Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats @tubplunger as I forgot to have a look here last few days.

And to @DensleyBlair, as always a worthy recipient for all awAARds around here. Thank you for everything you're doing for the community. :)

Reactions:
Congratulations DB. Weekly showcase and Writer of the Week at the same time is quite the achievement, though you do of course richly deserve both for the continued excellence of Echoes, truly one of the finest horror AARs I have read (certainly the thought of the events you portray ever actually happening gives me nightmares ;) )

Reactions:
Congratulations here too, @DensleyBlair - it’s a great work

Reactions:
Many congratulations!

Congrats @tubplunger as I forgot to have a look here last few days.

And to @DensleyBlair, as always a worthy recipient for all awAARds around here. Thank you for everything you're doing for the community. :)

Congratulations DB. Weekly showcase and Writer of the Week at the same time is quite the achievement, though you do of course richly deserve both for the continued excellence of Echoes, truly one of the finest horror AARs I have read (certainly the thought of the events you portray ever actually happening gives me nightmares ;) )

Congratulations here too, @DensleyBlair - it’s a great work

Many congratulations!
Thank you everyone for your generous words and well wishes. :D

I had two AARs in mind when passing this on this week, and they're both so different that I couldn't separate them. In the end it came down to which of the two had never had a work nominated before.

The AAR I'm nominating this week is a no-frills gameplay, but it stands out for a few reasons. First of all, it shines a light on a wild mod that I had never come across before. Secondly, it very skilfully weaves a thread through in-game events to create a good story. Thirdly, it gives a good account of how pdx games can simulate anarchist communes in an interesting way. And fourthly, it is riotous good fun.

With this in mind, I urge you all to check out Mother AnAARchy Loves Her Sons: A TNO Siberian Black Army AAR – and please join me in offering your congratulations to @Alex Kamal !

Reactions:
I guess I have a new AAR to read, well done @Alex Kamal !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 2Like
Reactions:
Thank you everyone for your generous words and well wishes. :D

I had two AARs in mind when passing this on this week, and they're both so different that I couldn't separate them. In the end it came down to which of the two had never had a work nominated before.

The AAR I'm nominating this week is a no-frills gameplay, but it stands out for a few reasons. First of all, it shines a light on a wild mod that I had never come across before. Secondly, it very skilfully weaves a thread through in-game events to create a good story. Thirdly, it gives a good account of how pdx games can simulate anarchist communes in an interesting way. And fourthly, it is riotous good fun.

With this in mind, I urge you all to check out Mother AnAARchy Loves Her Sons: A TNO Siberian Black Army AAR – and please join me in offering your congratulations to @Alex Kamal !
Holy crap! Thank you @DensleyBlair !

I feel obliged to give credit to the amazing writers of The New Order: Last Days of Europe. The writing in this mod is fantastic - it almost plays more like a visual novel than a strategy game. The sheer volume of writing must also be mentioned - by one count, the mod has over 5 million words, making it one of the largest works of fiction in the English language.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

Reactions:
Thirdly, it gives a good account of how pdx games can simulate anarchist communes in an interesting way
Ahh the truth comes out, your real reason for recommending this ( ;) )

In any event, congratulations @Alex Kamal it does indeed sound a most interesting work.

Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
Ahh the truth comes out, your real reason for recommending this ( ;) )
We all know that I will be well disposed towards any AAR with the title “Mother AnAARchy Loves Her Sons” :D

• 1Like
Reactions:
Very well done

• 1Like
Reactions:
This was a bit difficult for me, as I don't regularly read AARs. I did find a few that stuck out, but then I saw that they had already been nominated!

Then I found this one. It's a classic concept (restoring Alexander's empire) but what made it stand out was the writing style. It reads like a history text, but the author has managed to incorporate gameplay mechanics into the writing, allowing someone who knows the game to follow along.

With that, I nominate Alexander's Funeral Games - Epirus AAR by @Argead33 !

• 2Like
Reactions:
Very good choice! Congratulations @Argead33 !

• 1Like
Reactions:
Congratulations!

• 1Like
Reactions: