• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
((And Truman's not VP. Wilkie won in 1940, much to my dismay))

detail details. I'm almost tempted to change my character to Truman.....almost

((Dismay? I love Willkie myself. Why else would I also love to be his successor? Hehehe.))

((I actually don't know much about Willkie... even though I'm an American, I focus on heavily on Europe in my research, so little things like Wendell do escape me from time to time. ;)))

((I actually don't know much about Willkie... even though I'm an American, I focus on heavily on Europe in my research, so little things like Wendell do escape me from time to time. ;)))

((I could always help.))

((I will keep this in mind. :)))

((I'm an American history geek, so at the very worst, I just have to look up some facts to refresh my memory. I'm an American majoring in History so, so this is a good thing.))

I kinda wish I was majoring in history, but I don't see any jobs except being a teacher.

You can get other jobs, but you pretty much have to stick with it to the PhD level. It's not for everybody.

Tom has been strangely quiet the last couple of days. Is there anybody interested in filling a Deputy Theater Commander spot? Your job would be to fill in for him when he can't make it. You'd need FTM, obviously. I'll give him until Monday, unless I hear from him one way or the other.

I can fill the slot if you dont mind me double dipping as a senator (wouldnt be the first time in history a commander was also in office)

We seem to be short a secretary of the navy as well, not a good thing coming up on the fight vs Japan

((PACCOM is pretty much on hold until the Eastern European front is resolved after a few pretty dire fights in the Pacific, but you have a point.))

Dresdor, do you own FTM? I don't see an icon for it. And no, I don't mind double dipping :)

On an unrelated topic:

I do have it, for some reason I never registered it on the forum, fixing that now.

I do have it, for some reason I never registered it on the forum, fixing that now.

So you have; let me know if you want one spot or the other.

So you have; let me know if you want one spot or the other.

Let me see what condition the navy is in at this point. I've only recently started manually doing things with my navies, usually leaving the AI to mismanage them (so naturally I'm more comfortable with the land part of things).

Let me see what condition the navy is in at this point. I've only recently started manually doing things with my navies, usually leaving the AI to mismanage them (so naturally I'm more comfortable with the land part of things).

Take your time; we won't need a Navy Secretary until 1944 anyway.

Does that mean I'm not allowed to recommend changes to the OOB/etc until that time? I understand budgetary concerns not being changed until a new one comes along, but general deployments/OOB/etc would be fun to tinker with right now (for instance, I just noticed our older carriers have about the same speed as our newer battleships, which means we could free up some of our faster CLs to run with our newer CVs, and have a battleship/old carrier task group that is well suited to supporting amphibious assaults)

That said, in tinkering with the save, I'm very sad that you cannot make fast battleships in this game. I was looking forward to stripping down the armor on a battleship to make it fast enough to run with a fleet carrier, but saddly it will never be so, as speed is only increased by engines, not decreased by armor and armaments.

TBH, if I'm not doing anything as secretary of Navy until '44, I'd rather be a temporary field commander.

I'm a little confused as to our previous naval strategy. Seems like we've been mixing battleships and carrier forces quite a bit. I always thought it was generally a better strategy to specialize (with the US I usually go for cruisers and carriers, relying on the mantra of anything that can catch me I can destroy and anything that cannot, is superfluous), to build up your practicals and get technology swiftly (and be able to quickly build new ships).

If I am going to take over the navy, I'll be honest, BB construction is going to take a major back seat to new CV production, backed up by cruisers. I don't recall what our tech is for BCs, but I doubt its very good at this point.

Last edited: