• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Alright having basked in my glory long enough I've picked my successor. This Hearts of Iron AAR by Klaipedietes about the struggles of the Soviet Union and the eventual march towards the West is well written, has a vast array of photos and his just awesome I think. It really weaves the strategic situation together so well.

I also think its terribly important that newer posters like Klaipedietes get recognition. I know that being a newer poster myself having my AAR showcased and the comments have spurred me to keep at my AAR and to look to the future and get involved in the forum a bit more.

So without further adieu: The Bloody Road to Berlin

Congrats Klaipedietis !

Congratulation Klaipedietes.

Congrats, Klaipedietes! You know I think your AAr's simply outstanding.

Congratulations Klaipedietis :)

Congratulations Klaipedietes! :)

Congratulations, Klaipedietis :)

Thank you all :]

A week has almost passed and the time has come for me to pick a successor.
I tried hard to pick a non-HOI AAR, but i just couldn't ;] Instead i picked an AAR that i really like and understand:

A Creek without a Paddle - Gotterdammerung, Germany 1944

This German AAR by Remble is fantastic. I am reading it from day one and, to be honest,
it inspired me to write my own AAR.

So congratulations Remble!

Congrats , Remble !

Congratulations Remble :)

I can't say I have read it and for that I do apologize, but a showcase is always worth a "Congrats." So...Congrats! :D

Congratulations, Remble :)

I caught up with this AAR a few days ago, and can only concur. Marvellous playing and writing.

Congratulations Remble.

Congrats Remble! :D

Thank you all very much, in particular Klaipedietis for nominating me for this fine accolade. It is an honour to recieve this nomination and it is always gratifying for any writAAR to receive a positive response to their work.

My first little AAR has grown a lot further than I would have thought and shows little sign of ending anytime soon. History book/Gameplay AAR's are not everyone's cup of tea, but this forum provides so many different varieties of AARs and writing styles it is easy to find something for everyone.

I guess I need to do some reading this coming week.