• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
I switched to EU IV last year but I still miss the historicity of FTG so I see myself returning to this mod eventually. In the meantime, you are free to recommend further changes to the current map.

Here's a quick sketch of what I have in mind for Poland-Lithuania to make the borders less treaty-oriented.

VxdKHl7.png

This translates into:
- 2 less provinces for Silesia (4-province Silesia was a bit too much)
- 2 extra provinces for Prussia (Culmerland and Memel)
- 1 extra province for Moldavia/Poland (Pocutia)
- 1 extra province for Livonia (Semigalia)
- 4 extra provinces for Lithuania (Sudovia, Polesia, Turov and Pereyaslavl/Poltava split from Ukraine)

Last edited:
Looks good. Especially like what you did with Silesia, as the current setup made that region kind of weird. (It was relatively historically accurate, but the game didn't seem to know how to deal with it)

Semigalia is also a good addition. Should make the Duchy of Courland and Semigalia more able to mirror the relative importance it had historically.

It doesn't show in the screencap above, but IIRC the island of Ösel looks a bit odd on the map in the latest version of Plvs Vltra. I can't remember if the issue was the main island connecting to the smaller island east of it or if the issue was the entire thing connecting to the mainland, but it should probably be redrawn a bit.

I just checked Osel and it looks fine (not connected to Dago or the mainland).

Here's a rough setup I just made for the HRE. With this setup we can free 7 provinces for elsewhere (the names are provisional - don't mind the mixed names and the missing umlauts). Some of the provinces I retained (like Trent or Niedersachsen) are of questionable worth. I have added Gorizia (which includes Trieste) as a place of contention between HAB and VEN.

Other provinces I added are Julich and Sundgau.

I merged Erfurt and Coburg (Thuringia), Nuernberg and Wurzburg (Franconia), Leipzig and Wittenberg (Upper Saxony/Obersachsen), Straubing and Landshut (Lower Bavaria/Niederbayern) and removed Nassau, Darmstadt, Hannover, Nuertingen and Marchfeld.

377xVOs.png

I switched to EU IV last year but I still miss the historicity of FTG so I see myself returning to this mod eventually. In the meantime, you are free to recommend further changes to the current map.
It is a bit sad that you decided not to finalise your old map project.:( Really liked it. But nice to see you back anyway.

Couple of remark that could be useful for you perhaps:
- Pocutia is probably unnecessary considering such minimalistic representation of the other regions. You can instead divide Prussia into Sambia and Masuria.
- Samogitia and Sudovia looks a bit too big considering their historical borders. Limit Sudovia at the east more or less by the Neman river.
- Turov and Kiev are wrongly positioned. Check this.
- Your "Turov" province was historically named "Ponizovye" (in Russian and Polish; something like "Lowlands") in the 16th-17th centuries. You can also name it after administrative centre (Rechytsa).
- Severia is actually Chernigov + Starodub lands (your Chernigov province).
- May be historical "colourful" Ruthenias would make nice names for your provinces?
- Probably simpler English names in Poland (Warsaw, Posnan, Cracow) would look better instead of "Latin". Also Warmia instead of Ermland, and Livonia instead of Livland.
- Not sure about the names choices for the HRE (especially for two Mecklenburgian and Pomeranian provinces, Obersachsen, Palatinate, Bohemia - looks inconsistent).

Last edited:
I just checked Osel and it looks fine (not connected to Dago or the mainland).
The island it's connected to on the Plvs Vltra map is the one circled here. While it's supposed to be close to Ösel, it's not supposed to be attached to it by land. Perhaps this was fixed in the version of the map you're editing, but it's still an issue as of the latest Plvs Vltra release available.

Will take a closer look at the HRE map later. Looks good at first glance though.

Last edited:
5ifVJmu.png

I'm not that interested in detail. Since province information in this game (like manufactories, barracks, etc.) is shown graphically on the map the goal is to have provinces as large as possible for all the icons to fit in comfortably. Also rivers must be on province borders (this is the reason I abandoned my previous project).

Nice to see that we finally have Sundgau on the map. The Habsburg Vorlande events have had comments about adding it on a new map for as long as I can remember.

Comments:
- If Trent is of questionable worth, perhaps remove it and cut off the western end of Tyrol for a Voralberg province instead? If memory serves, there are Swiss events related to it that currently only add some tax value, so if nothing else it at least has more of a purpose than Trent does.

- I remember you saying something about maybe removing most of the bishoprics from the HRE. Is this still the case? If so, I'd also merge Altmark and Magdeburg. Brandenburg isn't supposed to start off strong.

- This is purely an aesthetic issue, but Bohemia's connection to Moravia looks a bit awkward on this map. Maybe enlarge it slightly at the expense of the south-eastern part of Sudetes so that the connection will look more proper?

- I remember a discussion somewhere about Hungary having too many provinces in PV. That's slightly better now, but maybe a couple of more merges are in order? (Kassa+Marmatia? Slavonia+Smyrmia?)

- Hussite Bohemia has events regarding the invasion, conquest and integration of the Slovakian provinces, which I suppose is Kassa and Marmatia on this map. Might want to give Kassa a border with Moravia if so.

- Does Crimea really need that many provinces?

That's all that comes to mind for now. Keep up the good work!

Last edited:
Look good. Just Kampen (Kempen?) is misplaced (it's one of the traditional cities in Oversticht/Overijssel). Should be either North Brabant, Breda or Den Bosch.

Liege would be good to see as well.

Gibraltar seems missing. Intended?

Occitania should be Toulouse probably?

And I really liked beautiful and atmospheric "classical" Anglicized names forms from your previous map project. I would just borrow them here too. They would feat aesthetics of this map as well.

Last edited:
The Slovakian provinces are Pozsony (Presburg) and Kassa (could be named Carpathia). I guess Marmatia ('Ruthenia' province in vanilla) would be Ruthenian.

As for HRE states, I had the following in mind:

the electors: Brandenburg, Bohemia, Palatinate, Saxony, Cologne, Mainz, Trier; eventually Bavaria and Hanover (from these only Trier lacks events in AGCEEP/PV)
the archduchies: Austria
the archbishoprics: Salzburg, Magdeburg, Bremen (I think the first two lack events)
the duchies: Julich-Cleves-Berg, Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg, Pomerania and Wirtemberg (I think these are the only historical duchies apart from Saxe-Lauenberg, which was very small, and the splintered Thuringian/Silesian duchies).
some largish bishoprics: Munster, Wurzburg, Utrecht (maybe) and Strassburg (only the last has events)
landgraviates/margraviates: Hesse, Baden (the other two are Ansbach and Kulmbach/Bayreuth but I don't think these were that important)
counties: Oldenburg (just because it gets to be inherited by Denmark)

Look good. Just Kampen (Kempen?) is misplaced (it's one of the traditional cities in Oversticht/Overijssel). Should be either North Brabant, Breda or Den Bosch.

Liege would be good to see as well.

Gibraltar seems missing. Intended?

And I really liked beautiful and atmospheric "classical" Anglicized names forms from your previous map project. I would just borrow them here too. They would feat aesthetics of this map as well.

I'm not sure about Gibraltar yet. It seems it would only exist for Britain not to mention that it can only be given to it artificially by event (and I would like to avoid 'treaty' provinces if possible).

With Kempen I intended this region in Brabant (just to use a regional name instead of a city name): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campine

Last edited:
the other two are Ansbach and Kulmbach/Bayreuth but I don't think these were that important
There was very interesting set of events about Bayreuth (using Wurzburg province) in older versions of AGCEEP about dynastic relations within Hohenzollern branches. You can still find them in MyMap. I think it's a nice flavour for Brandenburg player.

With Kempen I intended this region in Brabant (just to use a regional name instead of a city name): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campine
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Campine
I see, thanks.

btw, there are events related to Sopron/Odenburg in PV/AGCEEP. I believe Burgenland province would be good in order not to give Austria the early core on Gyor or make it "German" later.

May be also add Lake Balaton?

Isn't Burgenland a 20th century creation?

The name Vierburgenland (Land of Four Castles) was created in 1919 by Odo Rötig, a Viennese resident in Sopron. It was derived from the name of the four vármegye of the Kingdom of Hungary (in German Komitate, 'counties') known in Hungarian as Pozsony, Moson, Sopron and Vas, or in German as Pressburg, Wieselburg, Ödenburg and Eisenburg. After the town of Pozsony/Pressburg was assigned to Czechoslovakia the number vier was dropped, but the name was kept because it was deemed to be appropriate for a region with so many old frontier castles. The "Burgenland" name was adopted by the first provincial Landtag in 1922. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Burgenland

And the province would be too small anyway.

Habsburg_mortgages_between_15th_and_17th_centuries.jpg

I think these mortgage towns can easily be represented by a tax increase in Lower Austria instead of a province secession.

The Slovakian provinces are Pozsony (Presburg) and Kassa (could be named Carpathia). I guess Marmatia ('Ruthenia' province in vanilla) would be Ruthenian.

As for HRE states, I had the following in mind:

the electors: Brandenburg, Bohemia, Palatinate, Saxony, Cologne, Mainz, Trier; eventually Bavaria and Hanover (from these only Trier lacks events in AGCEEP/PV)
the archduchies: Austria
the archbishoprics: Salzburg, Magdeburg, Bremen (I think the first two lack events)
the duchies: Julich-Cleves-Berg, Schleswig-Holstein, Mecklenburg, Pomerania and Wirtemberg (I think these are the only historical duchies apart from Saxe-Lauenberg, which was very small, and the splintered Thuringian/Silesian duchies).
some largish bishoprics: Munster, Wurzburg, Utrecht (maybe) and Strassburg (only the last has events)
landgraviates/margraviates: Hesse, Baden (the other two are Ansbach and Kulmbach/Bayreuth but I don't think these were that important)
counties: Oldenburg (just because it gets to be inherited by Denmark)
I colored it in on the map to see how it would look, and it seems like a pretty good and balanced setup overall. I am not entirely sure if only two provinces for Bavaria is ideal, but it probably won't make much of a difference. I did like the PV setup with three provinces more though.

I think these mortgage towns can easily be represented by a tax increase in Lower Austria instead of a province secession.
Good call. Always found the events regarding those provinces a bit odd in AGCEEP, since it felt like Hungary gave Austria a lot more than just some minor border towns.

I colored it in on the map to see how it would look, and it seems like a pretty good and balanced setup overall. I am not entirely sure if only two provinces for Bavaria is ideal, but it probably won't make much of a difference. I did like the PV setup with three provinces more though.
Under this setup Bavaria would start with just one province - Oberbayern (representing Bavaria-Munich). Niederbayern should probably start under Luxemburg as Bavaria-Straubing until it eventually passes to Bavaria by event. Later there should be an event (there might be one already) about the inheritance of Bavaria-Landshut which would have the effect of increasing Niederbayern's tax/MP and changing its capital to Landshut.

In a strictly historical campaign, Oberpfalz would be gained in the 17th century and the rest of the Palatinate province (Pfalz, Julich and Berg) in the 18th (technically it was a personal union but given the way personal unions work in FTG I think we should opt directly for inheritance).

So Bavaria would start with one province and end up with 6.

Isn't Burgenland a 20th century creation?
I think it had quite legitimate tradition from 1440s.

And the province would be too small anyway.

You can enlarge it a bit as in case of other smaller provinces (like Calais or various islands). But it's up to you.

btw, why you decided to omit Avignon?