• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
As a reminder, plans are due by 10:00 PM tomorrow (-6 GMT). However, if you guys need a little more time because of holidays and such, that's fine -- just let me know.

I would like to have one additional day. Things are more complicated than I thought.

Take your time. I'll bump ahead the deadline to Monday at 10 PM (-6 GMT).

Are there any more open Senatorial positions available? If so, I would like to take part in this simulation.

Always looking for new participants; find a state that's open (check the first page) and join in!

New Jersey is not listed there, are they open to be taken?

Yep. I just need a name and party affiliation, along whatever else you'd like to add.

Yep. I just need a name and party affiliation, along whatever else you'd like to add.
Just to be sure:
NJ isn't listed in the state list in post 1, nor have we any senators from there. Missing states are called "fair game", however I'm not sure what this means (the dictionary translation makes no sense in this case).

Missing states are called "fair game", however I'm not sure what this means (the dictionary translation makes no sense in this case).

((Well, according to the English assignments I made last week, fair game literally means "wildlife that may be hunted". So I guess in this case the expression means that the unlisted states may be chosen.))

Just to be sure:
NJ isn't listed in the state list in post 1, nor have we any senators from there. Missing states are called "fair game", however I'm not sure what this means (the dictionary translation makes no sense in this case).

((Well, according to the English assignments I made last week, fair game literally means "wildlife that may be hunted". So I guess in this case the expression means that the unlisted states may be chosen.))

((It's an English idiom; Gen. Marshall has the denotation correct. "Fair game" implies that something is allowable or permitted; dates back to medieval England, to distinguish the king's game (which is strictly hands off), from everyone else's. :) If I say something else you can't quite grasp, please let me know.))

Novatheorem, are you working on any plans for the next two months? We also need a Chief of the Army and Air Force still.

((I am working on plans. Just still trying to get a grasp on how I want to take on Japan... Plans will be in either way by tonight.))

((I am working on plans. Just still trying to get a grasp on how I want to take on Japan... Plans will be in either way by tonight.))

((In my simulations, taking all of the outlying islands (Saipan, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Marcus Island, and Taiwan are feasible in the next 60 days (in fact, many of my simulations have them taken in 30 days with much of the Japanese fleet damaged and decimated by CAGs and our one NAV group). That said, in all simulations, our fleet got fairly beat up and required repairs, but I didn't loose anything significant. The airbases on Saipan, Taiwan, and Okinawa need to be captured.))

((General note, once germany surrenders, as the save is now, we install democracy and the war starts again in a few months. Maybe we should change war goals to conquest or puppet))

((In my simulations, taking all of the outlying islands (Saipan, Okinawa, Iwo Jima, Marcus Island, and Taiwan are feasible in the next 60 days (in fact, many of my simulations have them taken in 30 days with much of the Japanese fleet damaged and decimated by CAGs and our one NAV group). That said, in all simulations, our fleet got fairly beat up and required repairs, but I didn't loose anything significant. The airbases on Saipan, Taiwan, and Okinawa need to be captured.))

((General note, once germany surrenders, as the save is now, we install democracy and the war starts again in a few months. Maybe we should change war goals to conquest or puppet))

((Thanks for the heads up; somebody at some point wanted to draft a bill that spells out the fate of Europe.))

Senators,

With your permission, I would like to present to the German ambassador a plan for an armistice similar to the one we gave to Hungary and Slovakia, with the final dispensation of Europe to be handled at a conference after the war.

((Vote either Aye or Nay. We'll puppet Germany and make other changes as needed later. Deadline is Wednesday at 10 PM (-6 GMT.)))

President Willkie

Aye - Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

Aye

- Sen. Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

With one more vote, it'll get passed by EVA.