• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

FangirlCrazily

Second Lieutenant
Community Ambassador
Feb 7, 2023
Mighty Rulers,

Today, we bring you the first mini patch since the Watcher Update. This update addresses some crashes and attempts to fix some technical issues we've heard from the community.

On a related note, we've been so happy with the response to the Community Survey! Its been heartening to see so many of you take the time to tell us about your experiences with the AI. For those who have yet to fill in the form, we look forward to receiving your responses here!

We hope you enjoy this interim patch, while we continue cooking up new and exciting things to improve the game! Sit tight while we give some time for those features to bake, and as always...

May your Pantheons thrive

Regards,
Triumph

Game Version: 1.004.001.82837

Header_Fixes.gif

General
  • Implemented a fix that potentially mitigates the reported audio stuttering issues

Units
  • Fixed that the Bone Dragon was an Amphibious unit rather than a Flying unit

RMG
  • Fixed an issue where Silver Ancient Wonders would generate additional large empty provinces around it, rather than only making a small province for themselves; making it hard for the AI to decide where to expand

Crashes
  • Fixed a crash that could occur upon defeating a hero that was also a governor
  • Fixed a crash that could occur when loading older save games, related to gaining vision on a free city
  • Fixed a crash when loading a save game while having the outpost panel opened
  • Fixed a crash that could rarely occur on startup

Find out when we post pictures of tentacle monsters:

• 22Like
Reactions:
I hope the bug that causes the city-founding behaviour of the computer-controlled rulers to occasionally break down gets fixed in the next hotfix.

RMG
  • Fixed an issue where Silver Ancient Wonders would generate additional large empty provinces around it, rather than only making a small province for themselves; making it hard for the AI to decide where to expand
I'm pretty sure that's this one

I'm pretty sure that's this one
The computer rulers I played against in my last game had a decent amount of outposts underground or relatively far away from silver wonders and they still did not found new cities, so I am not completely sure, and all of them seemed to have been affected, not a single one of them founded a new city. At the same time though, I also set the world to include "wondrous past" so there was a decent amount of silver wonders dotting the map.

Reactions:
The computer rulers I played against in my last game had a decent amount of outposts underground or relatively far away from silver wonders and they still did not found new cities, so I am not completely sure, and all of them seemed to have been affected, not a single one of them founded a new city. At the same time though, I also set the world to include "wondrous past" so there was a decent amount of silver wonders dotting the map.
Okay tried a few games after this hotfix, looks like the expansion behaviour issue did get solved by fixing the silver landmark terrain generation.