Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Unfortunately, Lord Valentine, who does usually visit these boards with some regularity, seems not to have logged on this past week to accept his award. In analogy to the proceedings with the “Best Character Writer of the Week” award, where there was recently a similar situation, and in accord with coz1 I shall therefore nominate another AAR in Lord Valentine’s stead.

The AAR I want to nominate is another history book style AAR, and it is also a little#known gem which deerves a lot more attention and publicity. It is intended to cover only a clearly confined, rather short span of time of only a few decades and follows the fortunes of an extraodinarily colourful and interesting character. Even though the AAR is not a narrative one its writer does nonetheless mange to infuse his main character, and also the other characters figuring in it with an immense deal of personality. Do yourself a favour and check it out.

In lieu of Lord Valentine I name as a successor to his CK AAR the Vicky AAR So Far From God (Mexico 1836-’76) by ComradeOm to the Weekly AAR Showcase.

Fondest congratulations, ComradeOm.

Last edited:
Congrats, ComradeOm! Been meaning to take a look at that one.

Congratulations!

Good show comrade, definately one of the most interesting AARs our there, love every minute of the political intrigue, military conquest and general get-abouts of our protagonist!

You will get the Order of Lenin for this Cap-- er wrong movie XD

Congrats Comrade !

Congrats!

Very many congratulations to ComradeOm, and all those who have won this award since I was last posting.

Congratulations ComradeOm :)

Well this is a pleasant surprise (and one that I almost managed to miss despite a pm!). Many thanks to The_Guiscard for affording me this honour and to all those who offered congratulations. This AAR has been something of a rollercoaster for me but its always fantastic to receive recognition. I'll have to go now to have a good think as to who to pass this honour on to next week

Again, thank you all

I do hate passing on the limelight but then what would this showcase be if it wasn't used to trumpet hidden gems. The author that I have in mind is certainly no stranger to this platform but his latest offering is fairly obscure... perhaps deliberately so. Certainly I've yet to encounter an AAR as interesting and nonsensical as Fiftypence's fascinatingly opaque The Lost Century

Its rare that you find a Haiti AAR and even rarer when one is narrated by "the Pebble who has heard God". How did Port-au-Prince become a thriving modern industrial city? Why is a century of its history simply missing? What mysteries do the Hall of Records hold? Let's hope that Fiftypence continues this wonderful tale

Edit: Ah, thanks canonized. That's the word I was looking for to describe this AAR - unique

And once again - thanks to all for the congrats

Congratulations Fiftypence ! Definitely one of the most underrated narrative writers out there ! I'm always entertained by your unique AARs !

I entirely agree with canonized. Underrated and entirely worth a read. Any reader will not go away unsatisfied and most certainly wanting more. Congratulations, Fiftypence! :)

Congratulations Fifty pence