Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations, CzokletMuss!
Thank you!
Congrats CzokletMuss! Your previous AAR was high quality, will have to take a look at this one as well.
It's better if you nominate on Sunday or at least close to it, it is a weekly award after all. :)
Thanks! But could I nominate the next AAR somewhat later? I was nominated on 11th December and I would like to bask in the glory a little longer :D
Oh yes it is :)
Congratulations, CzokletMuss! I had never heard of your work before I started following your current AAR, but the title (and that first paragraph that Nikolai helpfully reproduced) really piqued my interest. It's rare to find an AAR covering a major country that still faces a very real risk of utter defeat, which makes for a more tense read than the more common "Here I am steamrolling the world into submission" style. :)
Thanks! And yes, Basileia Romaion is on the brink of total destruction all the time - one lost war with depleted treasury and several invasions are expected to happen. But without a risk there's no fun :)
Congratulations CzloketMuss!
Thank you!
Congrats I marked it as an AAR to check up n from time to time! I need to go read it though, keep meaning to...think I've only read the first update or two. But like what I've read so far. So definitely well deserved!
Thanks and check it out, there are 2 new chapters since the nomination :)
That's how I like an AAR, lovely and bleak!
Well done CzokletMuss. Glad to see this thread is up and running again.
If you like bleak stories, than you definitely need to check the last chapter :)

Congratulations!
This looks like a very fun (and grim. and dark.) AAR. Nice job!
Thank you very much, I appreciate it :) Next chapter is coming soon!

A week has passed since I was nominated. The time has come to nominate my successor.

I would like to nominate Philo32b for his magnificent AAR "In the Shadow of Certain, Painful Doom: Abyssinia". Now I know this AAR has been recently suspended but it's without a doubt one of the greatest AAR on this forum and it was the AAR which motivated me not only to buy CK2 and start my adventure with Paradox and later buy EU4, but also to start writing myself. So in my eyes Philo32b deserves this nomination like no one else. It's also a good occasion to show his work to those people who still haven't bumped into glorious story of the Zagwe dynasty.

Congratulation, Philo32b! :)

Last edited:
A very good reason for nomination, indeed.:) Congrats Philo32b!

Congrats Philo! It was definitely one of my favorites never finished reading it, but definitely a great AAR! And everyone should read it I think.

Isn't it ended though? Not just suspended but complete?

The ending is... well, you should read it for yourself :)

Thank you so much, CzokletMuss. I am honored by your nomination, and doubly-honored at your kind words about my AAR. The AAR was a lot of fun to put together, and your nomination reminds me that I need to go back and do the extra formatting (table of contents, chapter titles, etc.) that I talked about doing a bit ago. Thank you for reminding me!

@tnick0225. The AAR is in fact completed, not just suspended, although it does end 300-some years before the official game end. It was taken to what seemed to me a natural narrative ending point after a year-and-a-half of real time writing.

Thank you everyone! I appreciate it!

@tnick0225. The AAR is in fact completed, not just suspended, although it does end 300-some years before the official game end. It was taken to what seemed to me a natural narrative ending point after a year-and-a-half of real time writing.

I was sad to see it end...but it did go on for a long time! One of my faves that's for sure and definitely need to finish reading it one of these days. I think where I left off was maybe only a quarter of the way through.

Thank you so much, CzokletMuss. I am honored by your nomination, and doubly-honored at your kind words about my AAR. The AAR was a lot of fun to put together, and your nomination reminds me that I need to go back and do the extra formatting (table of contents, chapter titles, etc.) that I talked about doing a bit ago. Thank you for reminding me!

Thank you everyone! I appreciate it!
You are welcome :) And congrats one more time! I hope one day you'll come back to CK2 AAR writing :)

Thanks again, everyone. For my successor I am nominating tnick0225's The Return of the Welfs. I noticed that the story brings on a lot of fan replies and interest, and it is no wonder why--it is a very enjoyable, engaging journey following the Welfs. And a ruler getting eaten by a pack of wolves is always a plus, too, of course.

Congratulations, tnick0225!

Congratulations, tnick! A worthy choice indeed!

Many thanks to everyone!

I feel honored to be nominated for this, and even more so to be nominated by Philo who's AAR is one of my favorites that I've read to date on this forum. I still need to find the time to finish reading it but it was one of the most entertaining I've read.

I'm actually surprised I'm still writing and even playing my Welf game, had no idea it would make it to be a year old, let alone have 30 pages of updates/comments and 48,000 views. It has been fun writing it and happy that people are enjoying it and even happier that new people still take it upon themselves to read through the whole thing when they discover it.

Once again thank you to Philo, and everyone else, and to the readers and those that comment on my AAR for keeping me motivated, and for sticking with the Welfs throughout a year in which I've disappeared for several months at a time without creating an update. Its awards like these and the dedication of those readers that keep me motivated to write and making me want to come back and post updates on how the Welfs are faring.

So cheers and here's to hoping the Welf's second year in the CKII forum are just as interesting and entertaining to read as the previous.

And now it is time for me to start looking for a successor for the 29th.