• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Official update: I've got my PC situation worked out to where I can play again. So, I need plans from shierholzer and a new CNO (Chief of Naval Operations). I'm opening up the latter position to anybody with at least SF, instead of mandating FTM. You're looking at really one major element, the current FY budget, as I don't think it'll take more than a year to beat the USSR.

As an added incentive, people who have played major roles in this AAR will get advanced notice for my next interactive AAR, so you'd have a better chance of getting a good job in the next one. :)

Let's set a deadline of Tuesday at 10 PM (-6 GMT).

((Ah, the perks of being a party leader. I love you.))

((You're welcome. I lead the GOP wing of the Senate, remember?))

((Indeed you do! I hadn't honestly considered the party leaders in my original thoughts, but you're right!))

((and I lead the Democrats. :3))

((If your new interactive LP is not HOI3, I would like a notice as well, as I am better in all other ones :)))

((If your new interactive LP is not HOI3, I would like a notice as well, as I am better in all other ones :)))

((It's going to be HOI3. For EU3/Vicky 2, IMHO, the best interactive AARs are more "I'm thinking of A, B, or C -- vote for one!" The Presidents is the rare exception of a successful character based Vicky 2 interactive AAR, in my estimation.

Now, let's try to finish this AAR before we worry about the next one. ;)))

((k!)

So we can put this thing to rest (and get back to the proper AAR): Those individuals who have worked well in the past will get an early invitation to the next interactive AAR, even before I post a thread. This new AAR will have limited spots for active participants, unlike this one, but the spots will have a lot more to do. One thing I'm definitely going to do is build a back up roster of players so we don't have a situation like this one, where a major position goes unfilled for a while.

Who will get the invitations? People that have been active on the AAR for a while, have met deadlines (or come reasonably close), and not left for long periods without notice if they had a position of responsibility. As we get closer to the end of this AAR, I'll start going through the list of members of this AAR and determine who'll get the early invite. After I sort those out, I'll post a request in this thread for unfilled positions, that will be open to anybody on this AAR's roster. If there are still vacancies at that point, they'll be open to the public.

Hint: Having TFH will be a big help towards getting the early invite. :D

As a reminder, plans for the Atlantic/selection for the CNO should be in on Tuesday by 10 PM (-6 GMT). If you want to be CNO, please mention it in thread. (Novatheorem, would you be willing to double dip as CNO if nobody else is willing to?)

((Um, I suppose - if you remember, my appointment to PacCom was supposed to be temporary as well. If it'll get this moving again, I can do so if no one has decided on it by Mon. [01/07/2013]))

((Um, I suppose - if you remember, my appointment to PacCom was supposed to be temporary as well. If it'll get this moving again, I can do so if no one has decided on it by Mon. [01/07/2013]))

((I actually didn't remember it was supposed to be temporary either. :D Do you want me to post something regarding its availability? I've asked somebody who wanted to join if they can take the CNO spot; if they don't want it, I'd be happy to have you fill in.))

Ladies and gentlemen,

It is my distinct pleasure to announce that a new Chief of Naval Operations has been chosen. Generals Stilwell and Geiger, please send your requests for new materiel to him as soon as you are able. I will attach the official communications protocols below.

Admiral William D. Leahy, Presidential Chief of Staff

((The new guy is bod305, who PMed me a couple of days ago volunteering. Novatheorem, shierholzer, PM him requests at your convenience. Gen. Marshall, please send him a copy of your budget so he knows what he's got to work with; I'm adding his name to the OP, and he'll introduce himself here later.))

Thank you, everyone. It will be my most esteemed pleasure to work with you all in the future, even though I missed the bulk of the fighting.
I will get to work on my assigned tasks within the new few hours.

Admiral William Halsey, Jr.

As a reminder, plans for the Atlantic/selection for the CNO should be in on Tuesday by 10 PM (-6 GMT). If you want to be CNO, please mention it in thread. (Novatheorem, would you be willing to double dip as CNO if nobody else is willing to?)
((As I told you via PM, I'm waiting for Admiral Halsey, to deliver his naval budget.))

Lieutenant-General Joseph Warren Stilwell
Commander-in-Chief Atlantic Theater

((As I told you via PM, I'm waiting for Admiral Halsey, to deliver his naval budget.))

Lieutenant-General Joseph Warren Stilwell
Commander-in-Chief Atlantic Theater

((He's waiting on Novatheorem's input; I told him to post what he has next time he gets a chance.))