Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I did have Elfwine in mind when GS made the claim. You two should race each other to see whose improbably bear-themed AAR ends up the wildest. :p

Lancaster probably isn't even in the top ten oddest ckii games. Might not even be the strangest of my games, lest I remind everyone of the nigh immortal emperor galahad and his wars against the Islamic world and the kingdom of Italy, in a truly unholy alliance.

Was more thinking of King Wiggles the Dragon who was adopted by hedgehogs and thus thought he was a cannibal when he ate them...

• 1Haha
Reactions:
Was more thinking of King Wiggles the Dragon who was adopted by hedgehogs and thus thought he was a cannibal when he ate them...
Not an actual game thing, surely! Just you being all Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds? :D
Anyway, congrats @GangsterSynod :)

Reactions:
Where is it? This AAR, or another?

It's another one. Name escapes me but there really was a dragon character like that. Also Britannia was ran by Elephant Lords. Bless.

It's another one. Name escapes me but there really was a dragon character like that. Also Britannia was ran by Elephant Lords. Bless.
:D OK then, sounds fun but I’ll just have to take your word for it.

:D OK then, sounds fun but I’ll just have to take your word for it.

Usually I'd go through my back catalogue, but it's a CKII game from years ago so buried under hundreds of others presumably. However...fairly sure it won a weekly or quarter award so could look there...

Usually I'd go through my back catalogue, but it's a CKII game from years ago so buried under hundreds of others presumably. However...fairly sure it won a weekly or quarter award so could look there...
Reckon you are talking about Against the Great Animal Calamity . Which was not literally barking mad purely because I think it lacked dogs. It did have the elephants, dragons, bears, hedgehogs, etc.

Reactions:
Reckon you are talking about Against the Great Animal Calamity . Which was not literally barking mad purely because I think it lacked dogs. It did have the elephants, dragons, bears, hedgehogs, etc.

Yes, thats the one. Dogs are in fact playable (bloodhounds I believe) but can't remember if they were present.

Finally this thread digression can end:)

Reactions:
So I have shamefully and selfishly not paid too much attention to this thread before I actually won an award, but I assume I can now nominate an AAR for this next week? If so, I vacillated for a while between quite a lot of the AARs I like when I realized it should probably go to a new CKIII AAR. There have been quite a few excellent ones so far, but I think I am going to nominate The Chronicle of Black and Gold by @Twighlight Array 17 . It is very nicely written, occasionally educational, and ambitious in its different perspectives, all while remaining lively. Please join me in wishing them congratulations.

Reactions:
Good choice. Well done!

• 1Like
Reactions:
Very many congratulations

Reactions:
Reactions:
...anyone around? Shall we get back to this?

I know we like to give a bit of leeway to the awardee but I'd imagine that you're fine to make a recommendation.