• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Xetfield

Major
98 Badges
Aug 23, 2017
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Age of Wonders II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Age of Wonders
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Stellaris: Necroids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Magicka 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
Why would they want these provinces, exactly?
BF1A1AF4-EB41-4F1B-909C-B616CDEC3FC5.jpeg

Attachments

• AA5633A4-FDF4-49FB-9DA7-1E37E260A033.jpeg
    AA5633A4-FDF4-49FB-9DA7-1E37E260A033.jpeg
    367,5 KB · Views: 0
  • 3Haha
Reactions:
Because it has the Mughal Diwan reform and wants to get the culture group bonuses.

With no sense if it would be pragmatic.

Can you post a picture showing which provinces they are interested in, please? I'm interested in seeing which provin es they consider to be of vital interest.

• 1Like
Reactions:
Because it has the Mughal Diwan reform and wants to get the culture group bonuses.

How they can even ally somebody with this attitude?

I think its a real stretch to say that the AI even understands this concept or any of the bonuses. It certainly doesn't understand idea groups and only picks them based on scripted weights, not what the bonuses actually give.

AI Mughals always mark random provinces all around the world as vital interest because of AI reasons
This is pretty much accurate. I rarely see Mughals since Timurids were changed however many patches ago, but whenever I do see them they set vital interest all over the world. Spain does this as well but it makes sense for them as an imperialist colonizer. I imagine there is a reason Mughals chooses to do it... but I can't honestly see why they want some of the provinces realistically.

As a side note, I miss a consistent Mughals. Persia region is too easy to conquer now. The only limiting factor is a Muslim coalition from Timbuktu to the Pacific Islands.

Reactions:
Well France, SPain and England always go for the Gold provinces and if you are allied as coloniser by 1600 they break the alliance because of this.

Reactions:
I'd say they want those provinces to counter their rivals... the Ottomans, Russia, and Bengal. That's how the AI usually does things, if their rival has interest in an area they try to deny them that.... (I see you're allied to one of their Rivals) Or it's because the AI is a war mongering troll who wants as much land as possible and doesn't care where it's at which is also a game designed truth. (especially if it denies it to the player) (also if you're incredibly rich they try to counter that too...I had Spain Colonize Canada (while Spain was my Ally, just to weaken my trade (as England))

Last edited:
Reactions:
Why would they want these provinces, exactly?
View attachment 654809
I had a Qing game ages ago where all my land was desired by GB and Austria (had destroyed France slicing them in half with a land snake from Burgundy to the center of their west coast). The year 1550 was really weird since its not like there was the imperialism CB or either nation was colonising in the area. Strangest part of your Mughals thing is the fact the ruler is diplomatic lol since usually u only see nations desire a decent amount of provinces when they're aggressive.