• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Uhtred Ragnarso

Corporal
52 Badges
Jun 7, 2012
  • Cities in Motion
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Rome Gold
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Surviving Mars
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Prison Architect
  • War of the Roses
  • Victoria 2
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Impire
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Cities: Skylines
The base-building/city building games are a booming again now.

But since Majesty 1, there isn't a game that has an ambition to make a "fantasy kingdom sim".

As the title sugests: we need a sequel. When Paradox announced Imperator Rome, I gained hope, as EU:ROME was a great game, but almost forgot.

So, are we going to see a decent sequel to this awsome game?

• 7Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
I've been told that Driftlands: The Magic Revival is a promising 'spiritual successor' of sorts, but unfortunately I'm not aware that Paradox themselves have any particular interest in refloating the franchise.

Reactions:
It would be amazing if they did. I truly loved the original game. The humor was fantastic. The game as a whole game a Dungeon Keeper style vibe, with it's humor and not direct unit control. Sadly it's unlikely Paradox will revive the series.

Reactions:
I would really love to see Paradox revive the Majesty series. Even dusting off Majesty 2 with a "Steam re-release" to see if they could bring it back to life and generate some interest (and thus update multiplayer) would be a great start.

I love this game.

Reactions:
I would really love to see Paradox revive the Majesty series. Even dusting off Majesty 2 with a "Steam re-release" to see if they could bring it back to life and generate some interest (and thus update multiplayer) would be a great start.

I love this game.

That would be the wrong approach in my opinion since Majesty 2 didn't have the charm of the original anyway. It was too difficult, and required you to play it more like a puzzle game figuring out the required solution by a certain day or lose. Like if every mission was Master difficulty from the first game. Playing almost more like a stressful RTS than a fun Sim game.

I do agree there is a market for Majesty 3 though. City builders/sims are still a hot product right now. It just needs to find an identity for itself. I think the original vision of the developers of the first game for their Majesty 2 would have been best. Where they seemed to be planning on making it more of a city builder. Something like Tropico but with fantasy heroes to recruit.

• 1Love
Reactions:
What I really liked in Majesty 2 (compared to the original) is the Monster kingdom. I really hope that if Majesty 3 will ever be created it will have some playable non-human kingdom(s).

Reactions:
Hey what's this game like? What games would you compare it to? Thinking about signing up for Twitch Prime to get this game free.

Hey what's this game like? What games would you compare it to? Thinking about signing up for Twitch Prime to get this game free.
Do it. Majesty is loads of fun.

Reactions:
Finally got around to getting this and I already want Majesty 3 lol.

• 1Like
Reactions:
To be honest majesty 2 was pretty bad, if they are making majesty 3 they should stay close to how the original majesty was , and for goodness sake put some character into the heroes

• 1Like
Reactions:
I really miss a game similar to the first Majesty, and even if 2 was a misstep, I really hope you'll eventually make M3. There is nothing like it in the market, and I'd love to see a more modern version of the franchise

Reactions:
I enjoyed this series, definitely up for a sequel.

Though re-playing the game again, I wish there was something more focused on the guilds/adventurers themselves as an added element. Like how CK2 has multiple layers, but also you can customise the adventurers and it is the same ones (like Lord's Hall but expanded).

• 1Love
Reactions:
I also want Majesty 3, with less humor and more realism. Maybe it will have elements from SimCity, but what whould be most fun is to construct new inventory weapons like in Torchlight 3 and bid for quests , dynamic hero classes ( what it uses or actions it does create the class he will be), the whole idea would be how to create and evolve the heroes without direct control ( like they are free people who have different personality ) and improve their economic situation and see the heros prosper with their own sims homes maybe (eventually maybe they go rogue and become vilans because corruption).
Also important would be a great story and events like in Crusade Kings and maybe you have a map and conquest neighbours like in Civilization series. Having romances and great accomplishments, heroes like in Fabel with brotherhoods between them, and quests like in MMOs.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: