Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Thanks, RossN! I'm quite suprised, I thought my AAR's ugly screenshots and total lack of character writing would make it impossible to like. And it's only funny because the Crusader Kings engine pretty much guarantees a bizzarely surreal history anyway. Oops, this is supposed to be the showcase, and all I've done is slag it off. Though I would like to say to prospective readers that you definitely don't have to have read the original book. Or any other book. In fact, illiteracy might well be an advantage as far as reader enjoyment goes. Oops, done it again.

I would take issue with the 'quite short' description though. I've just hit the 200 years mark! That's ages! It's all about quantity, not quality...

Again, many thanks!

OK, new winner. My choice for the Weekly AAR Showcase goes over to the HOI forums, where Subi has unleased the wonderfully crazed Ultimate Showdown of Ultimate Destiny. It's unconventional, but what it lacks in plot, logic and sanity, it makes up in sheer entertaining spectacle. It's a strangely compelling read, especially if you pick a favourite at the start and treat it like a sporting event (albeit one that Great Britain has a chance of winning). And the title is epic.

So well done to Subi. Fingers crossed the chaos doesn't end in forty years of Cold War stalemate.

Congratulations! Interesting set up for the game. Looking at it now. :)

Wow , a pretty cool AAR there XD Browsing through it myself . Excellent work , Subi ! Very exciting read so far :D . Especially if you have to rebuild everything by scratch : very fun !

Well done Subi, congrats!

Time to hand it over? *cough* Time to hand it over to somebody... no... erm, well you get the picture.

Thanks everyone. And sorry for taking so long with the nomination thing. I don't normally check outside the HoI2 AAR forum/been procrastinating with my AAR.

So, I'll go with The Shortest Road to Damascus by aldriq. I've always wanted to recreate an Arabian empire in EUIII, and so I've loved reading it. I also love aldriq's writing style, as if I did an AAR of me playing, its how I would probably end up writing it, except I would write in third person instead of first. His AAR makes me want to go play a game of EUIII as Hedjaz, though I know that if I do I'll end up procrastinating on my own AAR like I did this past week. :p

Congrats aldriq! :)

Congratulations aldriq!