Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Again, thank you for being featured for the week!

Haven't been doing a ton of reading in AARland recently... but one I have been reading, and quite enjoying, is The Eastern Vikings - Baltic Megacampaign by @RedTemplar, currently in its third part (i.e. Victoria II). Chronicling the rise of Estonian vikings into a global superpower, it features a region that gets too little attention as well as some truly excellent alt-history. I was shocked (shocked!) to discover the AAR had not been recognized here since 2017 and its CK2 era, and so I am hereby rectifying that! Congratulations, @RedTemplar!

Why thank you! Being recognized like this is a humbling honor -- the long journey of this AAR has made for a fun few years of writing, and I'm always happy to see that people have enjoyed coming on the journey with me! I'm trying to scrap together the final chapter of this, and hopefully before the end of the year we'll be embarking on part 4 in Hearts of Iron :)

• 2Like
Reactions:
Many congratulations

• 1Like
Reactions:
Well deserved!

• 1Like
Reactions:
It took me a pinch more than a week, but here we are! I don't read nearly enough as I should in AARLand, as I'm usually focused on my obsessive desire to juggle campaigns while playing entirely too much WoW ... and it's Shadowlands week :D But I would like to recognize and pass the showcase on to @J_Master for "The Steed and the Sea" : https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/threads/the-steed-and-the-sea-a-roderlo-megacampaign.1401197/

Take some time, sit back with a tasty beverage, and give it a read through!

Congratulations!

Well done

Very many congratulations

I'm a bit suprised, but pleasantly. Thank you @RedTemplar for nominating me! It's also nice to see the spotlight moving from one megacampaign to another, although I doubt I would be able to do the same. And I guess this forces me to update the AAR this weekend ;)

Also, if I haven't nominated a new AAR by next weekend, feel free to pm/ping me

• 1Like
Reactions:
Was afraid this was going to happen, but does it still count if I'm the one nominating after it is declared open? Because in that case I would like to nominate the absolutely brilliant "For all we have and are" by @BigBadBob, a Anglo Bias AAR if I've ever seen one, but I still enjoy every bit of it

• 1Like
Reactions:
An excellent choice indeed. Congratulations @BigBadBob a wonderful work and the Hun-ophile tears merely confirm it's lack of bias and unquestioned accuracy.

Reactions: