• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, we ended 2022 by celebrating the end of a long-running series, so why not start 2023 by giving Kudos to someone just starting out?

@Killcrazy13 started an AAR called Land of the Kuzars this week. They were curious about the Kerch holy site in CKIII and things seem to be snowballing from there. The story is ahistorical at this point but that's part of the fun, just seeing where a strong steppe kingdom will take things.

Here's to the new Weekly AAR Showcase winner: Land of the Kuzars by @Killcrazy13!

• 1Love
Reactions:
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
I'm amazed @Macavity116 survived typing that, yet pleased that he did. It's opened up a whole new world of options for him outside the incest pit.

But onto more important things, congratulations indeed @Killcrazy13

• 1Love
  • 1Haha
Reactions:
Reactions:
Thank you everyone for the support.

Time to pass on the torch. I've been looking around at the different game subforums for ideas but circled back to a CK3 AAR. I wanted to recognize another new AAR writer who uses a unique writing style to detail the rise of a Jewish kingdom in East Africa. Borrowing the tone and style of the ancient world, @TheNikus has had the legacy of his kingdom carved into the historical record in The Book of Zion. While the save glitched out before completion, I think it's still a great effort and something I personally enjoyed quite a bit.

Congrats to the new AAR showcase winner, @TheNikus and looking forward to your new piece!

Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
@TheNikus : Tradition is for the current weekly winners to pick their successor after about a week, so it's high time you do. Should you not have the time to search for a good successor you can state you want it opened for nomination.

Why don't we nominate The Zenak Unity - Our Awakening by @danivon?

This was @danivon's first attempt at writing an AAR and it has just recently come to what appears to be a successful conclusion. The framing device used by the story (a logfile left behind by robots trying to rediscover their origins) is one we haven't seen in the Stellaris AAR forums for a while and it was used very creatively in the recent resolution of the Zenak's quest for knowledge.

All in all, The Zenak Unity is worth a read and is worthy of the Weekly AAR Showcase!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: