• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Van der Gent

Old Guard Admiral
42 Badges
Sep 16, 2004
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order

previewdc7.png

Hello all forumites interested in the Revolutionary Wars and the Nepoleonic wars! Wars of Napoleon 1789-1821 is a mod in development, based on Hearts of Iron (2) that will allow you to play as almost all nations in the world during 1789 to 1821. Play thorugh the French Revolution up to the death of Napoleon and experience 32 years of exciting gameplay!

Still not fully interested? Well, let me get you in the mood before further presenting the actual mod:
(If you don't like to read a lot scroll further down)

The year is 1793.

The Revolution of 1789 has a firm grip on France, even though the Revolution has met with countless of obstacles it has managed to establish itself firmly within France. The Revolution has proven itself to have wide popular support, not only from the lower classes, many enlightened members of the middle and upper classes are actively supporting it. Still there are those who oppose the Revolution and that are openly revolting against the new regime. The Government needs to divert many precious soldiers who would be well needed elsewhere to fight of the armies of France’s enemies. The French armies have taken most of Belgium and gained a foothold in Italy, the French armies of the Revolution now await to spread the revolution to all corners of Europe. The French king, Louis XVI is found guilty of treason and is executed. This event would lead to the great powers of Europe to link up in an effort to stop the madness of the Revolution. The members of the First Coalition are preparing themselves to fight off France and all the revolutionary ideals that travel in the footsteps of her army. France might stand alone now, but will she with the use of diplomacy, or even by the use of the sword be able to forge alliances? Alone or not will France be able to stand victorious against such an overwhelming force?

Across the English channel Britain prepares its army and its mighty fleet to by every means necessary destroy the Revolution in France. The British Empire, stretching across the entire globe, is the mightiest in the world. Will her empire contribute to the strength of her Forces or will Britain be forced in to fighting battles all over the globe in an effort to defend her empire? Her Navy is the mightiest in the world, if the entire might of it is concentrated no navy will be able to defeat it. But if her navies are scattered across the globe will she be able to maintain supremacy over the English channel or will the French fleet be able to destroy the English fleet piece by piece? The British have many chances, but if they don’t play their cards wisely they might face utter defeat.

The Dutch empire was once a mighty rival of the British Empire. Dutch traders had monopoly on trade in many places all over the world and her navy was one of the greatest on the seven seas. But after many wars and failures over the years, of which Britain were responsible for most of them, the once glorious Dutch Empire has little strength left. After the defeat in the 4th Anglo-Dutch war it’s uncertain if her fleet ever again will be able to recover its former greatness. French armies stand ready to carry the Revolution into the United Provinces, will be Dutch Republic be able to defend her homeland or is she doomed to become a French vassal?

The Kingdom of Prussia is situated in Eastern Germany. Even though formerly not viewed as a major power, Prussia showed her strength in the Silesian wars. The Armies of Fredrick II were soon known throughout Europe to have the most disciplined and well trained soldiers in Europe. Prussia is a highly militarized society and the glory acquired during the reign of Fredrick II still shines. Prussia prepares herself to defend her country against the revolutionary armies of France. But she does not exclude to possibility to strike east if she gets the chance. However the Prussia of 1793 is not the same Prussia as during the reign of Fredrick II, she is far much weaker, even though the Prussians don’t know about their weaknesses they shall soon find out. But if she can identify and remove her weaknesses she might very well be one of the major players in the Old World.

In the East of Europe lies what used to the mighty Kingdom of Poland. Once stretching from the Baltic to the Black Sea, but now only fragments of that mighty nation remain. Poland’s neighbors have shown themselves to have a large appetite for land, and the declining Polish kingdom seemed to be a good capture. During the recent years Poland has been torn apart by her neighbours, and it seems likely that the little that is left of Poland soon also will be lost. Or could their perhaps be a small chance that Poland might survive the jaws of heir neighbours, and maybe, just maybe she can regain what has been lost and once again become the true ruler of eastern Europe?

Sweden is still shocked by the murder of the former king, the king’s son is not yet of age and the country is ruled by a guardian regency. Even though Sweden has been on the decline for many years she still has hopes to once again be the uncontested ruler of the Baltic Sea. The former King had made sure that the Swedish navy was modernized and re-organized and the same with her army. The old officers were replaced by younger more competent ones. Her armies might not be as strong as the armies of Karl XII, but her navy is extremely formidable and has proved itself effective against the Russian counterpart. Even though the Swedish-Russian war of 1788-90 was indecisive Sweden might be able to reclaim her lost territories. However there are also plans to take Norway from the weakened Denmark. Sweden has many options, but she must choose her enemies and friends wisely or she will be destroyed.

The Kingdom of Denmark is ruled by an insane King, however the true ruler is the king’s nephew. Denmark was once the ruler of Entire Scandinavia and also had many possessions in Northern Germany and the Baltics. However that was a long time ago and Denmark is now only a minor power in Europe. But she still has dreams of taking back Scania and the other possessions that were lost to Sweden. If Denmark can find a strong ally to back her up she might very well be able to take the territory back and perhaps also some of the territories in Northern Germany and the Baltics. However without strong allies to back her up she will merely play the role as lap dog of the great powers.

In the Southeastern parts of Europe lies the Ottoman Empire. However she is merely a shadow of the great and prosperous empire she used to be. She is far behind the European states in most areas, her army has nothing left of its former glory and her navy is pathetic. However, still a large country, she has lots of potential. If she can befriend the stronger European powers she might be able to reform herself and perhaps regain her status as one of the mightiest empires of the world. However if she continues her current path she might be gobbled up by her neighbours just as Poland.

Spain controls on of the mightiest empires of the world. But Spain has never really recovered since the defeat of her armada in 1588. All her strength is needed to maintain her over-seas empire and if she plans to join a larger war in the old continent it’s uncertain if she’ll be able to play any major role. War against France could possibly mean occupation of the Iberian Peninsula, but war against Britain could result in several British invasions of her empire. Spain must chose her paths wisely if she intends to maintain her Empire, but she must be even wiser if she seeks to once again make the Spanish Empire the mightiest in the world.

Austria lies in the very heart of eastern-central Europe. She consists of many nationalities, which have many times over lead to instability within the empire. The Archduke is not only the ruler of the Austrian Empire but also the Holy Roman Emperor. Now that French armies have broken the gate to the Holy Roman Empire and occupied Belgium it’s time to react and put an end to all these revolutionary ideals from the peasants ruling in Paris. However France has also gained a hold in Italy, not only is the Austrian influence over Italy threatened, if the French armies manage to occupy Northern Italy the Imperial capital might be threatened. Austria is forced to fight the French in Germany and in Italy, but she must also consider the possibility of a revolt back home. Austria’s defeats in the Silesian wars have shaken her confidence, will her armies be able to defeat the French and stop the spreading of the Revolution?

Whose side will you be on? Will you spread the Revolution or will you fight against it to preserve order and peace in Europe?

(As people might have noticed I have forgotten to include Russia in this little presentation of Europe. All Russian Bear-lovers out there, I'm very sorry!)

As you might have noticed this presentation is based on Europe in 1793. Our first scenario will start in 1793. More scenarios will of course be added later!

Now, please remember that this mod is in a quite early state of development and all things mentioned in this post might be subject to changes in the future.

Now perhaps you are interested in knowing what we have done so far. We have actually gotten a bit on the way but we still have a long road ahead of us!

The first pic will be of the main nation, France. Picture decription is below every picture.

screensave0rt6.jpg

Now you can see that we have added a new frame for all leaders(and ministers, I'll show you some more examples later). We also see some other examples of changed graphics, as you are a quite celever person I'm sure you'll spot them on your own! We can also see that some the units have different stats and yet they share the same icon, don't mind that, I was just interested in showing you some cosmetic changes, further on you see that the year is 1935, I haven't applied the NTLP - the scenario is 1793.
(Just a small note on that icon, the background of the icon is made by SKIF, so cerdit to them)

Now I have showed you a little something from France, so let's move on to another interesting country(and one of my personal favourites) Sweden!

sveroge1ol5.jpg

You can see the Swedish Army based in Sthlm and you can see the 'Archipelago Fleet'. I might also tell you that all OOB's so far are for either testing or show-off purposes, just that you know. Perhaps youäve noticed that the Swedish Fleet is commanded by a British Admiral, he did actually serve in the Swedish fleet, although when this scenario starts he is in Turkey and not available to Sweden. Perhaps you've noticed we are using the excellent sprites for Victoria made by BeBro.

Bellow follows some more screenshots focused on Sweden.

sverige2pp7.jpg

More ships..

sverige3wo6.jpg

Swedish Army, showing icons. There are actually pictures for a lot of Swedish land leaders although I had forgotten to add them before taking all screenshots. Further on firstnames will not be a part of leader names.

sverige4ow9.jpg

Swedish(Finnish) Army invades Russia.

Now I have shown you some in-game pictures, let's see some other stuff!

11r67aq.jpg

Load Screen. ( I think it's the one currently supposed to be in use)

scenscrkj1.jpg

Scenario Screen.

We are atm working on adding new army sprites, as you have seen in other screenshots we've used EU3 ones.

france2sn7.png

Frenchies

brit2qf9.png

British

We are also atm working in implementing the Victoria map to our mod. As we will remove several provinces we have even fewer provinces than HoI2's limit.

npj7v7.jpg

This is how the world will look like, however if we can use this map rough TI borders will be smoothened.

leadersao3.jpg

Here are some more pictures of leaders. As you can see some have coloured alternatives. In the basic download all leader/minister pics will be B&W, however we will release a separate download with alterantive coloured pics. (When they are available ofc, we won't colourize everything)

And the final pic will be of our first protype of our new techtree!

imp8r9.jpg

And good looking it is! Although it will be a bit larger with mor technologies to each category in the future.

Now I guess that was what I had piled together to show you. I hope you like what you have seen. If you are interested in this mod it would be great if you decided to complete this mod! First of all you might think "why work on a mod when HoI3 is coming. HoI3 is far away and we'll hopefully be able to complete this mod somewhat before HoI3 is out. Secondly people still play older versions of games even though newer ones are available. Also, the more help we get the sooner this will be released.

You don't need to be good at modding to help, all you need to know is how to use a search engine! Of course the more you know about modding the better, but research is extremely important, so if you don't know how to mod that will be a perfect area for you to contribute to.

I hope you're at this very moment asking yourself the question "Where do I sign up?" The answer to that question is: At our FORUM of course.

Just register, although it takes 5 posts ti get certain privileges, if you are in dire need of them post at the "spam for threads"-thread.

I hope I'll see you around in the future. Help as much or as little as you'd like, all help is appreciated. If you have any trouble or have any questions please PM me or post in this thread or in our FORUM.

We also have our own webpage - currently under development.
http://warsofnapoleon.freevar.com/

Once again, our forum:
http://www.phpbbserver.com/napoleonmod/index.php?mforum=napoleonmod

I think that is all for me today, have a pleasant evening or whatever it is in your part of the world!

previewdc7.png

(Please don't quote this post as it's really long and please don't quote pictures, they take up a lot of space!)

I sincearly apologize for all spelling and grammatical errors in this entire post.

Last edited:
*reserved*

Go Russia, go Russia, go Russia, go... <waves his tiny Russian flag, hoping his compatriots fail to notice anything> ^^

Are you planning to ake the mod as historical as possible, or it will provide a number of ahistorical options as well? And I don't mean the "Napoleon wins at Waterloo" thing, but something more fun - creating a girondist chain of sister republics, using the turmoil in Europe to snap some bits of the Ottoman Empire as Russia...

Excellent presentation, mate. Finally you did it.

Ah yes, there were many troubles on the way but I think it turned out well in the end. :)

Jedrek said:
Go Russia, go Russia, go Russia, go... <waves his tiny Russian flag, hoping his compatriots fail to notice anything> ^^

Are you planning to ake the mod as historical as possible, or it will provide a number of ahistorical options as well? And I don't mean the "Napoleon wins at Waterloo" thing, but something more fun - creating a girondist chain of sister republics, using the turmoil in Europe to snap some bits of the Ottoman Empire as Russia...

There will be plenty of options for all nations! Players won't be forced to take historical paths, it's supposed to be a game not a history book! And once again I'm sorry Russia wasn't included in the text, I had forgotten about her, but I shall not forget about her as she conquers Europe. ;)

Oorlog said:
Looks really good!

Byzantine glory said:
this looks amazing

Thank you!

/Me and the rest of the team!

Haru yo koi said:
Finally, a mod that starts off with something done.

Having a great idea attracts some, now those few must make a large effort to get somehting done and than present it, as actual work done attracts a lot of people. ;)

Haru yo koi said:
China is very dull in Vicky, Fix that please :D

I can't make any promises, why don't you join in and help with China to make sure they are fun to play. :)

TheEnlighted1 said:
Oh my god!

One word-

EPIC.

Thank you! :D

Haru yo koi said:
I will happily work on China.

I'm using Armageddon V1.2 and will need all done files. I can mod pretty well.

I will sign up on the forum.

Swell! :)

/me hyperventilates :D

I can help you with the Serbian Revolution (1804-1817). I already provided help with it in the previous mod. You can find my contributions posted http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8233901&postcount=41, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8237116&postcount=44 and http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8254358&postcount=47

Just tell me what you need, I can help you with many events related to Serbian, Austrian and Russian Wars against the Turks.

I'll also try learning some basic map modding. I hope I don't screw anything up :D

Looks cool :D

This is awesome.

stefanmg said:
Just tell me what you need, I can help you with many events related to Serbian, Austrian and Russian Wars against the Turks.

I'll also try learning some basic map modding. I hope I don't screw anything up :D

Cool
Join our forum and write everything about it there :)

Nice presentaion by the way VDG :) :D :D

Zauberfloete said:
:eek: *Speechless* Well Sir I have done it, make a historical pre-20th Century mod work! Good luck with the progress!

Davisx3m said:
Looks cool :D

humancalculator said:
This is awesome.

kris4o1993 said:
It's not cool, it's AMAZING!!!

Thank you for all kind words! :)

stefanmg said:
/me hyperventilates :D

I can help you with the Serbian Revolution (1804-1817). I already provided help with it in the previous mod. You can find my contributions posted http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8233901&postcount=41, http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8237116&postcount=44 and http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showpost.php?p=8254358&postcount=47

You have some good information there and of course the Serbian revolution must be included in the mod! Please post all that information and more on our forum!

____

There are only a few new registered users at our forum, everyone, go over there, register and start helping! :)

Van der Gent said:
You have some good information there and of course the Serbian revolution must be included in the mod! Please post all that information and more on our forum!

____

There are only a few new registered users at our forum, everyone, go over there, register and start helping! :)

Alright, I'll register and get working on it. I just saw that I messed up the links in my post, but luckily you managed to find it. :D