• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I reject the Sinclaire Nuclear Weapons Act.
((As I outlined in post #2258, the combination of AI control and paragraph four of your act is not possible due to game limitations.))
-- David Worth Clark (D-ID)

I reject the Sinclaire Nuclear Weapons Act.
((As I outlined in post #2258, the combination of AI control and paragraph four of your act is not possible due to game limitations.))
-- David Worth Clark (D-ID)

((What I usually do with nukes is pause as soon as the month that I get the nuke starts. That way you can have one bomber, that isn't controlled by the AI, drop the nuke, rather than letting the AI.))

I was planning on doing much the same as Plutonium95 mentions here; I'll keep a very close eye on nuke production and we'll have an emergency session when we're within 30 days.

New poll:
Aye: 5
Nay: 1

Last edited:
Operation Deliverance (DOPEA Compliance)

Operation Deliverance

Until this classification is altered by the President of the United States or the Joint Chiefs of Staff, the contents of this briefing are classified Top Secret. Under the Espionage Act of 1917, the transmission of this briefing in any format to unauthorized parties constitutes an act of treason, and will be prosecuted accordingly.

In order to remain in compliance with US Law, PACCOM is advancing detailed plans of Operation Deliverance before their enactment on Jan 10th, 1944. We believe that this operation can be carried out with the resources at hand due to changes in the fighting condition of the Japanese based on fighting efficiency reports collected after intercepted communications. Further evaluation of the field conditions will be carried out by Gen. Roy S. Geiger before such date. Briefing as follows:

Objective: To capture Iwo Jima, Saipan and other minor outlying islands and reconfigure forces for invasion of Japan. Thinning out Japanese Navy forces will also protect our transports and ensure a stronger Japanese invasion.

Operational Resources:

CTF Intrepid (in theater)
CTF Enterprise (in theater)
CTF Lexington (in theater)

SAG Colorado (in theater)
SAG Idaho (in theater)

FRF Angel (in theater)

SSQ Raven (in theater)
SSQ Jackal (in theater)

TRG Liberty (Los Angeles)
TRG Unity (in theater)
TRG Fraternity (in theater)

7th, 8th, 9th Armored (Los Angeles)
14th Mountain (Los Angeles)

100th USAAF Fighter Squadron (in theater)

Administrative Action 1: Armored Divisions need to be assigned an HQ division prior to deployment; will leave naming convention to discretion of Chief of Army Office.
Operational Contingency 1: Naval resources below 65% combat efficiency are to rebase to Saipan or Iwo Jima (when captured) for repairs.
Operational Contingency 2: Resources not named in these battle plans are to continue mission critical functions until further orders; remaining subject to OC1.

Operational Timeline:
Hour 0 - 7th – 9th Armored + HQ board TRG Liberty
Hour 0 – 14th Mountain Division board TRG Liberty
Hour 0 – SAG Idaho patrols Pathfinder Reef (Defensive)
Hour 10 – CTF Intrepid patrols Coast of Saipan (Aggressive)
Hour 10 – CTF Enterprise patrol N Mariana Trench (Aggressive)
Hour 15 – TRG Liberty rebase to Midway Isle
Hour 18 – TRG Unity loads USMC + 1st – 3rd Marine
Hour 18 – TRG Unity move to Coast of Saipan (Defensive)
Hour 25 – 1st – 3rd Marine amphibious assault Saipan
Hour 25 – CTF Lexington patrol Toji Pass (Aggressive)
Hour 25 – CTF Saratoga patrol W Marcus Island Approach (Aggressive)
Hour 40 – 2nd USMC + 1st – 6th Marine board TRG Fraternity
Hour 40 – FRF Angel move to Eniwetok Bay (Defensive; meet TRG Fraternity)
Hour 40 – TRG Fraternity move to Eniwetok Bay (Defensive; hold for FRF Angel)
Hour 50 – SSQ Jackal convoy raid in N Phillipine Basin (Defensive)
Hour 65 – SSQ Raven convoy raid in SW Central NW Pacific Basin
Hour 65 – TRG Fraternity + FRF Angel move to W Marcus Isle Approach (Passive; upon completion of Saipan campaign)
Hour 70 – SAG Colorado rebase to Guam (passive)
Hour 70 – 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th Marines invade Marcus Isle
Hour 90 – 100th USAAF Fighter Wing cancels Air Superiority Mission (upon fall of Marcus Isle)
Hour 90 – TRG Fraternity unloads 2nd USMC; 6th Marine remains on TRG
Hour 105 – TRG Fraternity + FRF Angel move to Coast of Saipan (passive; meet TRG Unity)
Hour 105 – TRG Unity loads USMC + 1st – 3rd Marine
Hour 135 – TRG Unity + Fraternity, FRF Angel, move to Iwo Jima
Hour 135 – SAG Colorado move to Shinji Ridge (aggressive)
Hour 150 – USMC + 1st-3rd, 6th Marine amphibious assault Iwo Jima
Hour 200 – Attach 6th US Marine to USMC
Hour 200 – TRG Liberty loads 7th – 9th Armored + HQ, 14th Mountain.
Hour 200 – TRG Liberty rebases to Marcus Isle (defensive)
Hour 220 – TRG Unity + TRG Fraternity, FRF Angel move to Truk (passive)
Hour 260 – TRG Fraternity loads 1st US Army, 45th – 48th Infantry
Hour 300 – TRG Unity + TRG Fraternity, FRF Angel move to Kwajalein (passive)
Hour 350 – TRG Fraternity loads 8th US Army + 41st – 44th Infantry.
Hour 400 – TRG Unity rebase to Iwo Jima (passive)
Hour 400 – TRG Fraternity + FRF Angel rebase to Guam (passive)

End of Operations. All resources are to remain active in theater for further operations. Resources cycled out are to remain on standby for possible invasion pending strategic weapon use.

Last edited:
Roy S. Geiger; The Senate
East Capitol Street, NE and 1st Street
Washington, DC 20004

George Marshall
Platz der Republik 1.
11011 Berlin Germany

CLASSIFIED - SHORT

General,

Be advised that the 7th, 8th and 9th Armored Divisions have been assigned to ATLCOM. Since they are not used in any operations these coming months, you should be able to find fitting replacement for them. The only problem here is transport; since the divisions are obviously needed in the Atlantic Theatre, is there a possibility to split up TRG Liberty into an Atlantic part and a Pacific part?

Maybe my colleagues of the Naval Office can help you figure out another possible solution to the transport problem.

General George C. Marshall
Chief of the US Army & Air Force

-------------------------------------------------

General Geiger,

Is there any reason you have January 10th specified as the date to begin operations?

Admiral Leahy

Admiral,

My field command has suggested that a few mission critical operatives are still awaiting supplies before they can proceed to their operational duties. They expect to be fully supplied by January 10th.

General Geiger

----------------------------------

General Marshall,

My apologies. It is hard to keep track of resources as they transfer between theaters. Liberty can be released for duties in the Atlantic, as can the armored divisions. The mountainous terrain of the Japanese peninsula is poorly designed for their mobility.

General Geiger

Admiral,

My field command has suggested that a few mission critical operatives are still awaiting supplies before they can proceed to their operational duties. They expect to be fully supplied by January 10th.

General Geiger

Understood. Thank you, General, for the clarification.

(( Redefining the notion of being late to the party here, but is it still okay to make a senator and jump in? Just read all 114 pages over the past couple of days. I promise to make up for the late start by participating from the start the next time. ))

Welcome, Senator uhm... *What was his name again? I'm getting old...*
You have just missed the greatest war of the century, so from that point of view, yes, you're late to the party. There is still a lot of work to do though, so I'd be delighted to welcome you to the Senate floor!

- Ryan Marshall (D-NV)

An introduction appears to be in order.

I am Joseph Schulz-Fischer, born 1899, representing the Democratic party as the recently elected Senator for the State of Nebraska. I hope to amend the poor impression my frequently unavailable and generally disinterested predecessors must have left.

In light of this century's two full-scale global conflicts that we have been drawn into against our will, I firmly believe that we should adopt an interventionist foreign policy, using precise but firm applications of both the formidable will and military power we have showcased during these conflicts, and the diplomatic privileges we will undoubtedly be afforded by past allies in order to ensure at least two things: The prevention of any future global war instigated by a territorial power seeking to permanently upset and alter the balance of power in their favour, and that free, democratic nations develop along political and economical lines that will, in the long and short term, contribute to a peaceful global community and continued growth of a global, conscientiously unrestricted market.

Precisely for that reason, I would now like to add my voice to current matters and fully endorse the Sinclaire Nuclear Weapons Act.

- Joseph Schulz-Fischer, (D-NE)

Welcome to the Senate, Mr. Sculz-Fischer. And I appreciate your support.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

An introduction appears to be in order.

I am Joseph Schulz-Fischer, born 1899, representing the Democratic party as the recently elected Senator for the State of Nebraska. I hope to amend the poor impression my frequently unavailable and generally disinterested predecessors must have left.

In light of this century's two full-scale global conflicts that we have been drawn into against our will, I firmly believe that we should adopt an interventionist foreign policy, using precise but firm applications of both the formidable will and military power we have showcased during these conflicts, and the diplomatic privileges we will undoubtedly be afforded by past allies in order to ensure at least two things: The prevention of any future global war instigated by a territorial power seeking to permanently upset and alter the balance of power in their favour, and that free, democratic nations develop along political and economical lines that will, in the long and short term, contribute to a peaceful global community and continued growth of a global, conscientiously unrestricted market.

Precisely for that reason, I would now like to add my voice to current matters and fully endorse the Sinclaire Nuclear Weapons Act.

- Joseph Schulz-Fischer, (D-NE)

Welcome aboard; I'll add you to the opening page shortly.

Vote added.

Voting is closed. The Sinclaire Nuclear Weapons Act passes, as do the Pacific War Plans. shierholzer requested an extension until this weekend for the Atlantic Plans, which I've granted.

Mr. President,
Though my timing is terrible, and I have held this position for a short time, I must tender my resignation from the post of Chief of Staff, United States Navy. It is with great heaviness of heart and regret that I inform you I am no longer physically fit for the duty.

Regards,
William Franklin Knox,
Chief of Staff, United States Navy

((between work and starting school again, i will be unable to continue. Sorry for the delay in notice))

Mr. President,
Though my timing is terrible, and I have held this position for a short time, I must tender my resignation from the post of Chief of Staff, United States Navy. It is with great heaviness of heart and regret that I inform you I am no longer physically fit for the duty.

Regards,
William Franklin Knox,
Chief of Staff, United States Navy

((between work and starting school again, i will be unable to continue. Sorry for the delay in notice))

We are all sorry to see you go, Admiral, and wish you the best of luck in the future.

President Willkie
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, we need a new Chief of the Navy (again). I'd really, really prefer you own FTM, and you must at least own HOI3. If you're interested, post in thread or PM me.

Novatheorem/shierholzer, if you two want to get together and come up with a navy budget, be my guest, or we can wait until we've got a new CNO.

((IIRC shierholzer has to make some Atlantic plans, too))

((Indeed.))

I'm going to unofficially extend all deadlines until 2013, as I'm trying to keep my PC usage low until I can get a new video card. I'll still be on the forums, naturally, but I won't have a chance to play PDS games or update until the video card is replaced.