• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Congratulations!

Congratulations!

erhm, it seems everyone forgot about this thread?

Its been almost two weeks since last AAR got elected :)

In which case, I'd very much like to shine the spotlight on a relatively new Crusader Kings AAR that I've just started following.

@silentsam5 's From England to America is a Churchillian task of equally Churchillian proportions. The main goals are to colonise America and lead both the US and the UK to their rightful places at the top of world affairs – and this all comes after we get to see him try to take the English throne.

As a nascent mega-campaign, it is well-paced. The momentum is there to carry the story forward at a good pace without leaving the readers in the dust. And there's a good author–commenter rapport, so what more could a reader want?

Once again, my congratulations to silentsam5!

Reactions:
Once again, my congratulations to silentsam5!

Thanks so much for this! I've had so much fun with the AAR, and all the feedback is amazing.

Can't wait to form the USA! :)

congratulations :)

Congratulations!

Congratulations!

My apologies for this being late, but...

I am nominating an AAR I've been following called An Alternate World War II - "Realtime" - UK by MacGowen. He takes a much slower, more deliberate approach to his United Kingdom Darkest Hour AAR, posting weekly updates of the war, wherein only a week of game time has passed (hence the Realtime aspect).

His updates are meetings between you and (we assume) a member of the British Government. In the meetings, he gives you a briefing of the war situation in the past week. There is also someone called Control, from SIS, who acts as a sort of foresight for the war, knowing how certain things will play out before they happen in the AAR. Overall, I think it emulates how a player feels when playing Darkest Hour well, already having the knowledge of how the beginning of the war might play out. Of course, as his AAR deviates further from history, Control will probably play a smaller role.

It is debatable whether or not he will be able to keep this up for the next 6 years (unless the war ends sooner than that), but the updates are nonetheless entertaining, and I will be sure to follow them as they are posted!

Congratulations to MacGowen!

congratulations!

Congratulations!