We are proud to announce “Gangs”, the next expansion for Prison Architect!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

emmasterakia

Community Developer
6 Badges
Mar 27, 2018
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
E7RVfZIRVVi8Bx-g1VdhOAGXyYlqPRD8npvl5uLCC59s-fjXBspW5kqLaZ8wmbQ52RFk1AMf_-17RBjig0K8mmQ4TvK7VJC13Nz3uj3KBMR01R3jdgdVqj4LfLt7bIcUDVzecFkijNp_cOmNWQ

Paradox Interactive and Double Eleven are proud to present Gangs, the seventh expansion for Prison Architect. By introducing gang warfare, Gangs adds another level of chaos to your prison. Bring order to your correctional facility and manage its Boiling Point, reforming gang members and protecting inmates and staff. Prison Architect: Gangs will be released on June 14th on PC, Xbox One & PlayStation 4. (And Nintendo Switch during the summer).

Get the squad together and watch a trailer for Gangs here:

Show gangs who’s boss by enforcing a strict code of conduct among your inmates, and turn gang members into valuable members of society. Gangs will form and grow throughout your facility, with each group having their own personality and reputation. As a result, inmates with certain traits will naturally be attracted to specific gangs. Take inventory on your population by measuring your prison’s “temperature”, which will get hotter (read: more dangerous) as gangs grow and flex their muscle.

Wardens can enact methods of inmate reform and release, with programs like Gang Rehabilitation, to slow the spread of gang activity. State of the art rooms are available for architects, with options to install a tattoo removal center or a regulated fight club (Shhh!) for prisoners to get out their aggression. Watch out for Crooked guards, as they may try to smuggle in contraband or accept bribes from gang leaders. Wardens can weed these bad seeds out during the hiring process and recruit investigators to identify guards who have become corrupt.

Prison Architect: Gangs Key Features:
  • Meet the gang: Gangs form and grow by gang members arriving by in-take or by recruitment. Each gang has its own personality and traits, and will naturally be drawn to recruiting prisoners with the same specific attributes.
  • Boiling Point: Now you can measure your inmates and your prison’s “temperature”. As gangs grow and begin to flex their strength, the 'danger temperature' of your prison will rise. Thanks to the 'Boiling point' UI, you get a detailed overview of what's affecting the life of your inmates, allowing you to act swiftly, keeping them happy, and preventing irrepressible riots.
  • Reform and release: Gang members are now allowed to leave their crew, help them come clean by enrolling them in the Gang Rehabilitation Program and removing their tattoos.
  • New rooms: Use the Tattoo Removal Room to remove gangs' tattoos, or have gang members train in the Fight Club Room, turning their destructive energy into fighting in a controlled environment.
  • Crooked guards: Gangs may coerce guards into smuggling contraband or accepting bribes. You can vet guards during the hiring process (Bureaucracy) as well as recruit C.I.s to identify guards that have turned.

Launching alongside the Gangs expansion is Kite, a FREE update available to all players. This update brings a variety of improvements to Prison Architect including, more wardens, more guard dogs, a room size mutator and much more. Kite also introduces prison capacity options, allowing players to fill in specific levels of your facility. The update also provides several improvements to the game’s menus and mechanics.

Be sure to follow us on our social channels to stay updated on the latest news!
Facebook: https://pdxint.at/PAfacebook
Twitter: https://pdxint.at/PAtwitter
Discord: https://pdxint.at/PAdiscord

Wishlist Prison Architect’s Gangs on Steam: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1948120/Prison_Architect__Gangs
For more information on Gangs and Prison Architect, visit paradoxinteractive.com
Price will be 5.99 USD/ 4.79 GBP/ 5.99EUR.

Last edited:
  • 12Like
  • 3Love
Reactions:
All of this stuff already exist in game in a limited capacity, including the crooked guards (well except tattoo removal).

I dont see what else is new...?

Last edited:
I also tried to filter the information as the 'temperature' in the Steam boards is rising with people yelling and claiming "This is already in the game, it should be free yadda-yadda". So basically, what I understood is that without this DLC nothing radical changes for us. With the DLC, gangs get some more love so the way they work will be differently. Even if not buying the DLC we get new - mostly optical - stuff for free as new bugfixes.

So...

with the DLC:
- you can rehab gang members while in vanilla they usually leave prison only after serving their time completely or feet first.
- gangs can coerce guards so you have to look after your personal as well. Nice touch. They cannot in vanilla, right?
- you get some more DLC-exclusive rooms which only work with the new mechanisms.
- with the DLC, gangs will behave differently besides "the guys either belong to the blue, red or green crew and they hate each other", right?

So yay, we get more and new game-play which might warrant replaying the game once over or try out new stuff. Good.

I hope for the release that most current existing bugs will be squashed with the next update and hopefully few new ones will be introduced and break stuff and be coped with quickly. (Hey! One CAN hope, right?)

• 2Like
Reactions:
I also tried to filter the information as the 'temperature' in the Steam boards is rising with people yelling and claiming "This is already in the game, it should be free yadda-yadda". So basically, what I understood is that without this DLC nothing radical changes for us. With the DLC, gangs get some more love so the way they work will be differently. Even if not buying the DLC we get new - mostly optical - stuff for free as new bugfixes.

So...

with the DLC:
- you can rehab gang members while in vanilla they usually leave prison only after serving their time completely or feet first.
- gangs can coerce guards so you have to look after your personal as well. Nice touch. They cannot in vanilla, right?
- you get some more DLC-exclusive rooms which only work with the new mechanisms.
- with the DLC, gangs will behave differently besides "the guys either belong to the blue, red or green crew and they hate each other", right?

So yay, we get more and new game-play which might warrant replaying the game once over or try out new stuff. Good.

I hope for the release that most current existing bugs will be squashed with the next update and hopefully few new ones will be introduced and break stuff and be coped with quickly. (Hey! One CAN hope, right?)
You're correct. And, as Emma stated in the PA discord after the announcement, she had just edited the patch notes for the free update 'Kite' that's coming with Gangs and that doc alone is four pages long.

There are a few more things with each, detail wise, and we'll be sharing those between now and release. Following us on twitter or joining the discord ensures you'll see these features prior to release.

Thank you very much though I would like to point out that not all of us grognards here like social media or discord. I do not, for instance and would be very happy, if these forums are not forgotten ;)

Thank you for the reply, it was very helpful.

Now I'm no expert, but if prison movies have taught me anything it's that racial gangs are big in (American) prisons. Will there be racial/flavorful gangs or will it just be "blue gang" "red gang" etc?

So...

with the DLC:

Kudos to you for not being toxic saying "Oh AnOtHer DlC PaRaDoX NeVeR ReLeAsEs BuG FixEs ThEy OnLy ReLeAsE PaId CoNtEnT, ThIs GaMe Is TrAsH AnD UnPlaYaBlE"

I agree with you on everything here. It's a nice touch and makes gangs much more easier to deal with. Yea, USUALLY updates come with bug fixes, so hopefully we'll get an update with patches.

• 1Like
Reactions: