Warehouse of the East mission in Byzantium Mission tree question

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

agolba

Private
50 Badges
Jun 26, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
The final mission in the economic part of the mission tree for the Byzantium mission tree seems extremely difficult to get before the age of absolutism. I can easily get all the prerequisites to complete the mission long before the age of absolutism except for one; getting 100 trade power or making Constantinople the highest valued trade node. No matter how many workshops. marketplaces, or how many merchants I have steering trade power to Constantinople, I can never get it close to 100 trade value, let alone the highest trade node in the world. Is there some trick or something I am missing in getting this mission completed well before the age of absolutism? Thanks for your help in advance.

Like Stiopa said, Manufactories are the way. I usually strategize for the valuable tech 11 manufactories (cloth, dyes, silk, salt, iron, copper) and save up a couple thousand ducats beforehand (usually doable at that point if you've scaled well - you can always opt to just punch money out medium and major powers you can take on). Get -10% construction cost from Orthodox and start scaling rapidly from there. It takes longer to make Constantinople the most valuable node as Byzantium but as Ottomans you can easily get it done by the early 1500s.

Depending on your influence, you can also lower the value of other trade notes by collecting from their feeding trade nodes.

Taking their nations trade power via war, direct provinces, etc can help. How feasible it is varies of course

I can pretty reliably do this, but an important aspect is getting at least two extra merchants from trade companies, one for Crimea and one for Persia. Maybe it's because I don't really expand in the west a lot in the first two ages, focusing on the tradeflow from India to maximize income.