• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
IMG%5D

4 October 1811, Armenia

"Soldiers, we are send t-into Russia once more, the rotten bastards delclared war on us! We will not be able to wwin against their armies, but with quick raids we can defeat them!", Oona said. I said: "What are we waiting for? Let's go! For the Khan!". The army of 30k men started to move towards Russia, it didn't take long for succes, quickly villages where seized. Russia was close to surrender a little bit of territory to us, when the news came from*Trebizond, they invaded us!

Dairy entry 28 November 1811

The speed in marching was higher then normal, many men died of attrition. But we need to defeat Russia fast, Trebizond invaded us! I don't feel good by this, Oona is not yet sick, but she is hungry, like we all are. We doesn't get many supplies and the Russians burn their lands! I hope we make it...

28 December 1811

"I have been informed by our General that we signed peace with the Russians for some ground, we need to go to Trebizod quickly, we won't surrender, we want total annexation!", Oona said. After the speech I walked to her tent, where she was packing in. "Can I come in?", I asked. "Why do you ask this? You are always welcome!", she said. "Do you really believe in victory against Trebizond? I mean, we lost half our army by attrition in Russia!". "You need to listen to me now, yes we can win,if we believe in it, come and help me packing in some more, we leave in 10 minutes.
vi51.png

Diary entry 17 January 1812

Today we defeated a Trebizond army without any losses! We just overran their 5000 men! The morale is high, but attrition is killing us, victory against Trebizond is certain, but if someone else join the war, we aren't sure anymore.

20 June 1812

"We defeated army after army in Trebizond, but they still keep fightin! Worse is that Ninzhny Novgorod has declared war on us, we will be forced to give up territory against them, but Trebizond is close to annhalition, good luck soldiers!", Oona said. This is bad, really bad, the future of our horde is uncertain, but Oona tells the soldiers not the truth because the morale need to be held high.

Diary entry 21 June 1813

We won against Trebizond, we lost against Nizhny Novgorod, and Ramazan declared war on us, the horse will have a tough time to survive, but I believe in our force, I only hope Oona will survive this...

v8iu.png

3w2.png

Last edited:
NeverFall_zpsce9382ac.jpg

Diary entry 28 August 1813

After some battle's fought against Ramazan, they agreed a white peace. We are now at peace, and we are resting for getting reinforcements. Everywhere depots are build, because we need supplies and places for our Men to stay. According to the latest rumors the new invasion would go trough Turkey, and then into Europe, not trough the Crimea, because they are to strong. Nothing is confirmed however, but I trust in the horde!

2 January 1814

“Soldiers, we go to war once more! Candar is a vital target for the horde, as it brings us further west! Ride!”, Oona screamed. 16.000 fierce horsemen and 4000 fast skirmishers started moving west. I ordered my horse to go in full gallop, and I galloped to Oona. “Hello”, I said. “Hello”, she said while kissing me. “You like it that we go to war again?”, I asked. “Yes and no, I like the fighting, but I hate the fear that I might loose you...”.

9 January 1814, Sinope

My blood was rushing trough my veins as I charged the enemy lines. The soldiers from Candar attempted to stop our 20559 men with 7200 men! This is ridiculous. I was fighting side by side with Oona. I aimed my gun at a enemy and shot him right in his head. When I was out of ammo, I took my newest weapons: A small shield and 3 light Javelins. I trowed a Javelin at an enemy horsemen, who ended up as a bloody piece of meat because he felt of his horse and the horde just rode over him! The fighting continued for 5 Hours, then it was over. We lost only 236 men, while 5209 deaths where count on the enemy side! For the Khan!

Diary entry 29 June 1814

Finally, after half a year of war we defeated the Candar Nation. We lost only 1000 men in combat, but 6000 by attrition. In fact that wasn't so bad, we won, and we are closer to the west. Plans are been made for the Invasion of Armenia, to connect our territories.
oav1.png

Oona's tent, 5 August 1814

“First, I would like to say we are at war with Armenia, second, I would like to promote you to second leader of the Regiment.”, Oona said. “t-thanks, I don't know what to say darling...”, I answered. “You don't need to say anything, as long as you know I love you”, she whispered.

Diary entry 17 August 1814

Today we crushed the Armenian armies, soon our lands will be united. I will need to leave to Astrakhan soon, because the Khan called me. I will miss Oona, but she can't come with me, because she need to lead the Regiment. I don't now what the khan has to say, but we will see...

Diary entry 19 January 1815

Tomorrow I go to Astrakhan, Armenia surrender yesterday, and our Empire really looks better now, . There is a long way to go to become the new Golden Horde, but I trust on our soldiers. And like always, for the Khan!
jzvr.png

Great update, nice expansion into Anatolia there. Is the territory that Ninzy Novgorod took from you core territory? Hopefully you are in a position to revenge yourself of that loss soon.

I feel Oona was perhaps just a little bit biased when she promoted Gansukh (sp?) to Executive Officer ;)

Now, the question is: Will he climb further up the ladder through another regiment, or will Oona meet an untimely end...?

Great update, nice expansion into Anatolia there. Is the territory that Ninzy Novgorod took from you core territory? Hopefully you are in a position to revenge yourself of that loss soon.
Yeah, it is core territory :(

I feel Oona was perhaps just a little bit biased when she promoted Gansukh (sp?) to Executive Officer

Now, the question is: Will he climb further up the ladder through another regiment, or will Oona meet an untimely end...?
You will see...

bnub.jpg

Astrakhan, 2 February 1815

Slowly I see Astrakhan, the great city coming closer. It was a cold morning, but I noticed some Ravens in the area, strange... I kept riding and when I closed in at the city gates, I saw it. Along the road hundreds of cages where hung. In those cages there where humans! Hungry, cold, sometimes death Humans! More and more Ravens where flying, what's happening here! When I entered the city gates I saw skeletons and rotting head hanging over the walls… At every corner there was a cage, and a light, in a skull. The people where scared, and the streets where almost empty. Four horsemen dressed with the emblem of the khan followed me, and one was riding ahead to show the road. Then I saw it, a huge palace with hundreds of little towers like I saw in Persia. From the simple, wood with hide building, this Giant palace was build! The entry road was covered by rows of stakes, with Human heads on it. I entered the Palace and was guided to the crown room, like they called it. The palace was beautiful from the inside, the finest artist and painters made the walls look great! "Here are you Gansükh, we where waiting for you.", the Khan said. I didn't recognized him anymore, the friendly men who once was so glorious, was now a grey, weak coward, loving to see others suffer. "Want a drink?", he asked while pointing at a small table on his side. On that table there where skulls, filled with a strange looking liqueur. "No.. No thanks..." I said. "Mhahahahahaha! You don't like my glorious looking city or what? May Allah tell you that this is the path of glory!", he laughed. It appears that abandoned the Tengri, and now he was a Muslim? I don't know much about Muslims, but I know sure this isn't what is mean. "Let me tell you something, you will help me, to catch that damn Oona who wants to overtrow me! And since you are close with her, we will imprison you, and torture you that she comes to get you! And then, we kill her and you, and you will make a nice addition to my Palace…" I felt a blow on my head, and it became black before my eyes when I felt down…

3February 1815

When I waked up it was cold, night, or so it seems. I tried to stand up but I was unable because the low room, was it a room? No, to much wind... I was in a cage! I looked around and I noticed that I was hanging on the first one to the castle! On the other side of the road a rotting body was in a cage. Now I know why was here and not in another cage, Oona would be able of seeing me! That morning some guards came, not to bring me food, but to take me to their torture rooms…

bnub.jpg

4 February 1815

I was back in the cage. They tortured me for 2 days… It is a cold morning, but the sun hasn't came up yet. I am sure they send Oona something from, so that she will come to get me. And th3n they kill her. This is bad, very bad. I looked at my legs, they where burned completely, I wouldn't be able to run if I get out of this cage. "Ganskükh", I heard a voice whispering, "I have a letter for you". I was not able to say anything because the person was gone already. I looked at the small paper in my hands:

Be prepared, in thirty minutes I come get you. In this letter there is a key of the cage, get it ready if we come, and Jump on the horse if you can.

This was from Oona, I knew sure. I didn't saw a key. Then I noticed it where 2 pieces of paper sticked together. I opened it carefully and noticed that there was a bit of powder inside it. Black powder of course. Typical Oona. I carefully did it in the lock, I don't know how to light it, probably Oona will do that. Thirty minutes later I heard the sound of hooves. Nine Arabian full blood horses mounted by Muslim archers, or so it seems. A total black outfit of several cloths draped around their bodies and heads. They carried round shields on their backs, short curves blades on their sides and small bows in their hands, the bows where not Muslim, but Mongol. "We bring horses to the Khan", the leader of the group said against a guard, it wasn't Oona… They just walked with their horses to the cages. When they reached my cage, a gunshot was fired, one of the archers shot a bullet a the lock of my cage. It exploded, this shot must be from Oona, nobody can handle a pistol so well. "Jump on one of the horses!", Oona screamed. "I can't ride, my legs!", I answered. "Then Jump on my horse!". I did what she said, the pain into legs was not normal anymore, and I lost Consciousness.

6 February 1815

When I waked Up I was laying in a nice, soft bed in a small house, probably in Astrakhan, Oona was sitting on the edge of the bed. "Finally you are awake my Khan". "Waith? What darling?", I answered. "While you was asleep, all officers holded elections, and we decided that you are the new great Khan", Oona said. "Oona, do you wanna marry me?", I asked. "Of course", she said while kissing me.

Oh Sugar Honey Ice Tea!!! That escalated quickly!

(Too quickly perhaps)

As far as the writing goes though, this and last chapter were sublime, really captivating. Keep up the good work!

Pop Consciousness? Capital C makes that word look awfully awkward ;)
you see, Mongols don't wait a year with a coup and elections you know :)

bnub.jpg

20 February 1815

Today is the day, tonight we will marry... I am about to meet Oona in the garden, after that we go to our families, who will dress us up. We decided to marry in a small 'marriage palace' (that's the tradition of our nation, city marriages happens in small palaces). Oona was already waiting for me. She was sitting in the grass, looking at the frogs in the pool. I sat down beside her and lays my arms around her shoulders. "Tonight we are man and wive", she said while laying her head on my shoulder. "Yes", I answered. I noticed she was nervous, "stay calm darling, there is nothing to worry about.", I said. "I know", she said. Twenty minutes later she fell asleep. It was 8 am when I waked her up. “We really need to go now, our families are waiting”, I whispered. “Okay then”, she said disappointed, “see you tonight”. When I rode towards the home of my parents, I was thinking what clothes they would give me, probably some kind of silly costume. If I was allowed to decide, then I would take my armor. A light armor made of hardened leather and iron, and a leather hat. Yes, that would look good. When I approached the house, I took a deep breath and entered the door. “There you are! We where waiting for you, there are some final things to be made to your costume, come with me please!”, My mother, there you get it, a costume... When I entered my room I was amazed, instead of an silly costume, a shining piece of armor was awaiting there. It was just beautiful. I never saw something. “Special request from Oona.”, my mother said. “And I could refuse that to her you know.” “Thanks...” I said. “Come on, go and pass it!”. A few minutes later I stand there, turning around to let my mother do some final things. The armor was just like it was supposed to be, you could freely move with it, and it made not a single noise. “Thanks again...”, I said. It was 5 pm when the time came to leave, first we would eat in a small chamber of the palace, water and bread (if I can eat of course). After that we go praying to Tengri. At 8 pm the wedding ceremony starts, and one hour later it is time for the feast, then I and Oona are man and wife...

When we arrived at the palace we headed straight for the eating room. When we arrived there, I saw a piece of bread on the table as well as some cups with water. We eat in silence, I however wasn't able to eat much, just some bread and half a cup of water. It was time to go praying. Silent I watched the fire burn... The time has come. I was leaded into he mean hall of the palace. They weren't many people in the room, because I and Oona asked to do it with only friends and family. Then I saw Oona, she was even more beautiful then ever in her new Del *. Every guest looked at me however, since it was highly unusual to come in shining armor. Suddenly my father stands up and speaks: "I wish this young couple many years of Joy and live, as well many as many children. Let the celebrations begin! Done, we where married. I walked toward Oona and kissed her. The feast started and would last until deep in the night. I received many gifts from the guests: a beautiful sword, Child toys** and many more. Oona received a bow with poisoned arrows and a goat to provide her with healty milk. Oona whispered something in my ear that night: "tommorow we leave to our regiment, time to go to war..."

*A traditional mongolian wedding costume for women.
** After the speech of the gooms father, gifts are given. Traditionaly this are child toys.