• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((We could split the Atlantic theater in two - I would take Northern Europe [France, the Benelux states, Germany, and Scandinavia], while Greek HOI3 would take Southern Europe [North Africa, Italy, the Balkans, and Germany]. It would make for a more interesting game if he and I get to argue over which approach will work better as in OTL.

Not sure what we could do about the Pacific theater - maybe have Southeast Asia become its own theater, as in real life, and have the Pacific theater be the Pacific islands, China, and Japan itself?))

If, when the war gets started, we want to work something like this out, that's fine. I don't really want to choose them now, because the war may end up being quite different for what we're anticipating. I'd let Tom and Vrael choose their own deputies, so you can bother them if you want to campaign for the positions :D

Also, Chiefs, we need to determine which air force and naval assets will go to which theater.

Chimina, do you want to stick with MacArthur as Army Chief of Staff, or did you have someone else in mind?

I vote Aye on Newman-Sharpe. We need to increase our military prowess for upcoming conflict.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire (R - MA)

Oregon Democrats vote Aye on the Newman-Sharpe bill.

~ Senator Sarah Quentin O'Hanahan, D-OR

Poll is now

Aye: 5
Nay: 0

((Nice touch, Tom :)))

Although I do not want a war, we must be prepared for any situation which may arise so I therefore vote Aye on the Newman-Sharpe Bill

Senator Peter Dawson, MD

I vote aye on the Newman-Sharpe bill

- Senator Charles Beckendorf, D-MA

We must be well prepared to save the world from the claws of evil. I vote Aye on the Newman-Sharpe bill!

- Senator John Linton, D-FL

We must be well prepared to save the world from the claws of evil. I vote Aye on the Newman-Sharpe bill!

- Senator John Linton, D-FL

Aye: 8

As a reminder, if you have questions or (for some reason) oppose the confirmation of our new Commanders and Chief of the Army, you have until Friday to do that. ((Those that were not nominated may ask questions but cannot officially challenge the candidacy of the three nominees.))

((Nice touch, Tom :)))

((Thanks. Ah do try to represent mah noble Southern heritage. ;)

Also, do we need to pick a general to fill our actual in-game Theater slot? If so, I call MacArthur, since I've been playing as him anyway.))

((Thanks. Ah do try to represent mah noble Southern heritage. ;)

Also, do we need to pick a general to fill our actual in-game Theater slot? If so, I call MacArthur, since I've been playing as him anyway.))

((You'd have to ask your boss, Chimina, about that :)))

We're at

Aye: 9

I vote Nay on the Newman Sharpe bill, I feel that is devotes far too much to officers at the cost of research when there is no imminent threat to our nation.

-Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]
Senator Rudolph, I wished to address your concern. I had the congressional budget office research the time it would take to call up the appropriate number of officers to provide 100% of the required officer to soldier ratio needed for good leadership. Leaving 1 point for Education to complete the CBO estimates it will take approximately 106 days to get the necessary number of officers. Education is projected to finish within that time frame giving us more LS points to use. During that time where we are recruiting our officer corps, we lose none of the accumulated research everything just pauses until re-funded. After the ~100 days, we resume our research priorities at a somewhat slower pace while now funding recruitment, espionage, and diplomacy as well. There should be little danger in my humble opinion.
Richard Newman (R) Georgia.

((Basically I loaded up the game and ran it from the time I could get rid of all volunteer army. It actually runs into the next budget year, so we can reconsider the cumulative effect at that time if we wish to do so))

Senator Rudolph, I wished to address your concern. I had the congressional budget office research the time it would take to call up the appropriate number of officers to provide 100% of the required officer to soldier ratio needed for good leadership. Leaving 1 point for Education to complete the CBO estimates it will take approximately 106 days to get the necessary number of officers. Education is projected to finish within that time frame giving us more LS points to use. During that time where we are recruiting our officer corps, we lose none of the accumulated research everything just pauses until re-funded. After the ~100 days, we resume our research priorities at a somewhat slower pace while now funding recruitment, espionage, and diplomacy as well. There should be little danger in my humble opinion.
Richard Newman (R) Georgia.

((Basically I loaded up the game and ran it from the time I could get rid of all volunteer army. It actually runs into the next budget year, so we can reconsider the cumulative effect at that time if we wish to do so))

Senator Newman, thank you for detailed analysis of our problem. I am certain the other Senators appreciate it as well.

President Roosevelt

Poll is

Aye: 10
Nay: 1

With such an overwhelming vote, I will sign the Newman-Sharpe amendment into law. I also consider the appointments of our new Chief of the Army and Theater Commanders confirmed.

I will have an update for you tonight!

((BTW, are the 10 PM (-6 GMT) deadlines a problem for anybody? I can move them around if it'd be easier for the majority of you.))

((It's no problem for me, it gives me all night to think about what to do. :p))