• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SwordOfJustice

Peaceful Warrior
66 Badges
Dec 8, 2003
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • 200k Club
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris
  • Sengoku
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • BATTLETECH
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Divine Wind
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Iron Cross
  • Lead and Gold
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
FALLOUT'S DOOMSDAY MOD

FODD_Version_11.jpg

Current Version: 1.1.5
Release Date: 28/04/2011

Compatibility: HOI2 Doomsday Armageddon v.1.2 English only
Supported Game Mode: Single player and Multiplayer. This mod is designed to be used with sprites but also has counters.

Version 1.1 Released
The mod has an installer. It is currently available as a torrent or as a download from FileFront. In the installation documentation I mention it would be inside a rar file but I forgot to do that. Anyway, the installer is already compressed, so there is not much point in compressing it again.

Here is the torrent magnet URI. You can use this with a torrent program like the excellent uTorrent. http://www.utorrent.com/

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:9EF459A3ECCB9E3D35FE430DE8C946D6E37FBAD6

Here is the FileFront location: http://www.gamefront.com/files/20209699/FODD_1.1.exe

Version 1.1 Installation Procedure
Make a clean installation of HOI2 DD:A ver 1.2. Copy it somewhere and give a new name (e.g. D:\Games\FODD). Run the installer. Choose the path to your prepared game folder. The installer places an icon on your desktop. You will have to go to Properties on that icon and fill in the correct paths according to where you installed the mod.

Patch 1.1.5
Just extract the rar over the top of your FODD installation. You should get a message about replacing existing files.
http://www.gamefront.com/files/20272344/FODD_1.1.5.rar

This patch is cumulative with previous patches. In other words, you only need to install the latest patch and not the previous ones.

1). New counters.
2). Flags for Barbarians and Far Away Land.
3). A fix for Kurtz's Camp wiping out Broken Hills very early.
4). I temporarily reinstated the old province control and rebellion events so people can get on with a stable, fun game. Some of the newest nations don't have province control events yet, like Vault 10 nation. See point 25.
5). Fix the trigger date for a new event which explains about conquering the Wastelands to the player.
6). Some of the new sounds are not the latest version I have created.
7). Forgot to fix initial trade deals according to new economic values.
8). Added missing ship sprites!
9). Fixed bug in Glow discovery events that allowed multiple treasure finds. See point 26.
10). I added a trigger in the Enclave event about getting prisoners from Den to check if Den still exists.
11). Removed the alliance code in the Enclave event New World Order and the FUSA event Manifest Destiny. They will now stay in the hard coded alliances. Thanks, Shogo.
12). I reduced the dissent for NROM event Corruption in High Places from 3 to 2 based on Elitech's feedback.
13). Reduced MP loss from 4 to 3 for NROM slaver raid event.
14). Raised NROM starting manpower pool from 2 to 32.
15). Created a more accurate icon for Data Centers which replace rocket test facilities in normal HOI2.
16). Updated the Secret tech Data Centers to allow Robots to gain it. Amended the corresponding Secret tech activation event to match.
17). Added one level of Data Center to Unimak Island for the Enclave.
18). Fixed a bug where Vault 10 had wrong name of Saigon Cartel.
19). Added an event for FUSA that detects if Caesar's Legion no longer exists and cancels the effects of the Deal With the Devil event.
20). Added the missing Vault 10 leader and minister pictures.
21). Searched every game text file and replaced rocket with data center.
22). Fixed a bug in the Tragic events on Conqueror and Vault 10 which meant the nation would not spawn in some situations.
23). Added Helicopters to boni to the events dealing with Military Technocracy government type.
24). I had forgotten to update the Gecko events for Ghoul Union to the new province ID of Necropolis which was given in the map update.
25). Replaced the province control events with new, corrected ones made using Vlad's Excel macro.
26). I had not fully fixed the Glow events as the outcome events would keep firing. Now fixed.
27). Used the wrong province event control file in the release. Now added correct one. Thanks Piotr.

Playing the Mod
IMPORTANT NOTE! There is an error displayed during loading of the scenario. Just click to ignore it. There is no gameplay effect that I can spot. This got introduced somehow when I did a mass update of mod content but it is very difficult to track down.

Also, there are some rivers not represented on the map. I've noticed it in the east. I will fix this in 2.0.

Optional Files:
Note: music and movie files are included. You can choose not to install them if you are short on hard drive space, but they are very good.

Other Links
Official Forum: http://terranova.dk/viewforum.php?f=15
Paradox Forum Thread: http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/showthread.php?t=311272&page=1

Sword's Notes on 1.1:
My God, it's finally done! Nearly a year in the making, version 1.1 is a real step up for this mod. You will find a very polished game with so much new and updated content, fantastic sounds and graphics, and enhanced gameplay since the last release. Many bugs have been hunted down and killed!

I couldn't have done this mod without the many contributors. As always, I have to single out Brother Vladimir for his outstanding contributions, including the recent writing of an Excel macro to generate the hundreds of Wastelands province control events automatically. No more blistered hands typing wildly on a keyboard to copy-paste-edit hundreds of such events! This poor Mod-Slave thanks him from the bottom of his heart. *gollum*

Of course, there have been many others I should thank: Messenger, Gukan, Elitech, TheAmazingJex, Serban, JRHINDO and others. Thank you all for making this mod possible.

Summary of Mod Features
Code:
- Post apocalyptic science fiction setting set in the world of the Fallout computer games.
- 41 playable nations, set in post Apocalyptic North America.
- Stable game play. It's possible to complete an entire game without a crash (though it can crash rarely, must be space-time eddies).
- New political matrix and domestic sliders with supporting event pool.
- 400+ techs in all new tech tree, with awesome pictures containing pertinent and funny quotes.
- All new units and brigades. Each line has been extensively tested and play balanced, with each unit and attachment type having a gameplay niche.
- Primitive starting technology for units combined with low infrastructure makes for new war dynamics.
- High combat values for all units, meaning fights are bloody and hard.
- Five races, each with custom techs and units.
- Modified economic system, suited to the Wastelands, with technologies playing a key part in providing resources.
- Thousands of events, including events for each nation and over 100 random events.
- Modified leader and minister traits.  
- Nearly all the text from the original game has been altered to suit the Wastelands setting.
- Very nearly complete graphic replacement: user interface, all screens, all sprites and nearly all icons.
- Functional AI settings for AI wars, diplomacy, trade and espionage.
- End game alliance event chain and scripted final war.
- Event chains to bring the Wastelands world to life like the Great Western Caravan Trail.
- Unique *player* traits to further customise a human player's play style.
- Content and storyline from all the Fallout games: Fallout 1, Fallout 2, Fallout Tactics, Van Buren (never released). There are even some light connections to Fallout 3 and Fallout New Vegas canon, though Fallout 3 happens in the future in the mod timeline.
- Unique Wastelands conquest mechanic, supported by hundreds of events. Defeat the waves of Marauders to slowly pacify the Wastelands.
- Fun pop culture references like the X-files random event chain depicting the descendants of the first two FBI agents on the X-files.
- One role playing event chain for anyone who plays the Former USA.
- Extensive play balance refinements and bug fixes.

Changes Since Release 1.0.1
Code:
- Many bug fixes.
- New combat model done by Messenger. Tough, slow, bloody combats. Air forces really help breakthroughs and high tech units are powerful.
- Fixed end game final war.  The end game events are more staggered now and the game engine copes better.
- New tech screen backgrounds and graphics done in a Fallout style.
- New terrain graphics and some new urban provinces.  All urban provinces are special Fallout locations with atmospheric pictures.
- New map!  Several provinces added to the west, representing Fallout 2's map better and allowing for more interesting wars.  New province names showing on the map now.
- New sprites. The sprites that were in the game have been overhauled slightly and several new ones have been added.
- Updated sounds. Some new battle and interface sounds added.
- Refinements to existing events, making them better.  Like if the Huns are at war with Broken Hills, they will try to seek passage through the Under-Nation.
- Nation set ups revised. Some majors now have starting air and naval forces, and major nations are generally stronger.
- Play balance between certain nations adjusted based on test games.  For example, the New Church has more IC now to give it more of a chance against the resurgent Manitou Tribes.
- Fantastic new unit detail pictures for many units, including custom ones for most nations.  Model pictures for many units also updated.
- New counters made by JRHINDO.
- New flags and shields made by Brother Vladimir. Some of the previous flags had green outlines showing.
- A new introductory movie. I quite like it, but will make the timing at the end better in release 2.0.
- Adjustments to some tech teams.
- A fun event chain for the Fallout game of Tragic the Garnering. Can you find and collect all the special Tragic cards?  These exist ingame with an explanation within the mod world. They do not have magical powers but they will give your nation unique benefits.  Some have risks as well, of course.

There is a lot more detail on what has been done since the last release, but you can review that in the change log file. I hope you enjoy the latest release of this sci-fi mod as much as I do.

Cheers,
Sword

Piter_Jedi_Modder.jpg

Images used without permission. No challenge to copyright intended, used purely for fan purposes without profit.

Last edited:
It's definitely PostWar.

Not fun, you say? Huge fun, I reckon! :p

You can control emerging powers trying to rebuild a few years after Fallout 2 (which is about 80-90 years after Fallout 1). Like New California Republic or Vault City. Will Vault City truely prevail, citizen? It is ringed with enemies after all...

Or you can play the former USA, the shattered remains of what used to be the US. They start with massive dissent and are in the middle of a civil war in their tiny remaining territory around what used to be the US capital. They get one understrength battalion of APCs and a unit of elite scouts, all that's left of the mighty US Army. But in the Fallout setting, that makes them a true Power of the Wastelands. Will they be able to pacify their territory and then go on to rebuild what's left of what was once the USA?

Or how about playing as the Robots led by the sentient Mainframe, with battalions filled with Sentry Robots and Mr Handys? Eventually, they get the heaviest units in the game like the Heavy Tankbots or the dreaded Behemoth walkers.
:rofl:

Then there is the Shi Empire, built from the survivors of a crashed Chinese nuclear sub. Or how about the Khans or the Vipers, ruthless Wasteland raiders preying on everyone?

No? Maybe being Head of a Crime Family running New Reno is more to your taste? Then it's all about making sure there's enough guns, drugs, gambling and broads for everyone, see? Which family will rise to the top in that hive of villainy and vice known as New Reno? Will you take the Salvatores, the Mordinos, the Bishops or the Wrights to glory?

The four main races (Humans, Ghouls, Mutants and Robots) all have their own units with distinct differences and some unique techs. Robots in particular have their own set of technology streams. There are some lovely graphics already in the mod.

It's early days, but with lots of work it should be a really great mod.

About your question on power armour... very good pick up, mate. But you know that top picture is taken from Fallout 3 apparently. So that could be the new look for power armour.
:cool:

Cheers,
Sword

I think there are a lot of computer game players who love the original games so much they are very devoted to it. I hear that Fallout Tactics was disliked by many Fallout fans, I believe because it made some changes to the background setting. Maybe that's what mib means with that post?

Anyway, I liked Fallout Tactics. I'm not a fanatic. I mean the whole Fallout game background is just made up stuff, influenced by that whole post apocalypse genre: movies like Mad Max, etc. I especially love those pop culture references in the game, like when you meet King Arthur and his knights from Monty Python wandering the Wasteland. Makes it fun and how you could take that too seriously? :p

But having said that, we are trying to make the mod true to the Fallout games. One key aspect is that retro 1950s sci fi style to the game. We are going to be using 1950s style sci-fi artwork in the mod where we can't find true Fallout graphics.

And that is a good excuse for me to share another gem of a picture with you all, sorry I just can't stop... I just love these cheesy pictures. :rolleyes: :rofl:

keep_em_firing.jpg

I'm going to suggest to the team that we use this picture for one of our military doctrines.

Again, used without permission, if the copyright holder sees this or if anyone knows who the copyright holder might be, could they contact me via our forum? Thanks.

Cheers,
Sword

JFeatherstone, I sent you a PM a while ago. In case you haven't got it, you'd be most welcome to help out, just head on over to our forum.

harold_1_small.gif
Well I guess you 'youngsters'... and I know some of you might be in your 40s, but you're all youngsters compared to me... heh heh heh *cough* *cough* *wheez*... I just never get tired of saying that! Now, where was I? Oh yeah... well, you 'youngsters' might be wonderin' if we've been doin' anything on the Fallout Mod. So I just gotta say 'Hold your horses there, pardner!', it's gonna take some time. But let me fill you in on the latest news.

News Update
The team has agreed on some goals for release of the first beta. All should be achieveable within the short term (next month or two I would guess).

All Land units have been reviewed and adjusted, so they now should compare well with each other and have the right costs I hope. Each race (Humans, Ghouls, Robots and Mutants) all have their own advantages and drawbacks and also unique units.

We are now starting review of brigades, and someone has kindly volunteered to also review Sea and Air units to knock them into shape.

The Alpha is available to FODD team members for testing and work.

FODD Website
SamboR is putting up a news item on a website devoted to the mod. So I thought I would share the link for that. We are mostly using our forum, but the website is very cute, in my opinion, and worth a visit.
http://www.hoi2-fallout.com/

The Brotherhood of Steel will bring peace to the Wastelands one day... Will you join our sacred crusade?
dark_age_brotherhood_small.jpg

Cheers,
Sword

News Update 14/07/07

Land brigades are finished. All land units and brigades now implemented. Three new brigades were added, including new techs for those, and the brigades tech screen further adjusted and tidied. The units and brigades seem to be performing well in testing of the pre-release Alpha so far. Each race has unique advantages and disadvantages.

New graphics for units and brigades partly finished. Looks quite good seeing those sci-fi graphics in the game.

Cheers,
Sword

Last edited:
And some teasers from my current game as The Enclave. In the Fallout world, the President of what was the USA plus his cabal of powerbrokers escaped the Holocaust by escaping to an offshore platform. So they retained a lot of technology and have evolved into the Enclave. Not the nicest of people, I have to say... :p

My production screen showing the new brigades. I'm not going to build the Apocalyptic Heavy Company - it uses scavenged weapons and is not upgradeable. I will likely build a light mortar company. I chose this artillery tech branch so it wont slow my battalions down.
Enclave_shot_01.JPG

The Enclave still has the technology to produce infantry Powered Armour suits, and here is one of my Powered Scout battalions on the mainland. The Enclave's finest.
Enclave_shot_02.JPG

Here is my tech research screen showing the new brigades. I am quite a war monger I'm afraid... but I believe the Wastelands cry out for the firm hand of leadership so I will bring them to the Enclave's banner... it's for their own good you understand.
Enclave_shot_03.JPG

I was spread too thinly and did not have a garrison in Klamath Falls. This is a key province with many resources that used to falsely believe that the path of Humanity's salvation was in independance. My Powered Armour units showed them they were mistaken. However, they seem to not understand their place is with the Enclave now... and the Nation of Arroyo moved in pacification forces before I could reach there. Arroyo, one of the new powers that emerged from the deeds of the famous Vault Dweller 80 years ago... they must be brought to heel... Klamath Falls is Enclave territory!
Enclave_shot_04.JPG

Some things never change. The bombs and the viruses came to nearly wipe Humanity from the face of the earth. But here we are after that and there is war again in the post apocalyptic Wastelands. The Enclave's mighty and advanced armies will save the humans of Arroyo from the mutants, the raiders and the other monsters of the Wastes, even if by force of arms.
Enclave_shot_05.JPG

Good fun! Sorry for the big pictures, but you can't read it if I shrink them.

Cheers,
Sword

Thanks! It will be a pretty cool mod. It's just the early days though, getting the basic framework complete. Doing units and brigades is a very solid foundation. Putting in artwork for every unit and brigade is next on the list, and that will really make it come to life that much more.

Yeah, they'll be some secret weapons. Probably not nukes though, unless we can think of some sneaky ideas to make it fit. Maybe a nuke could represent something like a super virus which wipes units in a province?

The only secret weapon we have thought of is Deathclaws. They are currently a normal brigade with very powerful stats. But they need to be made into a secret tech which is hard to research. We're not aiming for that in the first Beta, though, so it will have to wait.

If you've got any other ideas, please post 'em.

Cheers,
Sword

News Update 15/07/2007

FODD Alpha 01 has just been released. Aimed at the mod team for further testing and development work.

FODD Music Pack 01 is uploading now and will be released within a few minutes.

I'm going to post further screenshots from test games on our forum. This thread already has some large pictures.

Regards,
Sword