• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
can you guys make it so that the special building for Ganaina (capital of amazon kingdom) does not disappear after converting the tribal holding to a castle?

• 3Like
Reactions:
The regular holy war ( "religious = {" ) CB doesn't work since it has an extra check for satanists outside the OR for being a different religion from the target. I'm not sure if known_satanist is even used anywhere but it's easy to fix.

Also, since greenskins are excluded from standard holy wars it's very strange that lizardmen are barred from the purge greenskins CB, especially since they're pretty much the embodiment of disorder without being outright chaos worshipers. I just commented that out on my version but is there some reason for this?

I would also like to know how to fix this.

I know it is in the 00_cb_types file but how do I remove it without messing up everything?
Code:
can_use = {
        ROOT = {
            is_nomadic = no
            NOT = { religion_group = chaos_gods_group }
            NOT = { pacifist = yes }
            NOT = { culture_group = skaven_group }
            NOT = { religion_group = greenskin_gods_group }
            NOT = { trait = vampire_necrarch_visible }
            NAND = {
                religion_group = necromantic_group
                trait = vampire_jade_visible
            }
            NOR = {
                has_character_flag = currently_reconquering_iberia
                reconquista_check_trigger = yes
            }
        #    AND = { This whole section should be deleted or commented out by putting the #s at the front of every line so the game ignores them.
        #        religion_group = FROM
        #        FROM = {
        #            has_character_modifier = known_satanist
        #        }                    NOT = {
        #            has_character_modifier = known_satanist
        #        }
        #    }
            NOT = { same_realm = FROM }
            OR = {
                NOT = { religion_group = FROM }
                is_heresy_of = FROM
                is_parent_religion = FROM
                AND = {
                    religion_group = ormazd_gods_group
                    NOT = { religion = FROM }
                    FROM = {
                        NOT = {
                            any_current_enemy = {
                                NOT = {
                                    religion_group = ormazd_gods_group
                                }
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
                AND = {
                    religion_group = FROM
                    FROM = {
                        has_character_modifier = known_satanist
                    }
                    NOT = {
                    }
                }
            }
            top_liege = {
                religion_group = ROOT
                OR = {
                    NOT = { religion = FROM }
                    AND = {
                        religion = FROM
                        FROM = {
                        }
                        NOT = {
                        }
                        ROOT = {
                            NOT = {
                            }
                        }
                    }
                }
                OR = {
                    religion = ROOT
                    AND = {
                        is_heretic = no
                        ROOT = { is_heretic = no }
                    }
                }
            }
            mercenary = no
            OR = {
                NOT = { religion = grail }
                FROM = { NOT = { religion = asrai_cadai } } #handled by separate county-level cb
            }
            NOT = { trait = creature_nehekharan } #handled by separate county-level cb
            NOT = { trait = creature_beastman } #handled by separate county-level cb
            NOT = { religion_group = cadai_group }    # They expand through colonial cb
            NOT = { religion = hashut }    # They get different stuff
        }
        FROM = {
            NOT = { trait = vampire_necrarch_visible }
            NOT = { culture_group = orc_group }
            NOT = { culture_group = goblin_group }
            NOT = { religion_group = greenskin_gods_group }
        }
    }

Also, less related stuff from my Skink-Hitler of Tlanqua playthrough:
  • You're definitely going to want to disable the sleeping slann event. It's mostly RNG with a bit of trait-weighting (skinks with "good" traits weight the top two magic options higher unless they hate you, skinks with "bad" traits weight the lower two mundane options higher), but since the decadence gain is significantly higher than the loss for a skink agreeing, and absolutely EVERY VASSAL gets to vote, it's entirely possible for large realms to go from 0 to 60 decadence at once. This is made worse by the mean time to happen being only six years so this happens very frequently.
  • For Tlanqua at least, adding taxes to the lizardman government results in merchant republic levels of dosh, since lizardmen outside of Lustria apparently don't have any sort of restrictions on upgrading tribal holdings so your vassals will fill their slots up with directly-held cities as soon as you finish purging their provinces of warmbloods. It's a bit imbalanced but makes taking land valuable instead of just adding a few dozen more vassal levies.
  • If you get "Purge Greenskins/Beastmen", take that since it's way shorter and only costs some gold. The regular "Purge Province" is instead 10 years and a practically guaranteed revolt for every single province since you're literally genociding them, but still replaces the province culture and religion at the end.
  • Cold One mounts are awesome and have stat buffs comparable to dragons. You should probably get one, and possibly give your commanders some once you're established. It takes 5 years to train them but Saurus are immortal and as far as I know the Cold Ones themselves don't have any old-age events.

• 1Like
Reactions:
it's entirely possible for large realms to go from 0 to 60 decadence at once. This is made worse by the mean time to happen being only six years so this happens very frequently.

I went from 3 to 100 with one(1!) bad decision. And I didn't even have that large of a realm. Like two fifths of lower Lustria. One of the reasons why I stopped playing lizardmen. Completely botched and no rewards whatsoever for putting up with all the artificial roadblocks. In fact, that was the moment I gave up entirely. The highest spike I had previous to that, was up to 88%, and I worked hard to get it down again. After it jumped to 100% I literally just alt-f4'd. F that.

Guys if you read this message, just know that your work is an absolute masterpiece. You should join paradox, or otherwise replace them. I've had more fun in a fewhours on Geheimnisnacht than in three years on the original game, with any other full replacement mods. Thank you three billion times.

From Burgundy, France

• 3Like
  • 2Love
Reactions:
Guys if you read this message, just know that your work is an absolute masterpiece. You should join paradox, or otherwise replace them. I've had more fun in a fewhours on Geheimnisnacht than in three years on the original game, with any other full replacement mods. Thank you three billion times.

From Burgundy, France
A billion thanks to you!

• 3Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Starting a game with count Jourdain of Myrke (renamed it Mirqué, for a more Bretonnian sound to it) in the eastern Borderlands, right next to the World's Edge Mountains. My little southern bretonnian kingdom flourished well for a time but with successions issues countless greenskins and that son of a bitch Vorag son of Ushoran are pushing me back north. Anyway, I still hold Black Crag (Now Castelblac). That's what matters to me :) Btw guys, may I ask if I can do anything do increase my chances of succeeding in cleansing greenskin presence from a province?

:) Btw guys, may I ask if I can do anything do increase my chances of succeeding in cleansing greenskin presence from a province?

Look for a Dwarfen Slayer. There is, at this time, nothing in the player's control that can be done to increase the odds of the success for cleansing Greenskins via the province decision. Having a Dwarfen Slayer in your court means there's a chance for an event to fire that has the same effect.

I just wanted to post a big 'Thank You!' to all involved in releassing of this mod. I had great fun playing one of the previous versions and I'm sure going to have more in this one. The Chaos Gods look kindly (in their own wicked way) upon you.

• 5Like
  • 1Love
Reactions:
Normally, the Installer is pretty great and I used it for all mods that have it.

That being said, if you do unzip it, do it in:

Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings II\mod
Did the installer and it's there now.

Thank you a lot for updating the mod and making it actually playable after all this years, can i ask though if at any point the "optimization" mods are coming back?

The WH: Geheimnisnacht Community Discord has a couple sub-mods that work with the current edition. "Low-Quality Textures and Vanilla Portraits" might be worth checking out if you're looking for better performance.

• 1Like
Reactions:
The WH: Geheimnisnacht Community Discord has a couple sub-mods that work with the current edition. "Low-Quality Textures and Vanilla Portraits" might be worth checking out if you're looking for better performance.

I am looking more towards stuff like "Old-World Only" "Ratcatcher" "Elves be gone" and so on, but thanks for the response anyhow.

• 2Like
Reactions:
Status
Not open for further replies.