• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well, if no one else will step up I will go ahead and suggest this one:

@Nikolai and IberiAARn Tales in CK3. Short and sweet updates as Leon becomes Hispania. Plus it is relatively new so time to get on board early. @Nikolai shows us that it does not take months and/or years to tell a tale of 400 years. :p

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Well, if no one else will step up I will go ahead and suggest this one:

@Nikolai and IberiAARn Tales in CK3. Short and sweet updates as Leon becomes Hispania. Plus it is relatively new so time to get on board early. @Nikolai shows us that it does not take months and/or years to tell a tale of 400 years. :p
Thank you so much my friend! Indeed I play and write fast. I guess it's kinda my thing. :p Illness lately has slowed me down, though. I'm planning an update early next week.

Thanks guys! :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Warmest congratulations dear @Nikolai Hope things improve for you health wise and that AARLand can provide some distraction from the trials and tribulations of the (sur)real world we live in.

• 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Hi there everybody! It's Saturday, and while I have this to Sunday, I think it is best I hand it over now while I can. You see, as I have mentioned before my health is kinda bad lately, with nausea and daily puking - which I have had for 15+ years - have become much, much worse the last month, leaving me in a bad and tired state. Got called in for a hospital visit Tuesday coming week, which is great.

So of course I caught corona this week.

Sigh.

Fever of 39C, hard to breathe, pain the chest, bad coughing and so on. Fun times. Started Monday, but the first few days I thought it was just a serious cause of allergies, as it felt like that initially. Then the coughing started yesterday, the pain the chest and feeling like I lacked oxygen came last night, and today it worsened and my fever rose rapidly.

BUT!

I have an awAARd to hand over. I had a couple candidates up my sleeve, but today - TODAY - @Werther posted a new AAR - something like 9 chapters I think in quick succession - of his current awesome AAR that he won for last month. I really hope it's okay to nominate them again since this is a new AAR, and a prequel to the awesome Crowns of the Levant. Since this AAR really is something. Everything is written on images, the graphics are great, it just looks great. And the writing is good too, of course.

People, please give @Werther an applause and read The Kingdom of Jerusalem ASAP. :D

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Sorry to hear that Nikolai! :( I had a fairly bad case of the virus myself back in January -- stay healthy, and feel better soon!

Unfortunately, while I certainly agree that he's a worthy recipient, it looks like Werther already gotten this award last April -- well within the customary six-month cutoff. Got anyone else in mind?

• 3Like
Reactions:
Sorry to hear that Nikolai! :( I had a fairly bad case of the virus myself back in January -- stay healthy, and feel better soon!

Unfortunately, while I certainly agree that he's a worthy recipient, it looks like Werther already gotten this award last April -- well within the customary six-month cutoff. Got anyone else in mind?
He did, but it was for another AAR. The showcase is for AARs, right?

• 1Like
Reactions:
I mean, I got one now in May and one in January for another AAR…

• 1Like
Reactions:
Ugh! Feel better @Nikolai!

As to the nomination, I'd say it should hold since it is for a different AAR. I'd put it to @Qorten for ultimate decision of course. Either way, it is a terrific work to start and the showcase ultimately should be to promote a work to a wider audience.

• 2Like
Reactions:
As long as it is for a different AAR it's okay I'd say.
There aren't any written rules about how often you can win this particular awAARd in any given timeframe anyway in the first post, apart from the advice not to pick an AAR by someone who won one of the other awAARds recently, which is something we've never checked before. Perhaps it's time to think about whether there should be a clearer limit?

Definitely congrats @Werther and absolutely deserved! Start thinking about your successor now. :D

On the other, I have thoughts but this may not be the place to offer all of them. I would just say as I've always tried to with this or any other awAARd/rewAARd - nothing wrong with giving a nod to a writAAR or work that has won before or has seen other accolade, but my hope has always been to see these efforts encourage others to get to that place as much as it is to reward great work from one that may have been doing it for years. It's a fine line and I hope that any winner/nominator/voter/etc considers that when they place forward an AAR or person. My two ducats at least.

• 1Like
Reactions:
First of all, thank you Nikolai and get well!

Secondly, Wow! I didn't expect this Grand Slam at all. I promise you that this is the last award and after that you'll get rid of me.

I'm going to work on the nominations and try to choose different games, AARs and authAARs for both awards. Time to read!

Thanks again!

• 1Like
  • 1Love
Reactions: