Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congrats, Jestor! (BTW, Gotya, I fixed your link. :))

Congratulations! The Recluse and the Meta is certainly not ones usual cup of Paradox tea, but it is an interesting read, which is all that matters. Oh, and variety is the spice of life, so that's covered, too.

Anyway, looking forward to more... well, you can't really call it 'adventures'... More developments for our self-loathing, nearly-locked in protagonist, who occasionally punctures his life of misery with exuberant/manic/wildly aggressive outbursts. :)

Congratulations! The Recluse and the Meta is certainly not ones usual cup of Paradox tea, but it is an interesting read, which is all that matters. Oh, and variety is the spice of life, so that's covered, too.

Anyway, looking forward to more... well, you can't really call it 'adventures'... More developments for our self-loathing, nearly-locked in protagonist, who occasionally punctures his life of misery with exuberant/manic/wildly aggressive outbursts. :)

I like to think of it as the L'Étranger of the CKII world. ;)

Thank you all very much for this great honor. :) It's nice to be back in the saddle, as it were.

As for the torch-passing...

Whenever I read a gameplay AAR/dynasty, I always ask myself two questions:

1. Does this story make me want to play or own the game?
2. Does the AAR interest me enough that I keep reading, and don't just start scrolling after a while?

In the case of this week's AAR Showcase, the answer to both questions is an unqualified yes. Zorro, in his Victoria 2 Monroe and Roosevelt for the Win! A USA HoD AAR, has created an engaging, refreshing gameplay AAR that explains his courses of action and potential strategy turns in clear detail. There's also non-gameplay pictures and some historical appendixes with which to contrast the gameplay arc with what actually happened in real life. Nor is this merely a rehash of the same strategies others have tried - for example, numerous readers commented that his opening gambit was something they'd never even considered doing.

So for its clarity, ability to draw the reader in and keep their attention, discussion of strategy, and just overall enjoyment, Zorro's work receives this week's AAR Showcase. And quite surprising it is that he hasn't won a award before now. It's certainly deserved.

Well deserved!

Thank you Jestor for selecting my AAR for this week's Showcase, I'm glad to follow in your footsteps :). A sincere thanks you for all the congratulators here, you are most kind. I'd also like to extend my thanks to everyone who has commented on and/or read my AAR.

I've, to date, greatly enjoyed working on Monroe and Roosevelt. It is reassuring that many seem to enjoy my discussions on strategy. A lot of the enjoyment I get from playing Victoria 2, or any Paradox game for that matter, is all the strategy that goes into it.

A superb AAR, and well deserving. Congrats, Zorro!

I’d like to thank everyone one last time before passing on the award, so thank you!

The weekly AAR showcase goes to Mindmeld_me for his Reclaiming the Empire An Italian TFH/Black ICE AAR . I’ve been following this AAR since its begining and have been thoroughly enjoying it. His goal is ambitious, to restore the Roman Empire’s lands (minus the German territories).

This AAR is written from the perspective of Mussolini and it makes for an entertaining read. I really enjoy Mindmeld_me’s writing style. He does a good job talking about everything and not just limiting his comments to military action. This is Mindmeld_me’s first AAR and it is easy to forget that, such is the quality of his work. Natually I'd suggest checking it out, if you havn't already.

Congratulations Mindmeld_me!