bring it up, but could the gentleman or lady who is currently running the Showcase thread please fix the link to my AAR in the lead post? It currently leads to an HoI3 AAR about Romania...)

Congrats!

Oooops, and now I notice this... thanks Revan86 for the nomination. It has been a long long time since my Carmina Tolosarum AAR (and the huge effort involved there, swearing never to repeat such an effort).

And, mmm... now I have to nominate someone myself for the next showcase? Er... As Revan said, I am terribly parochial myself, and tend to just browse CK2 and now some EU4 English AARs.

If anything, the AAR I have been enjoying most during the AAR I have been enjoying most as a read is 'We Can Not Sow' by Werewale. One of the funniest reads lately for sure, very nice and fluid style (something that I truly envy) and a good sense of humour (something that I would trade a good part of my soul for).

Not sure if I am nominating too early, but there you go in any case :D

You can certainly pass it on early, but please don't notify the winner until Sunday so you have the full week to enjoy it! :)

You can certainly pass it on early, but please don't notify the winner until Sunday so you have the full week to enjoy it! :)

Alright, I will do so :)

Congratulations, Werewhale! Even if I find it very difficult to believe that a whale could bite you, since many of them don't have teeth.

Congrats!