• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Good choice! I've been busy, so only read half of it so far, but it's been enjoyable what little I've read. Congrats, @coz1 !

Excellent choice. Congrats coz1!

congratulations!

Nice topic/goal for a ck2 AAR @coz1

As I said to vyshan in the thread itself, thank you sir for passing this to my admittedly rather new AAR! It made my day. As I also said, I did not expect any such recognition with the weekly awards as I have won them enough over the years and it is always time for new blood in the ranks. Yet, while my work has been nominated 3 times over the years for a showcase, they have only been for 2 AARs. Into the West got 2, one after a year of writing and one as it ended nearly two years later. And The Eagle in Winter got 1 just near the end of that work. That was 8 years ago. If I am doing something now that is near the quality of that work, then I know I am doing something right as I am quite proud of them and think them both to be the best of what I have offered to the forum since I joined.

The story is of Eadgar of Wessex, he of the long pedigree and not much else to show for it. I found him one day while playing around in England and every time I played the scenario, the stories just kept offering up possibilities. I have been hesitant to write for these past many years for a myriad of reasons, but finally I just said why not? And it feels just as good as it always has. I cannot promise it is of the caliber of my previous efforts, but that vyshan so kindly nominated it for this, it seems...not a failure. ;)

Thanks very much for the congrats and I am already looking at who will be my successor.

Reactions:
From the shore the weary traveler can see only a few bleak trees along the edge of a vast, mist-shrouded lake. It is quiet... ominously quiet... too quiet...

From far away echoes the basso roar of a monster so long forgotten as to be remembered only as a myth; dimly through the tendrils of fog the traveler sees the glisten of gigantic coils as a beast rises from the depths. After many years of absence - of silence - the Lord of the Lake has returned.

Hi coz1 - welcome back! Long time, no write, eh? A showcase is certainly a nice way to kick off what looks to be a great start for a fine story. It's good to see the rust come off and the old reflexes kick in - good to see you writing again.
I've been reading but not commenting, but I'll break that bad habit and leave you a note sometime soon.

*blink* My good friend has started a new AAR - why has no one told me about this! (oh right, the community has, via this thread).

I have some reading to do!

And congrats coz.

@Director - reading without commenting? - tut tut ;)

Congratulations! I'm afraid I've also been guilty of faithfully reading and yet not commenting.

Congrats coz! Nice to see you writing again. I must admit I had no idea up until now that you had a new AAR going! Off to check it out...

No offense to some other congratulatory notes, but...who stole the van from the old folks home? ;) Now, if only @Enewald and @Stuyvesant could see this...(maybe a bit of @GhostWriter, much health be wished to you, sir!)...did you not think to bring them along? :D

Seriously, continued thanks for all of your kind words and I apologize to any and all that it took a bit to see I was doing a new one. I've never been much on personal advertisement other than the avenues we have at hand. Thus my deep thanks again to @vyshan once again. I truly appreciate this nod more than you will ever know.

And if you are reading and not commenting...well, I made note of this in the work itself so as I said there, I will say here - stnylan will be the one to chastise you! ;) I always appreciate the view. But a comment is divine. :)

Reactions:
heh, I think only a small margin of readers ever post in an AAR.

Even if you divide view count by page count for any AAR thread, and assuming 50% checks same page for updates...

Then ehhhh..

I dunno.

I do love the folks that DO comment though.

If not for them, these old skool nillies style things would go to oblivion.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Congratulations. :)

I think it's a good habit to make some sort of comment if you're enjoying an AAR. I know I love feedback myself.

If you look at my signature, you will see my views on this matter - which is what coz1 is referencing.

Reactions:
If you look at my signature, you will see my views on this matter - which is what coz1 is referencing.
As coz also states comments are the lifeblood for us writers. I do wish more readers would come out of 'lurk' mode lol

Reactions:
I am more than thankful to @vyshan as I have said and will continue to do so. However, I would like to bring this particular weekly award back to the historical Sunday hand off, if I can. Before I do, I would like to give great thanks to everyone that has offered many nice words on this AAR's behalf. I truly appreciate it, even if you aren't commenting. ;)

Now with that out of the way, I wish to present an AAR that I have been waiting to give you for a number of days. I will not deny that it is an influence, nor would I wish to. It is so good! As I began to write mine and looked out to other works, this AAR claimed my eyes immediately. Indeed, the subject matter is close. But there are a couple of years between the two. And the the seeming research done is most impressive. And as much as the author seems to like my dialogue, I must return the complement!

Thus, I give you Asantahene's The Wolves of Westseaxna-a tale of Wessex.

I apologize for keeping the Showcase in CK2 for a bit longer but that is where I am plying my trade at present. And I believe these weeklies should be looking for gems amongst the rocks. This is one of those. (And perhaps the nod might prompt our good writAAR to produce a new update. ;) )

So yes, read the work and enjoy. Give all the congratulations you may desire in this thread. But more than anything, throw him a comment. That would be divine!

Congratulations, @Asantahene. This is more than deserved!

Last edited: