WC/One Faith strategy as Timurids on 1.34

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Converting is in a much better state right now. All of the colonial nations (24) and vassals (9) are now converting as they are either making a lot of money or being subsidized. Missionary strength is also very high, it is mostly 3-4 months to convert a province.

I also took the "Unify Islam" decision that also boosted conversions. By the way, I was not aware of the "Sanction Holy War" interaction for Feudal Theocracies. This is extremely powerful and I could have used that if I knew it existed. I already have Religious Ideas but free claims could have saved a lot of points. I now regret even more for not pushing for the Unify Islam decision. However, I just didn't know any of these.

I'm glad I shared my progress here and this way I learned a lot of things from you guys. I can definitely do much better if I play again but I don't think I will ever attempt this. It has been exhausting lately. I hope I can finish the campaign in a few days and give my last update.

Quick update and urgent question:

It is 1679 and I have only 3 province Ottomans left. I'll wait for the truce as I am still converting and I am not in a rush. Missionary strength is 28% and an extra 3% for heathens. I have 9 missionaries and converting in mostly 3 months. All colonial nations are converting. I have around 400 non-muslim provinces. I expect to be done in 10-12 years.

However, I just noticed my Brazilian Colonial Nation, somehow, upgraded the Bahia Great Project. Not sure how they afforded 5k. I am not 100% whether I upgraded it and forgot to finish it but in that case I should be able to click the buttons to speed it up.

Tooltip says, it will be completed in 1700 and I cannot speed up the process because the buttons are disabled. This is really unfortunate. Is there any way I can make it cancel it or help it to spend money to speed it up. I already sent big gifts and doing subsidies but there is no action. Unless it is a bug, I really don't see the point why I cannot click those buttons even if I did not start the project myself.

I don't want to wait that long and also I really want to this before 1700. Should I declare just because of this? I don't know how to do that properly, either. Do I just release and declare war? Can I get the whole colony back in one war?

I also see that they're investing a lot on buildings and it can temporarily block me. I think I should stop subsidizing them at some point.

I can't declare war on my colonies. They are all crown colonies and even if I changed the colony type, I still cannot declare war. Attached the screenshots. It looks like a bug. Second picture is the Bahia Monument and its disabled button. Set to finish in 1700 but even I am not 100% sure if it will actually be completed by then.

20230128014510_1.jpg

20230128011126_1.jpg

Edit: I see there is a button to release the colony in the subject interactions window. For testing I released it but the war score is 140%. Do I declare directly or use another colony to do a colonial war? What should I do? I'll have 5 year truce, too when released, so I'll have to truce-break.

I am looking forward to suggestions in the least messy way.

Last edited:
Do you have imperialism CB by now? I would release and DOW with that instantly. Truce-Breaking is cheap, just conquer as much land for yourself as you can and dow a second time for the rest. Afterwards you can decide which land you want to keep (non-sunni, non-OE land) and which to give to another CN. Or just sit on the OE, it should not be much. Or move your capital to brazil and conquer all your CNs.
All in all great progress! You finished europe rather quickly, very nice.

I'm glad I shared my progress here and this way I learned a lot of things from you guys. I can definitely do much better if I play again but I don't think I will ever attempt this. It has been exhausting lately. I hope I can finish the campaign in a few days and give my last update.

I have to reinforce that statement. The feedback was very helpful. Especially the opening moves to the west @necro84 shared. @necro84, somewhere you stated that you started a run with influence first, how did that go and how would you prepare that to diplo-first?

What I found in my Commonwealth game was that they were also upgrading their monuments, but when they ran out of provinces to convert they somehow stopped (cancelled) the upgrade, converted the province and then started again. So you can try converting all Brazilian provinces to see if it'll happen for you too, and if it doesn't you can just release and conquer them and sit on the OE until you convert the heathen provinces.

• 1Like
Reactions:
@bokorthedust I did exactly what you suggested and that's exactly what happened. I did not have to release them. Now, I have another issue. There is only one province left that is not converted and that is a one the colony's missionary is working on. There is religious zeal modifier in that province that expires in 1699. Even with the negative value and n progress, colony is not letting it go. What can I do? I increased the tariffs and stopped all my incentives but it still has a good economy and does not want to give up. Any suggestions? I don't want to go to war. I'm just tired and only one single province left. World Conqueror achievement is also done. yay!

@humb Last phase was very quick and easy. Ottomans got stack-wiped left and right with 50k+ armies. It was like a joke. Commonwealth put a good fight, though. I think they were the best armies in the whole game I fought against for some reason. They were hiring hundreds of thousands mercenaries and never gave up.

@bokorthedust I did exactly what you suggested and that's exactly what happened. I did not have to release them. Now, I have another issue. There is only one province left that is not converted and that is a one the colony's missionary is working on. There is religious zeal modifier in that province that expires in 1699. Even with the negative value and n progress, colony is not letting it go. What can I do? I increased the tariffs and stopped all my incentives but it still has a good economy and does not want to give up. Any suggestions? I don't want to go to war. I'm just tired and only one single province left. World Conqueror achievement is also done. yay
At this point, I would just speed 5 it until the zeal modifier expires. Dismiss all notifications (right click them so they disappear), that speeds the game up significantly. You've conquered the world, you are strong, the colonies won't rebel, and the modifier is 25 years, you can speed 5 that easily, then let them convert it and enjoy! Congratulations!

There is religious zeal modifier in that province that expires in 1699. Even with the negative value and n progress, colony is not letting it go. What can I do?
Release and DOW obviously ;) Take the province and convert it. I had to do the same for my One-Faith some years ago, when you could not stop colonies sending a colonist to increase development of a province...

Release and DOW obviously ;) Take the province and convert it. I had to do the same for my One-Faith some years ago, when you could not stop colonies sending a colonist to increase development of a province...
It doesn't make sense to take the province until 1699, when the zeal expires, at which point the either him or the colony will convert it. Speed 5, this is the way.

Reactions:
@necro84, somewhere you stated that you started a run with influence first, how did that go and how would you prepare that to diplo-first?
For me it was a bit slower start because I was using reconquest a lot in India even with diplo ideas. I needed one more war to deal with Bahmanis and VJ because of that - this also delayed Deccan mission and admin efficiency bonus. Perhaps I could truce break both of them because I had extra admin and there aren't many Shia or Hindu nations that would care about it. With my play style influence works more as alternative to humanist (no unrest because of conquering cores of subjects) or religious (different CB)

LAST UPDATE: May 1692
I finally completed both achievements! Thank you all for your help and suggestions. This was quite a journey for me and I learned a lot.

For the last province my colony stuck with while converting, I released them and annexed later to convert it myself. There are so many modifiers for missionary strength that I had 29% base missionary strength towards the end and was able to convert several provinces in 2 months.

A brief summary for this run is that I started as Timurids, completed all missions (house rule 1), then formed Mughals, stayed Muslim (house rule 2) and expand without truce-breaking (house rule 3) which I had to do a few times towards the end against Ottomans and no no-CB wars (house rule 4) which I also broke this rule first to trigger C&C disaster and then I had to use it a lot against natives, island nations and European minors.

Annexing the colonial powers and getting their colonies for free made things easy. I think they should all declare independence in such case and I should get a CB to get them back. There are so many modifiers for LD, even though some of them were huge, I was able to enforce religion and keep them loyal.

Prestige from missionaries is broken imo. European cities with high dev often resulted in 50+ prestige. I remember a few with 80+ prestige return. So much wasted prestige there.

I have bunch of suggestions that I will post in the forum. I hope they'll be considered. There are a lot of little things that can speed up the game and prevent unnecessary micromanagement.

My goal was to get both achievements by 1700 and I am happy I did that. The game started to slow down lately and it'd become unbearable if I had to continue any longer.

Thanks again @humb and @necro84 for all the help and all others for your suggestions. It is a privilege to be part of this community.

Attachments

• 20230128185709_1.jpg
    20230128185709_1.jpg
    654,7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20230128185634_1.jpg
    20230128185634_1.jpg
    676 KB · Views: 0
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Good job :)

Prestige from missionaries is broken imo. European cities with high dev often resulted in 50+ prestige. I remember a few with 80+ prestige return. So much wasted prestige there.
remember that in normal game you don't convert as much and without Mughals you don't get extra prestige from diwan. Stacking multiple modifiers is usually OP.
If you think about prestige just look at province warscore cost modifiers

Oirat
-15% Province War Score Cost from mission
natives
-20 % Province War Score Cost Indigenous idea 7: Treaties Kept

and for everyone except endgame tags can't use formables
Diplomatic ideas -20 % Province War Score Cost
you can form Kongo −15% War score cost vs other religions from mission
you can form Aksum −15% War score cost vs other religions from ideas
Sunni nations can get -25% War score cost vs other religions from 2 monuments
Theocracy - up to 45% War score cost vs other religions from 2 reforms

Reactions:
I'm coincidentally playing a game as Mughals as well. Worth to note: i've never done a WC before.

MpzypnS.png

Vassals: Syria, Iraq, Oman, Nogai, Nepal, Najd & Shirvan. I will probably pop up Kazakh soon as well, if i go to war with Uzbek for other Nogai claims, than i'll take a Kazakh core province and release it.

Already been able to close the Ottomans from going deeper into Egypt. Contrary to what was suggested i've chosen not to ally Ottomans but I was friendly regardless until I started to have too many border provinces with them. Right now I have Ming and Ottomans rivalled.

Right now I don't have an ally. I also don't think i have a diplo slot that allows for it, and i'm using strong duchies estate privilege already (with diplo ideas). Of course, i can go over the limit if i have to, but I think i'm fine without allies so far. The main reason would be to be friendly with a nation in a culture group/religion group you have to attack repeatedly to prevent AE building up with that nation. So perhaps Bengal could be a good ally, if i have to attack Malwa and Jaunpur repeatedly.

I also conquered Tibet mainly to have easy access to China early on, in case they would collapse, which is not the case as of now. It also opens up a path into Indochina (although I need to conquer that nation that is between Bengal and Ming currently). And Tibet is easy to conquer (few provinces and nations, diff. culture group and religion from nations i usually attack). It also has a gold province.

Done in 1785, my first world conquest (didn't play during most of the winter), just resumed this game about 2-3 weeks ago.

MughalsWC.png

This was around 1635

ySCVyWx.png

And 1731

YGKubHp.png

Basically expanding where you can, taking the weakest target, AE truce juggling, truce breaking during imperialist cb era and with stab cost reductions, high absolutism and high admin efficiency, also high gov capacity and building courthouse almost everywhere. And manageing trade as well, i spawned global trade myself.

• 3Love
  • 1Like
Reactions: