Was support rebels nerfed, or is it bugged now?

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Question

Field Marshal
Jun 11, 2019
1593528022913.png

In 1.29, you could support any rebel faction as long as they were listed as the "likely rebel faction" for a province.

In 1.30, only rebel factions that are progressing towards an uprising because their province is above 0 unrest can be supported.

I checked the patch notes and I see no mentions of this being changed.

Theres also some rather strange behaviour, if you support rebels and the unrest in their provinces drops to 0 before they spawn, they cant spawn. Nor do you get any notification at all when this occurs.

And if you occupy provinces, then start supporting rebels in those provinces, they wont spawn when the progress hits 100%. You dont get any notification when this happens either. When it hits 100%, they dont spawn and you can click "support rebels" again as if you are not supporting any rebels at all. They will only spawn if someone else controls at least 1 province that they can spawn in.

E.G. You occupy Venice's provinces with Dalmatia cores and then start supporting Dalmatian seperatists, progress hits 100% but the rebels never spawn and the game acts as if you are not supporting any rebels in Venice at all.

Last edited:
Reactions:
Well you clearly spotted the issue, I don't think anyone has anything to add. You can submit a bug report. Remember than according to devs, when in doubt, consider it's a bug and submit it.

Reactions:
It's hard to say much about this issue because I don't think many people use the feature. It's not really something that ever crosses my mind when playing the game. It is weird that it's been changed at all though.

• 1Like
Reactions:
This sounds very much bug-report-worthy, yes. Nothing to discuss, great description of the issue at hand. Don't ever use the issue myself, thus never noticed anything.

To be honest, in the vanilla game, support rebels is useless because most of the time the uprising doesnt even occur and you just wasted your money (and 5 years of waiting) for nothing.

But if you increase the uprising chance, it actually gets a niche use. You can, for example, support pretender rebels to break a union.

• 2Like
Reactions: