• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Changes Senator Philips suggested have been added, I do hope you can now lift the filibuster, and we can get this bill passed to law

The Pacific - Asia Defense Act

Section 1

These United States of America Hear by Lays Claim to the Islands of Mili, Majuro, Jaluit, Maleolap, Kwajalein, Wotje, Bikini, Eniwetok, Kosrae, Ponape, Marcus Island, Saipan, Rota and Okinawa (Naha and Nago)

Section 2

These United States of America Consider themselves at a defensive state of war with the Empire of Japan, and do not seek to harm the Japanese Civilian Populace, These United States do however seek to have the Military and Government of the Empire of Japan Surrender to the terms outlined in this Act

Section 3

a) The Republic of China will have the full support of These United States, and we seek to form a lasting alliance
b) The Republic of China is guaranteed Independence by These United States
c) The Republic of China will be granted Military aid and Trade agreements from These United States
d) These United States recognize The Republic of Chinas Claim on the territories of Communist China, Xibei San Ma, Yunnan, Guangxi Clique, Manchuria and Taiwan
e) These United States will work with The Republic of China to hold free and fair elections, with in 5 years of peace with Japan

Section 4

a) These United States will take measures to allow the full Independence of the Philippines, once peace is settled with The Empire of Japan ((Un-Puppet))
b) The Philippines will be granted the provinces of North and South Palau, under the conditions that they be given the same rights and representation as the rest of the Philippines

Section 5

These United States recognize Australian claim on the following territories. Satawan, Truk, Ulul, Woleai, Pulusuk, Wolelai, Ulithi, Yap and Ngulu, under the conditions that they be given the same rights and representation as the rest of Australia

Section 6

These United States recognize the independence of Korea, and we will do all we can to help the region create a free and democratic nation

Section 7

These United States will work with the French Government, once it is liberated, to negotiate a democratic, self governed and truly free Indo-China that will be supported by both These United States and the Third French Republic.

Section 8

These United States Here by promise, that once peace is settled with Japan, all current Pacific territory held by These United States, and the Pacific Territory claimed by These United States in this document, will be granted statehood as a unified state to be know as "The Pacific Islands"

Signed,
Steven Hyde​

I agree with the latest version and hereby LIFT my fillibuster, and vote AYE on the new PADA.

My questions have been answered, and I feel that I agree with the new PADA more than any previous copy. Thus, I vote AYE on the matter of this bill.

Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

I vote AYE.

David Osborn
Michigan-Proud Republican

With the filibuster over, voting is now open!

Poll for PADA
Aye: 5
Nay: 1

Last edited:
I vote Aye on the PADA, I do fell the bill is stronger than it would be if not for the filibuster.

Signed,
Senator Steven Hyde, Wisconsin

I vote Aye on the PADA, I do fell the bill is stronger than it would be if not for the filibuster.

Signed,
Senator Steven Hyde, Wisconsin

Vote added.

I feel content with voting Aye on the PADA now.

- Sen. Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

Esteemed Colleagues,

The idea that we should make a plan for statehood of territory we do not even hold is both shortsighted and dangerous. Why would we want to grant the right to vote to people we have just added into our zone of control. This is dangerous to our national defense and I have no idea how this notion has gotten past so many of you. Perhaps it is because I a old-fashioned, but I will not let such a measure pass while I still draw breath. Therefore I vote NAY and hope to convince some of my fellow republicans to do the same.

Signed,
Senator F. M. Sackett, R-KY

"This can only strengthen the American people, I vote AYE!"

~Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan (D-OR)

Senators,

I have to say I have mixed feelings about the resulting act. Most of the act is fine, but releasing the Pacific Islands as a separate state, right after ending a war with Japan, might not be a good idea. Also, the island of Hawaii has one of the biggest harbours in the Pacific, Pearl Harbour. I do not think we should cede this strategically important island so easily.

Because of this, I will not vote on this issue. Let my opinion be clear to you all though, and may it help you to make the right decision.

Senator Marshall, I think you misunderstand, we will not be making them a Nation State, but a State of These United States, perhaps m writing was not clear enough, I hope I have cleared up the issue

In case I have to re-vote on the issue I vote aye.
- Senator Anikin
(I do have a question, since the 3rd Republic of France ceased to exist after the fall of France in World War 2, how does this affect the bill?)

I cast an AYE vote on the Pacific-Asia Defense Act. Excellent work Senator Hyde.

petergerry.png

Senator Peter G. Gerry - Rhode Island (D)

With only one "no" and one "abstention", I will go ahead and sign the PADA into law. That means, as soon as I have new plans from Novatheorem (if applicable) and Tom, I'll update. Let's say no later than Sunday at 10 PM (-6 GMT) for the plans, if not sooner, of course.

We have a lot of time before we finish with Japan, methinks, so if we need subsequent bills or even to repeal this one, that's fine.

Senator Marshall, I think you misunderstand, we will not be making them a Nation State, but a State of These United States, perhaps m writing was not clear enough, I hope I have cleared up the issue

Dear Senator Hyde,

I believe I owe you an apology. Of course, I agree with granting the Pacific Islands statehood. After a long day of hard work, I misread your proposal though. Luckily, the act got signed into law as of today, and my misinformed abstention did not decide the issue.

Congratulations;

Commander-in-Chief,

With the new developments of the PADA bill, I believe that risking the gains we have currently made by allowing the Japanese uncontested reign of the waters may be against the best interest of the Senate and the American people. With that being said, I'd like to go ahead and re-enact the preliminary plans setting up Operation Belligerence. We will wait for the reinforcements to be available before beginning Operation Belligerence, however.

Gen. Roy S. Geiger

General Geiger,

When do you expect to recieve these reinforcements? And how many ships will reinforce you?
I currently do not have access to the extended military reports ((I don't have FTM)), so if you or the president would care to shed some light on this, I would be very grateful.

Commander-in-Chief,

With the new developments of the PADA bill, I believe that risking the gains we have currently made by allowing the Japanese uncontested reign of the waters may be against the best interest of the Senate and the American people. With that being said, I'd like to go ahead and re-enact the preliminary plans setting up Operation Belligerence. We will wait for the reinforcements to be available before beginning Operation Belligerence, however.

Gen. Roy S. Geiger

General Geiger,

When do you expect to recieve these reinforcements? And how many ships will reinforce you?
I currently do not have access to the extended military reports ((I don't have FTM)), so if you or the president would care to shed some light on this, I would be very grateful.

Senator Marshall,

We do have four carriers earmarked for the Pacific Theater, but they are not scheduled to be completed until the end of 1943. If I understand General Geiger correctly, he does not plan to carry out any offensives until then.

Admiral Leahy, Presidential Chief of Staff