• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I think the lack of Avignon is good, because just one random revolt is enough for the Papal States to lose the province, as they cannot send troops there.

I think it had quite legitimate tradition from 1440s.

You can enlarge it a bit as in case of other smaller provinces (like Calais or various islands). But it's up to you.

btw, why you decided to omit Avignon?

The province for Calais is not just the town of Calais and it shouldn´t be. It´s the Calaisis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pale_of_Calais

Burgenland didn't really had an official name, because it never was an official administrative zone only after 1921. The best name for it would be Őrvidék, the original Hungarian name. It was part of Hungary for hundreds of years, and the name Őrvidék was mostly used for it.

Deutsch-westungarn is completely mad-up name by the Austrians. Őrvidék was part of Hungary in which Germans settled by the decree of the Hungarian king. That part of the Kingdom of Hungary had after that a German majority, but it still was Hungarian land until the fall of the Austro-Hungarian Empire. After the fall the Austrians have annexed it because of the German majority. In Hungary there were a lot of towns-villages etc. with German population even in Erdély (Transylvania), but that doesn't mean it was not Hungarian land.

It's been a while since the last update. I'm assuming you took a break/went on hiatus with it, as understandably often happens with things related to FTG, but I figured I'd drop a post here to say that I am still very interested in seeing this project completed; it's by far the best map mod I've ever seen for FTG!

Reactions:
I've been away from FTG for years but lately I've been returning to "old" games (also playing ancient games like Severance, Thief and Medieval TW which I find more enjoyable than their more modern counterparts). I've also been reading something about the Thirty Years' War which rekindled my interest in the period. In fact, one of the first things I'd love to do is to model a Thirty Years' War scenario (something like the classic EU2 Napoleonic Wars scenario). Would the current AI handle something of this sort?

Regarding the map, my concept of a good map changed a lot from the last time I was working on the map. Nowadays I heavily favour gameplay over realism/accuracy. I'm still hopeful of being able to come up with a new map eventually. Plus I'm looking at the progress of McSionnaigh and Andrei Gijgorev who are definitely more technically gifted.

Reactions: