• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nikolai

Basileus Romaion
78 Badges
Jun 17, 2001
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Supreme Ruler: Cold War
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Magicka
  • March of the Eagles
With Federations out, I just had to play some more Stellaris. :D

I chose a 600 stars galaxy, difficulity level one level up. Is that Commodore? I don't remember. :p All my neighbours were superior in all fields when I met them, though. :eek: Good thing we have envoys these days. :)

Playing as humanoids with the ring world start, I plan to initially write an overview of the various species in the galaxy, as well as the civilizations out there. We'll see where it goes after that. :)

The Sildor Commonwealth
The Sildor Commonwealth

We are the Sildor Commonwealth. Where we come from, is shrouded in mystery. The thing we do know, is we did not origin on our home. Not home planet. Home. Because what we live in, is not a planet. It is a marvel of engineering. Not our doing, however.

We live in the only surviving, or rather, still functioning ring section of what we call a ring world. We have lived here for millennia, alone, without the makers that legend tells us once watched over us. Who they were, how they looked, or where they went, we do not know. Even less, we do not know why we were placed on this ring world, or where we originated. Legends, again, talk of Earth. The mystical origin world where we once thrived. Legends might be wrong. It is a name, a story. In essence, we know little of what we were.

NOD5MJx.png

Our home, the ring world, as of 2359.

We know who we are, though. We are Sildor. An egalitarian species, and we love the alien world of the stars. The planets, the fauna, the animals. And the aliens out there. It has been over 150 years since we took the stars. We have spread our wings, expanded far and wide, created a federation, befriended aliens – both individualists like ourselves and hive minds.

It would take well over 100 years before we waged war, and then it was on the two empires that constantly warred against their neighbours and sent countless refugees our way. The exterminating robots and their fanatical purifying neighbors. War is not something we wish, but it was necessary in the end. War should never be taken lightly, and only be done when strictly necessary.

vtk1IjV.png

Our capital world, still with plenty of space, as of 2359.

In the following, I will record the species of our Commonwealth and our neighbours – both friends and foes. I hope it will be of some assistance for future scholars to know how this galaxy of ours look in this year 2359, who lives in it and – perhaps – how the history of us Sildors have been after we entered the hyperlanes some 150 years ago.

As I write this, the first of the ruined ring sections on our home ring world has finished repairing, the other one planned to begin reconstruction soon. The third and final, it seems will never be repaired. It is too damaged. But we have recently discovered another ring world in the Cybrex home system, hopefully it will soon be a new home for our Commonwealth.

fnuMmHT.png

The galaxy as it stands in 2359.

Our species also recently discovered how to build other amazing megastructures, and only a few months ago the first gateways began construction. Soon, we hope to build the science nexuses and sentry arrays we recently discovered how to construct. It truly is an amazing time to be alive.

One of those very interesting and intriguing Origins to play with. Can't wait to see how your run went and how starting on a ringworld worked out for you. Subbed!

One of those very interesting and intriguing Origins to play with. Can't wait to see how your run went and how starting on a ringworld worked out for you. Subbed!
Welcome! :) The ringworld is amazing, 159 years in I still have plenty of space for new pops (having 144 pops there), and it's only one section. You start with a surplus of food well over 100 per month, and while building districts cost a lot (I think it was something like 10k minerals and 100 of differing rare resources) and thus can't be built immidiately, they give a LOT when first built. The research district give for example 80/80/80 research, base production for the agricultural district is 120 food and it has 20 farmer jobs. :eek: As you can see above in the first update, my capital is producing over 400 science in each department. That's about half of my total in each, and I have 24 planets/ring sections.

I myself am playing a Shattered Ring origin. It's kind of OP since you can sell all the food your initial segment makes to fuel your economy and trade for resources to build up your empire.

I myself am playing a Shattered Ring origin. It's kind of OP since you can sell all the food your initial segment makes to fuel your economy and trade for resources to build up your empire.
Yes, my main hindrance was getting the tech for the rare resources needed to improve the ring districts.

Welcome! :) The ringworld is amazing, 159 years in I still have plenty of space for new pops (having 144 pops there), and it's only one section. You start with a surplus of food well over 100 per month, and while building districts cost a lot (I think it was something like 10k minerals and 100 of differing rare resources) and thus can't be built immidiately, they give a LOT when first built. The research district give for example 80/80/80 research, base production for the agricultural district is 120 food and it has 20 farmer jobs. :eek: As you can see above in the first update, my capital is producing over 400 science in each department. That's about half of my total in each, and I have 24 planets/ring sections.
So everything is basically aplenty, but how do you actually get your minerals?

So everything is basically aplenty, but how do you actually get your minerals?
IIRC, it comes from the home system. As you can see partly from the first screenshot the yields from the wrecked ring section, and from the (obscured) broken planet, is pretty big.

Fun. I broke the game with the ringworld origin. XD

Excellent

The First Neighbors
The First Neighbors

DUqV3qb.png

The Sildor species as of 2359.

The first alien civilization we Sildor met in the vastness of space, was a species as different to us as we could imagine. A Collective Consciousness – a Hive Mind – how can an individualist society such as ours fathom how that works? The Ymacera Collective was foreign, curious, fascinating, impressive in their might. Their technology was advanced, their economy strong, their fleets massive. We feared for our future.

HzOlMW1.png

The Ymacera as of 2359.

These Molluscoid aliens proved to be friendly inclined, though. We soon established a presence on their capital planet – the only planet these aliens would inhabit for a long time before their second planet, and so far, only colony, was settled a century in. This lack of expansion to new worlds, which was due to their native planet being a perfect Gaia world and thus they had little ability to settle “lesser” planets, was not mirrored in a lack of expansion to new systems.

eFwryQx.png

Ymacca, the Ymacera capital world.

Their empire soon grew far and wide, but their power compared to ours soon diminished. As of 2359, their fleets are greatly inferior to ours, their technological knowhow the same, while their economic size is frankly pathetic compared to us. They are great friends of our species, though, and an associate member of our federation – the Glorious Gracious.

fa0iIR2.png

The H’Runi as of 2359.

The second alien civilization we met, were the H’Runi Communality. These aliens were also quite a different civilization to ours, but for different reasons. These aliens are a Lithoid species, made not out of flesh, but of rock. If that was not fascinating and different enough, they also kept a wholly different view on the world beyond their own species and space. Xenophobic and isolationist in nature, our relations have not been close, but we do maintain friendly relations – if distant. They were on our encounter already strong in all fields, fleet size as well as economy and technological prowess.

rrOMoxx.png

The H’Runi home world as of 2359.

As opposed to the Ymacera, these aliens have expanded not only in systems, but also in inhabited planets. Inhabiting only five planets less than us Sildor, these Lithoids have spread to no less than 22 planets, all inhabited by themselves and some robots. While our Empire has a larger total population number, of 850 population units against their 788, are we as as species dwarfed by theirs – 106 PU of Sildor against 750 PU of H’Runi. This big growth has also made this Empire equivalent to ours in both fleet power and economic power, us only dwarfing them in technology level.

I like Lithoids :)

Species of the Sildor Commonwealth – Top Five
Species of the Sildor Commonwealth – Top Five

In the year 2359, a total number of 24 species – not counting subspecies – inhabited the Sildor Commonwealth. The most populous of these, although not by a large degree, was us Sildor ourselves. As a species, we have a continental preference, and are widely considered charismatic and generally strong, and sedentary in nature. While our Commonwealth number 27 planets and ring sections, few are suited for us, and thus we have relied on our fellow, alien, species to expand. In 2359, we live on a total of seven planets.

mnazPUv.png

The second most populous species in our Commonwealth is the Saathid. These intelligent Arthropods were the first of the so far in total three species we Sildor have enlightened from a primitive state, having just reached the industrial age when we encountered them decades ago. After a time as subjects, they were incorporated into our state as a species with full rights, and soon colonized space. Their species now live on a total of eleven planets.

The third most populous species in our Commonwealth is a real interesting case. The Rcket are mammals, but they have no known home planet. They all come from a group of traveling traders that often visit our worlds, and sometimes some of them settle on our worlds. The only psionic species in our Commonwealth, these guys inhabit eleven planets.

The avian Qravadox is another species with no home world. Coming from persecution by the now extinct exterminating robots and the fanatical purifyers in the eastern parts of the galaxy, they have thrived under Sildor rule and now inhabit fourteen planets. In addition to this, visiting traders have seen this species gain two hybrid species, the Half-Oviir and Half-Ferbanite, both inhabiting two planets.

h5Si3Cs.png

The fifth most populous species in Sildor space is the Tharbarite, a Lithoid species orginating in Ymacera space. The Ymacera conquered this then primitive species, adding their home world of Codria III as their first colony. As the Ymacera is a hive mind, the Tharbarite was not able to remain on their home world, fleeing certain death and ending up in Sildor space. Their main species live on twelve of our planets but have also diverged into no less than four sub-species, living on nine, five, two and two planets, respectively.