• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
How the hell did you get across the Himalayas so easily without the British swarming you? I'm pretty sure you weren't using motorized forces there, but maybe I should give it a try.

They had sparse numbers, only about 9 divisions in the adjacent provinces, and I brought twelve infantry divisions all equipped with artillery and with a Field Marshal who has the Mountaineer bonus commanding them. It was a very near thing to be honest, as they brought reinforcements up but I was fortunate enough to be able to engage them individually and prevent them from forming a doom stack.

Battles at Sea, Fall of Borneo, British Raj moves towards Collapse

Following the furious fighting off the coast of the home islands, the Carrier Strike Fleet pursued fleeing American vessels through their bold route between Hokkaido and Honshu, catching and destroying the small commerce raiding group of one Battleship and five Destroyers in the Sea of Japan on the 9th of May.

zd1lUu4.png

USS New Mexico under air attack in the Sea of Japan, 9th May 1943

YYuCy4D.jpg

Meanwhile in the mountains of northwestern India, three of Sugiyama's divisions fight desperately against five British and Indian ones to keep the supply route from China open through the narrow mountain passes. Despite being outnumbered two divisions, Sugiyama's forces are far better trained, led, and equipped. While to the east and south, Tsukuda wins himself yet more ground in Burma.

Japanese infantry during the battle of Amritsar

XgzeZGb.jpg

FhILAM1.png

9JfnNpo.png

Finally, after a week of brutal fighting, and despite being outnumbered, Major General Tanaka Shinji triumphs over the enemy, forcing them away from Sugiyama's supply lines, but at heavy cost of life.

DJucMFu.png

While leaving the Sea of Japan and conducting a sweep around the Ryukyu islands following an attack on supply convoys, Yamamoto's carrier strike force scatters a small American submarine pack, General Tanaka drives on towards Lahore so as to link up with Marshal Sugiyama, and the fleeing submarines draw blood off Taiwan.

ofpXcU5.png

0iLysW7.png

YzovWk0.png

Following just three days of fighting, General Tanaka routs the British and Indians out of Lahore, and once in place, chases the British away from the army's supply lines once again with a strike at enemy troops building up at Ludhiana. When hit, the British forces withdraw, but the Indian elements simply shatter, throwing down their weapons and, in some cases, turning on their British superiors.

alwKknM.png

L8bqTK5.png

v51H7WY.png

Meanwhile in the jungles of Borneo, the two seperate four division Rikusentais have cut the island in half, and are now proceeding in opposite directions, sweeping aside all enemy opposition slowly but surely.

zA0Ew1k.png

Oj0miTE.png

Cut off from supplies and suffering from tropical diseases, many Dutch troops simply throw down their weapons and surrender in exchange for medical treatment.

pWodGg8.jpg

Marshal Ishiwara's mountaineer army has progressed so far compared to his colleagues Tsukuda, Terauchi and Higashikuni, he is now firmly fighting inside the Bengalese area of the British Raj with great success, while to the south, and not that far behind, Tsukuda moves to pin the enemy against the coast, forming a two pincer vice along with Higashikuni's forces.

NDuQ3BD.png

SYCXMQv.png

With his supply lines no longer in danger, Sugiyama has taken the vital city of Karachi and drives further eastwards into the heart of India, crushing all opposition before him.

"As in China, it appears the Indians no longer have the will to resist. The British themselves are the hardest fighters, but the Indians don't seem to have their heart in it very much, it seems." - Journal of Marshal Sugiyama.

lZNFZhp.png

os5fPjH.png

Across the world, the Communist forces of the Soviet Union and Germany have over run France, forcing their government to flee to their colonies of Africa, but Turkish forces, along with Soviet support, are quickly tearing apart the European colonies of Africa, inciting revolts amongst the native populous.

BVUWW8C.png

In Burma, Tsukuda and Higashikuni further close the trap near the coast. First a victory at Haka by Tsukuda's forces, and then Higashikuni pressures the British at Pakokdu.

lSr5XkN.png

H040aBo.png

tMtPk0B.png

Imperial Japanese Army troops photographed in front of the Shwethalyaung Buddha in Pegu, advancing towards Pakokdu.

xeQ66lb.jpg

To the Northwest, the seperate diversions of Sugiyama's army conduct a two pronged offensive against Indian troops Bahawalnagar. When struck, the Indian troops don't simply rout, they collapse and surrender en masse.

axpmvdg.png

tH48zCv.png

Propaganda issued by the Japanese during the Indian campaign, aimed at inciting the Indian populace against their British rulers

djk7SUk.jpg

Further south, Higashikuni shatters all resistance at Pakokdu, and the Imperial Marines take up positions to deliver the final deathblow to the last Dutch forces in Borneo...

2tMEazx.png

FAphpmL.png

rwSIkHI.png

However, overshadowing the events of Borneo and Burma, was the news that Japanse soil had been bombed for the first time in the War of Taiheiyō...

55ara2R.png

Haven't the Red forces in Africa been cut off, though?
Yep, but they have a very narrow trickle of supplies from across the med, but the royal navy is going to shut that down, so with the exhausted and outnumbered British and Americans vs the Soviets Turks, Germans and other Communists cut off from their supplies, progress goes very slowly.

Armadas of the Empire drive on

Following the strike on Osaka by Carrier launched aircraft, despite doing minimal damage, the symbolic and psychological effect was considerable. Not since the Mongol invaders nearly 1000 years prior had Japanese citizens been killed on home soil by foreign powers during war time. The entire Combined Fleet sailed from Nagasaki to hunt the interlopers down. First they clashed inconclusively off the Izu islands, causing massive damage to the Americans but without sinking a single enemy ship.

6oiafeM.png

For eight days the Combined Fleet pursued the American strike fleet, finally catching up to it off Guam, and sinking the damaged USS Enterprise, as well as an unfortunate light cruiser.

ze1oM6U.png

Meanwhile in the invasion of the British Raj, Marshal Ishiwara's Mountaineer army, after overseeing the surrender of Bhutan, begins to dismantle the isolated Nepalese divisions, while in the Tsushima straight an anti-submarine convoy decimates a small American wolfpack.

s5WBYJU.png

2AZybp5.png

Back in Japan, the Dr. Nishima-lead Kanazawa Project is proceeding well, with an additional, more advanced and more powerful nuclear reactor being installed inside the mountains.

JljToLu.png

Following sightings of American ships from the Phillipines, the Imperial Battlefleet set sail to clear the area of enemies, destroying an American convoy raiding fleet of destroyers in the Suriago straight, while the 1st Carrier Strike Fleet annihilated an American wolfpack west of Okinawa, and yet another Indian unit surrendered en masse.

qt4r9bn.png

wpLNY09.png

To cover his back, Marshal Ishiwara divides his force and gives command of three divisions to General Wakamatsu to cover his back while he destroys the isolated Nepalsese divisions, the Carrier Strike Fleet shatters another would-be convoy raiding fleet, and Marshal Ueda clears northern Sakhalin of it's Dutch invaders, and covered by the guns of the Imperial Battlefleet, Marshal Yamashita's motorized army prepares to take the isolated fortress of Singapore.

GOvPV86.png

Y9a67wR.png

dY02UX5.png

The British on Sakhalin are smashed, Marshal Sugiyama drives ever into India's hinterland, and General Wakamatsu begins punishing enemy Indian forces that try to encricle him.

0pCeNA3.png

cPJtQ6L.png

TsAMkVk.png

With defeat after defeat falling upon the Indians and their British overlords, the Indian Raj begins to rapidly crumble, with resistance becoming less and less apparanent, and stories of civil unrest in the Raj's largest cities.

3f9IWVH.png

Returning to it's port of Osaka, the Carrier Strike Fleet destroys another American wolfpack, General Wakamatsu lashes out from the mountains, taking aim at the major city of Calcutta, shattering an Indian force to be found there, causing them to throw down their weapons or surrender, and the noose around the last enemy forces in Burma is tightened by Tsukuda, Higashikuni, and various minor commanders.

uzUIdiS.png

6snq3Qw.png

2PWEzhY.png

@PredalienPlush

Wait, the Allies on Karafuto and US Navy carrier groups are raiding the Home Islands? I think you might have bigger problems than India right now.

I know I say this after every update, but I do plan on updating more frequently.

While the British in the Akyab Pocket to the south crumbled

General Ishiwara's forces closed a smaller pocket, just one division, in Mipi. After only three days of fighting, the Akyab pocket had collapsed.

q0WjhO7.png

6eWB5XG.png

It was one of the most severe defeats the British had suffered in all of history, let alone at the hands of a non-European power

British Troops surrender to the Imperial Japanese Army in the Akyab pocket, August 1943

9cgDpug.jpg

While the British and their Indian servants collapsed in the Mipi pocket, Admiral Yamamoto's Carrier Strike Force dispersed another commerce raiding American Submarine wolfpack, and Marshal Yamashita captured the paramount port of Singapore from the British, left laughably underdefended due to the strains put upon the British Empire by the war.

UKeVm9c.png

NuEns0Z.png

Painting of Marshal Yamashita and his staff, negotiating the surrender of the British forces stationed in Singapore

HRc2ktA.jpg

Just across the small seaway, the Dutch dominion over Borneo was fast crumbling, much like the rest of their Empire was soon to be...

g6WpqKC.png

The European powers were crumbling, and Japan was forging it's own Empire out of the ashes and dust. The wartime national anthem was blaring, from Burma to Korea, from China to the Phillipines, from the Kurii isles to Singapore. A new era was dawning for the Land of the Rising Sun.

Closing in on the Raj

To the west,
General Shinji Tanaka's three divisions prepare to lash out against the three divisions opposing him, if successful he would further open the way to India's hinterland, but first he must secure his own flank.

YVvG039.png

RZT0ojQ.png

The mostly Indian units do not put up much of a fight

JMitcLd.png

His flank thus secured, General Tanaka tore into the opposing divisions

vrYnFhO.png

HZauYVT.png

While to the east, a detachment of Ishiwara's Army, under General Ushijima, routed an Indian divsion. Despite a lack of encirclement, the Indian force shattered when struck, a large number of it's men deserting, while the last of the British prisoners in Burma were rounded up, over ten thousand of them.

4r483wf.png

jjJ6jHB.png

British forces surrendering to the Imperial Army, September 6th 1943

oG64dIj.jpg

In the west, General Sugiyama captured the important costal region of Ahmedabad, and continued chasing the Indians ever onwards, crushing them at Baroda while to the north, Tanaka drove them before him at the Battle of Chandigarn

4suf2Bz.png

With the collapse and surrender of so many enemy divisions, the Japanese were in a frenzy to enter eastern India, with offensives being carried out from seemingly every direction against the Indians and what few of their British masters remained.

jFjG5UP.png

To the South and East, Japan finally came to occupy after their slow but cautious and steady invasion, the vital oil fields of Indonesia. In order to prevent the Dutch from destroying them before the Japanese could mount an overland invasion, the Teishin Shudan was utilized to preform an airborne assault on the oil fields.

Imperial Paratroopers preparing their jump

MBGfaXr.png

The Airborne onslaught, orchestrated by the IJAAF, rains down on the Dutch controlled oil fields

kwPzm5C.png

X4Yr3t1.png

jIS3KYn.png

r0ngO3E.png

vCLoMgi.png

Hcfrat6.png

QNsdzgG.png

Thousands of Imperial Paratroopers were landed, soon to swarm across Indonesia

ty6KsP2.png

Back in India, the Imperial Army marched ever forwards, smashing all opposition in their path, like a force of nature.

T01D81T.png

Simultaneously, Yamashita landed via the sea on Java's coast, to drive Eastwards and bring the entire Dutch East Indies under Japanese control, and Marshal Sugiyama smashed the Indians and Indhur

cShAUl9.png

KQSthx8.png

Yamashita, having landed east of the Dutch forces, tries to force them westwards and trap them against the coast, and issues a pamphlet on street and city fighting tactics, and coincidentally, to the west, Ushijima, a disciple of Sugiyama, issues a textbook to every officer under his command on mountain terrain fighting tactics

I5izpmN.png

kNCGnKS.png

As more and more land fell under control of the Greater Japanese Empire, four new battlecruisers and two heavy cruisers were ordered to police the Indian ocean, as well as massively ramped up industrilization in occupied China to accomodate the huge influx in raw materials the Empire gained. The second Japanese Industrial Revolution had begun.

Ftsuv6A.png

I was going to ask how you had such an advantage in mobility over the British Raj, but then I realized that the fact that the British don't control Iran would be hindering them a lot.

Reactions:
Welp, I really dropped the ball on this in many ways. I'm not sure if anybody will ever read it but I wanted to apologize. First of all, I played all the way to 1960 or so in this playthrough, and I had over 3000 screenshots ready and was pre-constructing dialogue, but then I got involved with a (terrible) sort of girlfriend and all the ensuing problems that can arise, and to my shame that caused me to neglect this AAR. Even worse, my computer died without me having backed up any of it. I tried to recreate the pre-existing conditions in this AAR but I simply couldn't do it accurately enough, so to everyone who was enjoying this, I am truly sorry.

A sort of TL;DR as to what happened in the AAR. I captured India and all the colonial possessions of the Europeans, the Comintern took all of Africa north of Rhodesia. I moved a battlecruiser fleet into the Indian Ocean to wreak havoc on Allied shipping in the Red Sea, while Yamashita's Motorized divisions stormed across New Zealand and used it as a jumping off point for later against Australia, and the more traditional land forces took New Guinea in heavy mountain and jungle fighting. The Rikusentai island hopped all the way to Hawaii which became a killing fields for American warships and landing attempts, along with bait attacks against Attu and Adak, even Anchorage, where over 20 American capital ships were destroyed. With Australia attacked by the combined forces of Yamashita, Higashikuni, Tsukuda, Kuribayashi and Terauchi, even the vast inhospitable land couldn't stop me. At that point, with all the Pacific Allied fleets defeated, I landed with the smallest of my Armies in North Africa and secured the Rhodesian border with the Soviets, as well as taking Madagascar before they could. I also invaded Neutral Afghanistan as a future attacking point against the Reds.

Following the last naval battle of the Pacific, off the Coast of Vancouver, in which the Yamato classes got to sink several Iowa classes, I stormed the west coast. Thus began the bloodiest slugfest I think I will ever see in a video game. The Americans threw seveal armored divisions at me in the mountains of Alaska, all while airplanes pummeled me in the south, the IJAAF barely managing to keep the scores even with the USAAF. Vancouver was taken with the least resistance, but the sheer amount of distance needed to travel and the sporadic ways in which the Canadians fought, I'll say for sure the Yukon, Northwest Territories, Alberta and BC were the most annoying theater I fought in. Despite huge losses on both sides, I was keeping around a 1.5 KD/R against the Americans, and managed several helpful encirclements in Seattle, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Portland, leading to hundreds of thousands of American casualties. The rest of the west coast was free for me to invade all the way up till Colorado, which we'll get back to later. Once out of Oregon, Yaamashita's forces stormed through Northern USA without much oppostion until Michigan, which became so bloody I had to deploy a new secret weapon. With my tank technology behind the Americans, I dispatched Yamashita to help subdue Canada quickly as Motorized divisions move quicker. In Michigan I threw infantry divisions armed with mobile AT and Artillery to trash the American tanks, which, with Air Superiorty established, at least over Michigan, took heavy losses, and I was *finally* able to capture Detroit, the Motor City.

Further south, several Rikusentai and Higashikuni stormed through Nevada and New Mexico as fast as they could, meeting little oppostion as they were drawn north into the bloodiest fights of the American War. Their goal: The Nuclear Reactor in Texas, which they captured and dismantled in time before the Americans could develop Nuclear Arms.

Now, to the north...
Colorado and Utah was the site of some of the worst fighting imaginable. Despite dealing more death than they took, it was still a huge loss of life for the Japanese Empire. Even with Mountaineer Leaders and Mountaineer Divisions. the sheer numbers of men and the material thrown at them was colossal. It was there that the Japanese first deployed the G10N Fugaku and the Kagu-tsuchi, the Nuclear Bomb. Initially intended to take out massive, sprawling American industrial complexes, it was employed Tactically several times in the over Three Years of fighting in Colorado and Utah, most notably in Colorado Springs and Salt Lake city. When first dropped on MacArthur at Colorado Springs, it killed 57,000 American soldiers instantly.

In the North, once Canada was vanquished and puppeted, Yamashita, now world famous for his mechanized Infantry and Tank rushes, and now equipped with the fearsome Chi-Ri, met his equivalent, the daring American Marshall George S. Patton. Meeting in Upstate New York, time and time again they clashed with no decisive outcome. Eventually Patton had to withdraw as Independent Quebec forces, under the training and equipment of Japan, invaded Maine.

Once out of the Mountains and on the open ground of Tornado alley, American morale simply seemed to collapse, with millions of lives lost fighting the Comintern and the Empire, it was by far the worst war in American history, and with the largest of Japan's nuclear bombs, Sakurajima, dropped on Pits burg, leaving the greatest Industrial Hub in the US a smoldering crater. The last pockets of resistance were in Florida, Baltimore and Manhattan. Even Kuribayashi took Washington without much of a fight worthy of note. To the south, the IJN had helped the Rikusentai invade Mexico and other Central and Southern American countries who had foolishly challenged the Empire. With the Panama Canal under control, they sent the Indian Ocean Battlecruisers, thin enough to go through, to take the British and American colonies in the Caribbean. Eventually the US ceased to exist, being replaced by independant California, governing from Baja to Vancouver, to the North an occupied Alaska to provide resources to Japan. To it's east, lied independent Texas, and to it's east lay the new CSA, with all the remaining land divided up in between them and Japanese Canada, Republic of Quebec, or Occupied directly by Japan to oversee resource extraction.

Despite the loss of all their allys, the British did not negotiate. Taking time to lick their wounds following millions of casualties, and at this point, 1957, twenty years of war, Japan remained dormant until 1959 when they launched an all out Assault on the Soviet Union. Ushijima and Sugiyama attacked out of Northwest India and Afghanistan with the Mountaineer Army, while Yamashita and the Mechanized Armies attacked Vladivostok before sweeping northward and cutting off Kamchatka, to be taken by the Rikusentai. To the west, the Manchurian and Chinese Armies, operating without Japanese support, liberated Mongola and Tannu Tuva from Soviet Control. Attacking out of Xinjiang was Kuribayashi's Mechanized Army. This massive front streched hundreds of miles, yet the Soviets offered little resistance. Their air foces were laughably inadequate, being unable to protect their Nuclear reactor from being destroyed by a Nuclear bomb, courtesy of the IJAF. On the other side of the world, the Jungle Veterans of the Pacific pushed back, with immense casualties on both sides, the Soviet Forces in Darkest Africa, eventually pushing them all the way to the borders of the Sahara when the war ended.

Once Eastern Siberia was under control, and the IJAF moved into abandoned airfields, the fighting became fierce. Despite their losses, the Soviets posessed far more artillery, tanks and motor vehicles, but the inhospitable terrain and lack of air cover meant that even the Infantry Divisions of the Japanese triumphed in the end. It may have taken four years, but the Japanese eventually took Moscow, causing the Soviet Empire to shatter into dozens of pieces. After that, it was no contest. Yamashita and Kuribayashi swept into Eastern Europe without opposition while Sugiyama and Ushijima stormed through the Mountains of Scandinavia to liberate the Nordic people from the yoke of Communism. Once in Berlin, Germany surrendered, and further to the west, Austria was liberated and it's monarchy restored. With the help of the still standing Imperial Roman Forces, France was liberated and placed under a Monarchy friendly to Japan and Second Rome. Eventually, all that was left was Old Britain. The sun had, indeed, set upon them. Once the strongest navy in the world, their navy, tailored towards combat in the North Sea and Atlantic, was brushed aside by the sheer size of the Pacific Tier Imperial Navy, and several Rikusentai were landed in Whales and Ireland, to be linked up with Paratroopers landing near dover. It was suggested to drop a Kaga-tsuchi on London, but the city was deemed of too much historic and cultural value. Once the south coast was under Control, the Mechanized Armies of Kuribayashi and Yamashita were landed, and the greater part of England was encircled, making England a pocket that collapsed when pressed upon. With only Scotland remaining, England surrendered.

The post war arrangement had most countries in Asia gaining independence, outside of a few areas of import under direct Japanese control, but bound by oath to aid and be aided by Japan. The Greater Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere spread from Iran in the west (Liberated from Soviet Occupation) to Tasmania in the South, to New England in the East, to Alaska in the North, and countless Slavic and Siberian micronations in the northwest. This was the most costly war in human history, with over two hundred million dead, and there has not been a war since, between any major power, at least, although sadly many border disputes and proxy wars continue to this day. Besides Japan, Italy emerged hugely victorious, it's lands spreading from Southern France in the Northwest, all the way east to Anatolia, and then to the southwest, with Egypt, Libya, Tunis, Algeria, and Morocco. The extend of land it controlled was greater than even First Rome, and that was without counting Switzerland, Austria and Spain, nations many accuse of simply being puppets of Italy.

The sheer cost of life and the fanaticism both sides possessed caused immense anti war sentiment that continued to this day, with all major powers believing that any war in the future will lead to mankind's extinction. Despite it's immense losses, Japan emerged the least unscathed as it had the vast manpower of Asia to draw upon. By the 1970's Japan was pioneering Space Exploration, and by the 2010s had established an international colony on Mars alongside Second Rome, various American and Canadian Nations, Britain and Ireland, France, and members of the Slavic and Oceanic Confederations.