Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Hmm... what to say? First off, thanks to Dr Gonzo for his extremely high praise, and to everyone for their congrats. I'm largely happy with this AAR, and have certainly loved writing it, but its always fantastic to receive this sort of recognition. Secondly, I have to thank my readers for staying with me and providing endless encouragement. I deliberately set out to take an academic tone with Sins of the Fathers and my fears that this would dissuade readers have been repeatedly dispelled with their comments, feedback and analysis.

So cheers all. I'll have to get back to my AAR reading but I'll be sure to select a successor for Sunday.

Congratulations ComradeOm! :D

congrats ComradeOm, certainly a deserving award for a deserving Author. Your style and especially your graphics are top notch.

Congratulations ComradeOm!

Very well deserved! Congratulations! I especially like your graphics. They are jaw-dropping beautiful and don't kill your history-book feeling with screenshots. Actually, it's the first history-book aar I've read fully. I'm a sucker for pictures so normally history-book aars are not for me :)

Way to go, ComradeOm. I have not had the chance to keep current with it in the last week or so, but it is a fine work and very much deserving of this showcase!

Well that was a quick week. Thanks again for all the congratulations and especially to those who have tuned into the AAR following this showcasing. Its a pity that you're only catching the end of the story.

Anyways, at first I was slightly nervous about selecting a successor - time constraints mean that I've picked up very few AARs in the last two months, and those have been in the Vicky forum - but then I remembered that one of my favourite AARs had recently returned from hiatus. It has sweeping (and educational!) history married to intriguing characters, all tied together with excellent maps/graphics and a gripping atmosphere. It is of course RGB's A YeAAR's Education - Russia Megacampaign, pt. I

Congrats!

Congratulations RGB!

EDIT - And congrats ComradeOm! Sorry I missed your week!

Great choice ComradeOm. Congrats RGB! An epic AAR with great attention to historical detail and plausibility - keep up the good work. :)

Congratulations RGB !! Well done ! - cheers him on - XD

Congratulations RGB :)

Thank you ComradeOm for the nod, and thanks everyone else for the congratulations and the praise.

I definitely enjoy a bit of recognition now and then, and I'm very glad people came back to this AAR after my far-too-long hiatus.

See you all in a few days, because now I'm busy savouring the moment.

Cheers.

Many congratulations.

Congrats, RGB!!

Congratulations RGB!

Well, thank you all, this was fun, but now my time is up.

I thought about a successor, and finally decided upon someone who is perhaps well-known enough not to need the extra bump, but surely deserves it for a myriad other reasons, not least of which is the superb quality of his AAR. It's our good friend canonized with his Timelines: What if Spain Failed to Control the World?. This fine work has never won this particular award, so now's the time to rectify the situation.

Congratulations!