Was the kingdom of Aragon removed in the game?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Landmeister

Major
2 Badges
Jul 19, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • 500k Club
I began a new game from 860 AD with version 1.7.1 and I'm in 1100 AD, but there is no 'create kingdom of Aragon' so far!! I liberated the Duchy of Aragon in 950, all balearic Islands around 920 or so and I've been waiting since. Why doesn't it appear?

According to the wiki, you need to be an independent duke our count. Since you've been playing for over 200 years, I assume you're king already. If that's the case, you'll have to pull some stunts to demote yourself first.

Reactions:
I liberated the Duchy of Aragon in 950, all balearic Islands around 920 or so and I've been waiting since. Why doesn't it appear?

According to the wiki (can't link due to spam filter), the only valid duchies are Aragon proper, Barcelona, Navarre, and Valencia. The Balearics aren't among them.

It's also one of those decisions with the annoying "duke level or below" conditions.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions:
According to the wiki (can't link due to spam filter), the only valid duchies are Aragon proper, Barcelona, Navarre, and Valencia. The Balearics aren't among them.

It's also one of those decisions with the annoying "duke level or below" conditions.
I wish this one and the Portugal one were available to kings and emperors.

I wish this one and the Portugal one were available to kings and emperors.
There’s a historical base for the condition duke or below, Aragon (with Sobrarbe and Ribagorza) getting separated from Navarra (twice) and Portugal, once a part of Galicia, getting separated from León. In case of the latter a (renewed) kingdom of Galicia could have made sense too.

Now I get your irritation with this condition too. IMHO duke or below should get easier conditions, than a king or above. So maybe they should add a decision for a king ot emperor, but they should require harder conditions in return.

Last edited: