• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The United States should stay out of the Spanish Civil War, as tragic as it is. As to aligning to any of the factions, I advocate continuing our Isolationist stance and I also say Aye to Astor.

-Senator Clark Gable

Honored Senators and Representatives,

I would like to meet with any Senator who plans to submit a budget proposal for 1937, in order to present the Army's production and research priorities for the coming year.

General Douglas MacArthur,
Chief of Staff of the United States Army

Honored Senators and Representatives,

I would like to meet with any Senator who plans to submit a budget proposal for 1937, in order to present the Army's production and research priorities for the coming year.

I'm up to it.

- Senator Elexis Sinclaire

((I hate to doublepost, but this is for IC development.))

Although I've yet to find a cosponsor, I have taken the time to telegram General MacArthur regarding the state of the Army. With the new year, he's made new goals. And to meet said goals, he needs the help of us Congressmen. He's approved of me publishing the telegram, and if any Senator wishes to cosponsor a bill with me, feel free to ask.

Ah, Senator Sinclaire, thank you for your prompt response. As I'm sure you're a busy woman, I'll try to keep my explanation of our needs as brief as possible.

Research: We will need 12 points of leadership devoted to Army research so that we can achieve technological parity with our potential enemies. I recognize that I am demanding an abnormally large amount of resources for a single service, but we need this research to finish our development of assault tanks and motorized infantry and advance all of our doctrines to present-day levels. If we receive this level of commitment this year, I am willing to scale back Army research to 8 points in 1938, and 6 points every year after that.

Production: We will need 60 IC, as I plan to order a second Rapid Response Corps to defend the Philippines from foreign aggression. Unfortunately, I cannot give specific cost estimates at this time, this amount of industrial capacity should ensure its completion within the year. I realize that this recruitment will increase the strain on our economy; consequently, though Congress' industrial and economic policies are outside of my purview, I recommend that Congress sponsor the production of consumer goods in our factories to counteract this.

I would be delighted to endorse any bill that contained these provisions. More substantively, the new Rapid Response Corps will need its home base in a coastal state, and I believe Boston - with its unparalleled infrastructure and strategic position on the Eastern Seaboard - would be an excellent headquarters. As we are presently short of medical supplies, and I have strong confidence in SinTEK Industries' capability to provide the tools we need to save our soldiers' lives, such an agreement would be beneficial for all involved.

Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me. As ever, I wish you, your staff, and your company all the best.

Sincerely,

MacArthur promises to keep his word on everything promised within this telegram. I believe this past is best for our economy, so I'm looking for a fellow Senator to cosponsor a bill with. If anyone wishes to do so, please telegram me or state so publically.

The technological developments MacArthur talks about were included in the budget I proposed last year, so I am willing to co-sponsor a bill that includes them. However, I cannot solidify my stance on the Industrial production and other research programmes until I have received accurate information about our current status.

-Sen. Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]

The technological developments MacArthur talks about were included in the budget I proposed last year, so I am willing to co-sponsor a bill that includes them. However, I cannot solidify my stance on the Industrial production and other research programmes until I have received accurate information about our current status.

Perhaps you could contact the President, our Arnaments Minister, or perhaps even MacArthur himself. As I lack such information, I can not really help.

I already have and he will provide the information, it's just a matter of time.

- Sen. Thomas Rudolf [R-OH]

I'm glad to hear. If you approve, I'll begin cosponsoring with you.

Overpower comedy movies 2011

Just like extreme sports, horror movies give you an adrenaline rush full of thrill and fear.Some people enjoy being scared in a safe kind of way and others get a kick out of it.
That’s a quite huge number to imagine the types of bugs and insects like the Giant Weta. The following list is not made on the base of the poison, venom or biting ratio but the list is basically related to those bugs and insects which are massively huge in size as compared to other bugs and insects.
As they are liked by children and they choose their hero and try to act and behave likewise. Moreover every animated character teaches some moral lesson.

Not only kids, but the young generation also has fallen for its addictive taste as so have the elders. As candies are a definite part of our life nowadays, and most of us can’t live without them.Candies have the maximum business globally after tobacco it is sold are over the world and has the perfect computation
They might not inspire you to face your boss or the nosey neighbor, but they do have a special place in our hearts. Some have even been featured in movies and others have inspired huge franchises ranging from comics to clothes! Behold the Top 10 Popular Video Game Heroes list

It was not until the 19th century that people finally accepted the fact that the Sun was not a stationary body and was, in fact, a star. Paying homage to the star which was worshipped by our ancestors for millions of years, the diameter of the new found stars is roughly calculated with respect to the sun’s radius, hereto referred as solar radii
Diamonds are a cause of attraction for every man and women and owning diamond jewellery is considered a big luxury by most of the people. One of the most attractive and expensive diamonds which, being every woman’s dream, is the ‘Wittelsbach’ which is 35.56 carats blue diamond mined in India. Although their prices vary a bit, readers will find our gathered information quite correct and accurate.
The latest, hottest and most exciting topic under discussion nowdays is the Cricket world cup 2011. After looking in to detailed stats of cricket World cup 2011 performance, matches history and stats the following is the list prepares of top 10 cricket teams after the world cup 2011
Being taller is a good quality and plus point in most of the aspects of life and if you look it from a professional point of view then tall people have many more plus points then a normal heighted person because this being a tall ability enhances their personality and impression as well.

This can be done by ambush or pursuit. However, the same can be said about a fish which is running for its life! It is amazing to know how fast the top 10 fastest fishes can move.

Having a laugh at others’ expense is good enough as long as it is done in good spirits.

The total area of our planet earth is round about 510 million square kilometers.

It is the nature of every human being that whenever something unique is seen by him he/she is attracted towards that. It is the source of depression for men whenever they see a women standing nearby is taller in height than a men, taller women are source of entertainment for many people.
Water used to be the number one thirst quencher but nowadays it is only good for washing your clothes! Beverages include a large variety of drinks like Tea, Milkshakes, Coffee and other alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks. High-fructose corn syrup or other sweeteners and flavoring are the main ingredients of any soft drink along with carbonated water.

expensive jewelry ssc ultimate aero Top Iconic Dresses Happy New Year Quotes

Updating the save game as we speak; sorry about the wait, my internet's been kind of crazy at home.

EDIT: Save game is up under State of the Union.

Foreign Policy:

Isolation 6
Allies 1
Comintern 1

Astor:

Aye 8
Nay 0.

SCW-As it is a civil war neither these United States,Europeans,or the Bolshevik meance dserves to be getting involved in Spain's affairs.
Foreign Policy- I vote to continue Isolationism the United States must stay out of world affairs.
Astor- I also confirm his appointment

Sen. Cornelius Fredrickson of VA.

SCW-As it is a civil war neither these United States,Europeans,or the Bolshevik meance dserves to be getting involved in Spain's affairs.
Foreign Policy- I vote to continue Isolationism the United States must stay out of world affairs.
Astor- I also confirm his appointment

Sen. Cornelius Fredrickson of VA.

With the Senator's vote for Astor, we need one more vote to officially confirm his appointment (we need a simple majority, or half + 1).

Isolation 7
Comintern 1
Allies 1

My aims

SCW-The Spanish CIvil War is a Right wing attack to left wingers and conservatives.However I demand embargo of Nat.Spain until the end of the war

Foreign Policy -Isolationist

Foreign Policy

Isolationist 9
Allies 1
Comintern 1

Astor is confirmed as the new head of Intelligence.

Does any Senator wish to support Senator Sarigis' bill (which I guess we'd call the Spanish Embargo Act :D)?

The Spanish Embargo Act

The Spanish Civil War,althrough it happens away from our borders,is still a big interest to America.We can't just let the Nationalists pass.So we also say NO PASARAN to them.WE won't get our guns and fight but fight them economically.So I propose

1)Embargo of Nationalist Spain to all American goods
2)Help of Republican Spain by trading to them supplies for money.That helps America too
3)I do not support this fully but I want the US to send a warning in the League of Nations for the stooping of Trade between any nation to Nationalist Spain.Or else we will think what we will do..

Signed,
Senator John Sarigis of South Carolina

My aims

SCW-The Spanish CIvil War is a Right wing attack to left wingers and conservatives.However I demand embargo of Nat.Spain until the end of the war

Foreign Policy -Isolationist

If we are truely to keep to our Isolationist stance, we should NOT embargo Nat. Spain, as this would be interfering outside of our sphere of Influence, and we therefore have no right to do so.

If we are truely to keep to our Isolationist stance, we should NOT embargo Nat. Spain, as this would be interfering outside of our sphere of Influence, and we therefore have no right to do so.

When I say be Isolationist I don't say "I don't care about the rest of the World" However you have the right to support not to embargo Nat. Spain as you are a true Right-Wing Senator

When I say be Isolationist I don't say "I don't care about the rest of the World" However you have the right to support not to embargo Nat. Spain as you are a true Right-Wing Senator

I will oppose this bill with my last living breath, we have no right to get involved in a Civil War, and seeing as we didn't embargo Italy nor Germany, I would like to say to my fellow Senators that to support this bill would be to break with our previous laws and this bill shouldn't pass the Senate Floor.

Ladies and Gentlemen of the Senate,

Last year during our budget debate I made several warnings against the Beckendorf Bill. Now, many of these warnings have come to pass. Our government has been wasting its resources on corrupt, bloated, and non - nonsensical expenditures which are dramatically harming our armed forces. Before presenting my budget, I shall use this opportunity to present the major problems I have found in the status quo.

Leadership

Point 1: Diplomacy
Generous funding has bloated the state department which has doubled its amount of diplomatic influence from 65 to 115, even while conducting the necessary trade deals. The allocation of one entire leadership to Diplomacy is clearly too much.

Point 2: Officers
As the world is currently at peace with the sad exception of Spain there is little incentive for talented individuals to join our armed forces. I contend that we should reduce our focus on recruiting Officers and re - allocate it to research which is lagging far behind.

Point 3: Espionage
Last year I warned that the Beckendorf bill would result in massive wast in our intelligence departments. This has come to pass. Please examine the current list of agents around the world:

spies.jpg

As you can see, we have an utterly ludicrous number of spies, with scores taking state funded vacations in exotic locales such as Mexico, Cuba, Costa Rica, Panama, El Salvador, Guatemala, and the list goes on! I am all for an active intelligence service, the the current Intelligence budget is clearly outrageously large!

Research

Point 1: The Army
As I warned last year, the army's research and development programs have been severely underfunded. In all areas, we lag behind the rest of the world. Examining these spreadsheets we can clearly see that a greater focus is needed on infantry, armor, and artillery to bring our armies up to date.

2012-01-21_00020.jpg

2012-01-21_00021.jpg

Point 2: The Navy
Our naval designs are far behind and in dire need up updating. Our designs for all classes of ships are obsolete! Priority should be given to updating our Carrier, Destroyer, and Cruiser designs, in that order.

2012-01-21_00022.jpg

2012-01-21_00023.jpg

Point 3: The Air Force
Our air power is still at the forefront of modern technology. Clearly no research needs to be expended in developing new airplane designs this year.

2012-01-21_00024.jpg

2012-01-21_00025.jpg

Point 4: Industry
The Beckendorf Bill's focus on Industrial research had resulted in wasted effort on technologies just becoming practical. Industrial research begun at the beginning of last year is not even half done! To recoup the lost opportunities last year we must shift focus from expensive futuristic industrial technologies to vital and necessary naval and army technologies. Only once these technologies become practical should we attempt them.

2012-01-21_00026.jpg

Point 5: Doctrines
While up to date strategies are crucial, we should focus first on modernizing our equipment. Then while building it we can research how best to use it. Last year's budget has resulted in expenditures on naval and air doctrines which while useful are far less important that upgrading our obsolete navy and army equipment. I believe that this year we must refocus all doctrinal research to upgrading our equipment, only resuming it once we have modernized our equipment. I will not show our doctrinal spreadsheets for the sake of brevity, but I encourage you all to examine them yourselves at your leisure.

Production
Although not a badly mismanaged as our research, there is great inefficiency in our production. First, I wish to note that we are producing several obsolete units! We are the laughingstock of the civilized world for producing ten artillery brigades which were OBSOLETE BEFORE THE GREAT WAR! This means that they will only need to be massively upgraded once modern models have been researched. Likewise the naval units under production will be obsolete before they have been finished! We are also wasting resources on upgrading our army to still obsolete models. It would make far more sense to suspend upgrading our units until we have researched modern equipment! This will reduce our overall expenditures on upgrades. Finally, I would like to note that the several factories under construction are being build inefficiently with little practical experience.

Conclusions
Ladies and Gentlemen, it is clear that there is an urgent need to change our research and industrial priorities! Senator Sinclair and I are hard at work on a budget which will modernize our forces and not waste industrial capacity. Although the necessary research path is clear, I wish to ask your opinions on these key points before finalizing our industrial budget:

• Should we cancel factory construction and instead construct naval forts and air bases in the Pacific? When these are done in six months we can resume factory construction with a 15% reduction in time and required IC
  • Currently the supply routes to the West Coast are unreliable. President Roosevelt has noted that our troops in the Pacific are under-supplied. What are your opinions on infrastructure improvements?
  • I believe that the only units we can produce this year are aeroplanes. It will take the entire year to modernize our land an naval designs. Thus, we should devote our entire IC to producing airplanes and internal improvements (factories, Infrastructure, airfields, coastal forts, etc...) until modern designs become available next year. This will give us the most modern forces for the least cost.

I am happy to hear your suggestions and answer your questions while developing the '37 Budget which is forthcoming. Even a cursory review of our industrial and research efforts reveals that the nation is in dire need of major budgetary change! Thank you for your time.