• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Bulgaria?
Aye: 9
Nay: 1

Kilia?
Diplomatic solution: 6
War: 4

Poland?
Diplomacy: 6
War: 4

We will address the possibility of invading Fascist Spain at a later time.

Last edited:
That's just it; it says "Liberate Poland", not "Liberate all of Poland." That's why we have to make it clear.

((going to be a very small wishlist for the navy if we're only about 6 months from end of game. Almost anything I can build wont be finished by then))

((going to be a very small wishlist for the navy if we're only about 6 months from end of game. Almost anything I can build wont be finished by then))

((That's fine. Honestly, we might skip the budget altogether; it'll depend how things work out.))

((When does the game actually end, anyway?))

((That's what we're working on. :) Officially, the idea is to complete all fifteen victory objections and liberate Poland; what we're deciding now is whether or not that means war with the USSR.))

Very well, in that case, I vote:

Bulgaria?
Aye

Kilia?
War: 3

Poland?
War

Votes added.

Obviously, for planning purposes, we aren't going to war with the USSR right away. We've still got Vichy, Japan, and Bulgaria to deal with.

((Going to war with the USSR is going to be brutal and deadly. Especially after we reposition to kill off Japan))

((If you all grant me the pleasure to attack the Soviets - c'mon people, vote for war ;) - we'd finish off Vichy and Bulgaria first*. Also, there most likely won't be a war with the Bear while we have any significant assets tied up in Japan. Note that Vladivostok is fair game when Korea is ours, so we will need some troops in the Pacific.))

*Unless someone objects. Which they won't.

About 36 hours to vote, give or take. I'll go ahead and take Bulgaria off the table; I will treat this vote as allowance to declare war whenever it's convenient (although I don't see why it couldn't be right now; I'll leave that to shierholzer).

The other two will remain open, since the votes are so close, until Wednesday at 10 PM (-6 GMT).

Kilia?
Diplomatic solution: 6
War: 5

Poland?
Diplomacy: 6
War: 5

In the meantime, shierholzer and Novatheorem should start thinking about what they'd need to finish off their jobs and maybe make requests of their chiefs; I don't think we'll do a formal budget unless we go to war with the USSR.

Last edited:
The democratic senator from missouri votes for war in both cases. We must stop the Russians now, or the threat of communism will continue to spread.

The democratic senator from missouri votes for war in both cases. We must stop the Russians now, or the threat of communism will continue to spread.

Votes added.

The other two will remain open, since the votes are so close, until Wednesday at 10 PM (-6 GMT).
Just from the technical side:
I could give us the needed provinces for sure, but could also implement a chance that Stalin declines.
Also, Stalin giving that land away (Eastern Poland is a quite big demand, since Poland grabbed that region 1919/20 from the soviets) means we have to give some land Stalin doesn't have already. This brings us to the next question: What land should we secede to the Soviets? Parts of China - Chiang would never allow? Parts of British colonies bordering the soviets - Churchill would kill us altogether? The only option halfway realistic is to give parts of free Europe away. In our scenario this is only the case for Finland, Sweden and Norway. We couldn't give Romania or Poland, since we need these, Hungary and Czechoslovakia wouldn't be accepted by anybody only halfway able of military thinking - possible soviet possessions would boost soviet border, while making it fairly easy to trap their entire garrison inside.
To be honest, for me there's no realistic situation, how allies could have gotten these provinces without going to war with Stalin.

I will treat this vote as allowance to declare war whenever it's convenient (although I don't see why it couldn't be right now; I'll leave that to shierholzer).
If we dow right now, we will see entire ATLCOM forces in disarray. If enemy troops advance unopposed at a given front, I will overreact and send nearly all its forces down there (That's why I invade Turkey right after I dow SOV as GER), all this guys will effectively blockade each other, since there're too few supplies and fuel around.

My fellow Senator has just done an excellent job at describing why this vote really doesn't matter in the way we think it does. Either we declare war and have the surprise effect, or we warn them in advance by entering a long process of fruitless negotiating.

Also, I'd most certainly ask one of the party leaders to filibuster any act that involves giving away free European land to the Soviets.

- Senator Ryan Marshall (D-NV)

We can discuss the particulars when we decide on peace or war. I still don't think it's been adequately established that we will demand the entirety of eastern Poland; after all, IRL, Poland was moved 100 miles to the west to accommodate the USSR (although we can certainly argue in our context that Stalin wasn't much help in WWII.)

My intent, if it's a diplomatic conference, would be to role play Stalin and respond to Senate proposals. I don't intend on having a chance for failure within the event(s) themselves, as we will have worked that out in advance.