Weekly AAR Showcase: The Christian Kingdom of Sarir - the Forgotten Persian Principality

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
@Cora Giantkiller, @Idhrendur, @El Pip and @37th Armoured div -- Thank you all for the congratulations! I appreciate it!

And I know I should have done this on Saturday, before Sunday came along and just ate up my day. Now it's Tuesday and I've officially worn out my welcome and held onto this AAR showcase trophy too long. Anyway, I'm handing it off to a Victoria 2 AAR that I think shows some excellent promise, that has already deftly been melding together true history with alt-history in an engaging and well-informed way. It's always a treat to see someone really engage intensely with the historical currents within and around one of the great historical empires and one of the great states of our own day, even though it is one which is for political reasons highly unpopular in the English-speaking world.

At any rate, for both the consistently high quality of writing, the thoughtful exposition of historical debates and the solid, careful research done into Russian history, I am delighted to nominate

@HistoryDude

for his Vicky 2 AAR

The Rise of Russia

Congratulations, @HistoryDude, and apologies for the late handoff! Step up, take a bow, enjoy the limelight, and keep up the great writing!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Reactions:
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 2Like
Reactions:
@Cora Giantkiller, @Idhrendur, @El Pip and @37th Armoured div -- Thank you all for the congratulations! I appreciate it!

And I know I should have done this on Saturday, before Sunday came along and just ate up my day. Now it's Tuesday and I've officially worn out my welcome and held onto this AAR showcase trophy too long. Anyway, I'm handing it off to a Victoria 2 AAR that I think shows some excellent promise, that has already deftly been melding together true history with alt-history in an engaging and well-informed way. It's always a treat to see someone really engage intensely with the historical currents within and around one of the great historical empires and one of the great states of our own day, even though it is one which is for political reasons highly unpopular in the English-speaking world.

At any rate, for both the consistently high quality of writing, the thoughtful exposition of historical debates and the solid, careful research done into Russian history, I am delighted to nominate

@HistoryDude

for his Vicky 2 AAR

The Rise of Russia

Congratulations, @HistoryDude, and apologies for the late handoff! Step up, take a bow, enjoy the limelight, and keep up the great writing!

Well, this is unexpected! Thanks for the nomination!

Oh, No! Another non CK2 from a writer that I greatly admire and respect that I must read. I am currently sharing @HistoryDude's Byzantine campsite so I know Russia will be a winner. Warmest congratulations, @HistoryDude.

Congratulations, @HistoryDude!

Many congratulations @HistoryDude!

Congratulations @HistoryDude !

Warm congratulations @HistoryDude i must check it out.

Thanks to everyone!

And, now, since I've held this for around a week, it is time to pass it on. I'm reading many AARs, but one of the best is @Superstorm's Wings of Faith, Wings of Fury, depicting a pagan Poland. Allow me to be the first to congratulate you!

• 2Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
  • 1Like
Reactions:
Well, this is unexpected! Thanks for the nomination!

Thanks to everyone!

And, now, since I've held this for around a week, it is time to pass it on. I'm reading many AARs, but one of the best is @Superstorm's Wings of Faith, Wings of Fury, depicting a pagan Poland. Allow me to be the first to congratulate you!
Congratulations @Superstorm !
Congratulations, @Superstorm!
Oh wow! I have been away for a couple of days and come back to a flood of messages and a nomination! Thank you so much everyone for your support and reading of my AAR. It has been a really fun project and it amazes me at how much positive feedback it has been getting - I hope you all continue to enjoy it. A thanks to @Nikolai for the nomination and to everyone who is reading and commenting.

• 4Like
Reactions:
A little late passing on the award, but this week has been very busy for me sadly. Nonetheless, I have been browsing and desperatly trying to catch up on various AARs and one that I think deserves a bit of a spotlight is @ibicko A Tale as Old as Time II: The Dual Monarchy - A Paradox Mega-Campaign AAR

A well written tale of France and England together in union through a Dual Monarchy - and with France on top for a change, with good detail and using a different perspective from a CK2 game carried over, which I also need to read. Congrats, it's been an enjoyable read!

• 3Like
Reactions: